ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

uprev tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:55 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
uprev tune

I am looking to purchase an uprev tune from their website, the $550 one. They explained to me that they send a map based on the mods that I have and some parameters that I request. I would then log a few different runs and send them the logs. After that, they send me a revised tune and that is where it stops. I understand that I wont have the highest whp G out there with this method but do you guys think this process is adequate and safe?

My goal here is to get afr under control, raise the rev limit a little bit and increase shift speed/firmness. Per what I was explained from uprev, the $550 tune would do. Any thoughts?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
4DRZ did the mail-in Tune with his ECU to Z1Motorsports for $400. That's another option for you, if you're so inclined to spend a few days of downtime and save a little more money.

No dyno-tune shops in your area? Or you thinking it's not worth the expense and/or effort of a road trip?

What is it about the rev limit that has you thinking you want to see the other side of redline? In 5 years I can count on one hand the number of times the rev limiter has slapped me back, and each time it was an accident of poor shifting.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Hey I know of 2 phenomenal tuners in our area, Martin (Tampa) and Harry (Sarasota). Both can tune, tune correctly, and pull every last HP out your G. PM if you want their contact info.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:13 PM
terribleone
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
I went with the tune from Uprev and have had no issues with it
Old 04-26-2017, 09:01 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
For some reason I never got notified of these responses...Pm incoming fatsacs