Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Bird droppings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
ooranzoo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bird droppings?

Just purchased my Porter Cable Orbital 7424XP and prepping for this weekend. Along my passenger door panel I see this....

Could this be bird droppings that got into my paint? I bought this car a few months ago and now its been bothering me. When I run my fingers accross the door panel it is pretty smooth. Will this require wet sanding (2000grit)? Or will buffing it with Meguiar's m205 and m105 using cyan pad and crimson pad take this out?

Anyone in this forum have any suggestions on how to get this out? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
mturo

similar to the issue i had, i took my car to a professional detailer who tried to wet sand it. it ended up being to deep so some of my car still has the paint issues but i got some resprayed. good luck, hope you are able to figure something out.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 AM
TOGWT

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Bird Excrement Removal

To remove bird excrement without causing scratches; apply very little surface pressure, dusting with long strokes in one direction only, use a product that contains a surfactant; this will lessen surface scratching as they ‘lift’ dust etc into the media used avoiding surface friction (use a solution of Optimum no-rinse (ONR) diluted 1:20 / distilled water in a fine mist spray bottle)

Use a long nap micro fibre towel to ensure the dust lifted from the paint surface will remain in the nap and not on the towel surface thereby causing surface marring. Shake the towel occasionally to ensure any particles picked up will drop out rather than come to the surface while you’re using it
Do not scrub hardened/dried excrement residue as it is very abrasive and will scratch the paint surface, once they are softened (re-liquefied) it enables their removal with less likelihood of damage to the paint surface Do not use on a hot paint surface (soon after driving) as this will cause streaking?

Use the least abrasive product first-

1. Use a paint surface cleaner (Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner)
2. Try to dissolve the alkaline-based, surface/etched mineral water deposits try one or more of the following;
a) Use a 2:1 or stronger solution of distilled water/distilled white vinegar (Acetic acid)
b) Try a 2:1 solution of distilled water/Isopropyl Alcohol (adjust ratio as required)
c) Or equal parts distilled water/distilled white vinegar/Isopropyl alcohol.
3. Clean the effected surface with Klasse All-In-One or Zaino Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner
4. Use detailing clay to remove any 'hard' surface granules
5. Use a machine polish (Optimum Polish, Optimum Compound) and a cutting (LC White, Orange or Yellow) foam pad (speed # 4- 5.0) to level the surface
6. For CeramiClear or other hard clear coats substitute Menzerna for machine polish; Super Intensive Polish / Nano Polish (105FF) or Final Finish Polish (106FA)
7. Use the least aggressive polish/foam pad first, if this doesn’t remove the problem step-up to a more aggressive polish / foam pad set-up
8. Wet-sand with 2000, 2500 or 3000 grit finishing paper

“Bird Excrement” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...llutants.html#

Last edited by TOGWT; 05-15-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
ooranzoo
Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will give it a try and update you guys with the results.