D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY - Carbon Fiber Duckbill Spoiler Install Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Japan
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crash0veride
I ended up picking up one of these JC Sportline carbon fiber spoilers and doing some custom fabrication to install the OEM camera on the spoiler. I figured I would share in the event it might be helpful to someone.

Fabricated bracket from aluminum drilled/notched to match factory camera bracket cutout/key and holes.

OEM Camera Installed Angled Down as it is in the factory spoiler.

Fabricated bracket from aluminum shaped to position the OEM camera angled down as it is on the factory spoiler and to the spoiler surface itself. It is secured with two coarse thread pan head screws.

OEM Camera Installed Angled Down as it is in the factory spoiler, and the air-gap around the camera has been sealed with black silicone.
how do I remove this from factory bracket
Old 01-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Japan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VQ37Kyle
How do you remove the camera from the OEM metal bracket? I'm stuck on that step
you figure this out? Seems to just unplug looking at pictures
Old 01-27-2019, 05:36 PM
crocsg37
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I got one of these spoilers for $105 shipped on EBAY and installed it today. My coupe doesn't have a camera so I made a plug out of black UV resistant plastic and attached it with plastic epoxy. As for the heavy duty two-sided tape, I left an 1/8 " gap at the bottom center to let any water escape that manages to get in the spoiler someday. The whole installation took me 2 1/2 hours but I was slow to create a plug for the camera hole. I couldn't be happier with the fit.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:23 AM
riquevq
Registered Member

Originally Posted by crocsg37
I got one of these spoilers for $105 shipped on EBAY and installed it today. My coupe doesn't have a camera so I made a plug out of black UV resistant plastic and attached it with plastic epoxy. As for the heavy duty two-sided tape, I left an 1/8 " gap at the bottom center to let any water escape that manages to get in the spoiler someday. The whole installation took me 2 1/2 hours but I was slow to create a plug for the camera hole. I couldn't be happier with the fit.

Any pictures? I have no back up camera is well and was thinking of just putting a camera in the hole that does not function. One of those cube aftermarket back up cameras.