Review Vibra-Technics Trans mount - MyG37

Vibra-Technics Trans mount

Old 08-31-2016, 10:03 PM   #1
slartibartfast

Vibra-Technics Trans mount

I had the Vibra-Technics trans mount installed. I bought it used from a forum member with a 6MT. The website doesn't specifically list the 7AT as an approved application but it does fit. Install time was half-an-hour (yay Southern car!).

The mount is significantly stiffer compared to OEM when held in one's hand. It's stiffer when installed, too. When puttering around a neighborhood, the mount manifests itself like an exhaust pipe hard up against the body. A bit more exhaust noise, seemingly, and more vibration through the steering wheel. I have the ARK Grip so it does mask some of the vibrations. It's now very obvious when the A/C compressor starts, especially when at a stop, whereas before it was nearly invisible. At constant freeway speeds all I feel is a little more vibration through the steering wheel. When accelerating I get what sounds like more intake noise but that can't be true as the intake is bone stock. The one 2nd gear stomp I've made so far revealed a lot of additional vibration, a very visceral sensation. More romping needed and further review updates coming.

So far I'm ambivalent to the change. If you feel the G is luxurious you won't like the change. If you feel more like the G is a bloated 370Z you will more likely approve of the change.

03-Sept-2016: managed a three gear lunge today and the mount wasn't as obvious as I expected. It just seemed like the intake was louder. I do notice the mount when coming to a stop as I can discern the whine of the straight-cut teeth in the planetary gear sets.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 09-05-2016 at 11:05 PM.
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
slartibartfast

April 2017 update.

I've gotten used to the mount. I still notice it at idle, especially when the A/C compressor cycles on and off, both in the seat and the steering wheel. Otherwise, it kind of fades out of my awareness. I spend my attention on the ARK exhaust and manual shift-mode. And music. My brother certainly noticed it, though.
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote