D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Removing Fake airvents without removing Bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by C@ciQ
Ill post pics asap....I thought about it (removing the vents) but instead Im using a dremel and cut some of the vent. Probably get a hydroshield from ebay.
if you find a clean way to just cut the stock fake mesh and make a real mesh out of it. let me know, i want to do that for my injen intakes
Old 03-15-2009, 03:31 PM
C@ciQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I will NP.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Keep in mind that if you remove the fake vents, you may actually be slowing the car down if there isn't a way for the air now coming in through the openings to escape. You will essentially be creating a large air pocket on both sides. I haven't checked to see if there is a pass through for the air to escape. There's reasons why they designed it that way.

Just a thought.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:23 PM
06banshee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
naw man trust me car is running way better we ran it with my friends rsx i/h/e/ported RBC and Kpro and i just walked all over him pulling pulling and pulling.then with a Evo 10 and i got him by a car and then pull on top end.I have videos of the run with the Evo dont know mods but it wasnt stock lol
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by C@ciQ
^ I will NP.
yeah i would love to pay you do that if yours come out clean

idk about slowing down or what not but im be driving slow anyway so it dont matter hhaah but then again they do have cars that are made like that with all the vent open and no air to go out from the bottom so yeah
Old 03-28-2009, 11:47 PM
maverik259

they have mesh sets you can buy to install there!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:26 AM
C@ciQ

Originally Posted by jnguyen
yeah i would love to pay you do that if yours come out clean

idk about slowing down or what not but im be driving slow anyway so it dont matter hhaah but then again they do have cars that are made like that with all the vent open and no air to go out from the bottom so yeah
Yo. Couple people told me not to touch the vents it can affect the performance due to airflow. Dont know for sure?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
JuztaJ

anyone seen something like the center grill but smaller for the sides? that would be best in my opinion
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 AM
SEATOWNBOY

Check out my pics of my Injen install on this forum. I have pics of the rear of the vent where there is one bolt holding the vent cover in. Nevermind about affecting performance, but on the passenger's side, if you remove the vent cover, you will see the white winshield washer fluid bottle through it, so you would need a pretty tightly slotted vent to not make it stick out.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06banshee
naw man trust me car is running way better we ran it with my friends rsx i/h/e/ported RBC and Kpro and i just walked all over him pulling pulling and pulling.then with a Evo 10 and i got him by a car and then pull on top end.I have videos of the run with the Evo dont know mods but it wasnt stock lol
Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell..
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM
JuztaJ

Even though i love the idea of replacing the fake vents, wouldnt it be bad for example if you had the Injen CAI where the filters sit behind it? In a slight flooded street you can kiss your engine goodbye..
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM
SEATOWNBOY

Originally Posted by JuztaJ
Even though i love the idea of replacing the fake vents, wouldnt it be bad for example if you had the Injen CAI where the filters sit behind it? In a slight flooded street you can kiss your engine goodbye..
True, but I'll worry about that if, and when it ever happens. Until then, I'll enjoy them as they are.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can also get some brake vent tubings and rig it to catch air from the front lower grill that is open to guide it to the filters, all hidden behind the bumper.

"Fresh" air to the filters, without having to touch the faux brake vents.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 PM
JuztaJ

Originally Posted by SEATOWNBOY
True, but I'll worry about that if, and when it ever happens. Until then, I'll enjoy them as they are.

I wasnt saying you specifically i was saying for anyone with the Injen intake it would be pretty pointless for a open hole in the bumper with a air intake right behind it.. (stillen, fujita, ect.) id understand but injen sits right there..
Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Gazan37
Banned

Anybody thought about buying an extra of the middle grill from infiniti and just cutting it to fit the sides?......seems like it wouldnt b too hard

Quick Reply: Removing Fake airvents without removing Bumper?