Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

need opinons before purchasing

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
last lemming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need opinons before purchasing

Im thinking of purchasing a wall mounted de-ionizer system for washing my car, this one:

http://www.detailedimage.com/CRSpotl...r-System-P159/

but I'd like to hear anybodies opinion who has used it. I will just be using it on my BO G37S. I don't want to have to dry the car anymore because I am trying ot induce the least amount of scratches possilbe. I figure if I don't have to dry it by hand then there's that much less scatches.

Other questions I have is how many washes before the filter needs changing and is it easy to use. Is there a bypass so you can just use line water that doesn't pass through filter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:01 PM
bfranks

I'm interested too. I have serious issues with the water at my house. I literally have to move all the cars out of the driveway when I water the yard or I get hard water spots all over them. Washing is a PITA since I have to keep the entire car watered down until I'm ready to dry it. So anyone that's used this, please chime in and let us know how it works for you.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:54 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

It's a good idea but how how much are the cartridges? The new ones i looked up on that site are 60 for the 100gal, and 120 for the 300gal. That can add up really fast...
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I highly recommend them... I'm thinking about getting one myself since I'm doing more and more detailing out of my garage. A few links to some products...

Wall Mount Deionizer System 100gal -- $299 isn't bad for the 100gal filter capacity.

Wall Mount Deionizer System 300gal -- $399 for high capacity filter system.

Rolling Water De-ionizer Systems 100gal -- $349... It rolls!!!
Rolling Water De-ionizer Systems 300gal -- $449... 300 Gal Rolling... Likely what I'll go with since I detail more than just my car.

Pick some up... This is for the ultimate detailing buff!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:20 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Does the Mr. Clean auto wash filter help any? I've been using it for years no problems in my area..
Old 12-01-2008, 08:06 AM
bfranks

^ Interesting idea, but it's getting horrible reviews. Most likely if it's working for you, then you don't really have that big of a water issue to begin with. Too bad...$15-$20 to solve it would have been nice.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
w0ady

looks neat. what id really like is a system i can fill with water inside my condo since we dont have any external hoses.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by bfranks
^ Interesting idea, but it's getting horrible reviews. Most likely if it's working for you, then you don't really have that big of a water issue to begin with. Too bad...$15-$20 to solve it would have been nice.
For the $20 it is worth it to try, and you should use it regardless just because you won't have to hand dry your vehicle. It will just be extra filtering if you end up having to install a system.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
SpecC

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Does the Mr. Clean auto wash filter help any? I've been using it for years no problems in my area..
it's a poor excuse for a water filter. what it does is filter out most of the salts and minerals out of the water, but it pales in comparison to CRSpotless. IMO, if the water in your area isn't that hard, regular drying methods will be fine. CRSpotless gives you a lot of safety though. Since it's just about as clean as water can get, it'll have a bit more degreasing power too... not that you'd be using it instead of a degreaser anyway hahaha. iirc, you can buy the replacement cartridges at costco
Old 12-02-2008, 01:01 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Of course it doesn't compare to a filtering system but it's better than nothing. Worth a shot at least, I have never had problems with it for many years.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
bfranks

It's a good idea...I'm not knocking it. I just don't think it will be enough for what I need. I actually did read several dozen reviews on a few different sites, and some love it....some hate it. If you have marginal water, then it works good. If you have bad water (like me) or well water it evidently doesn't filter enough. Like you said though, for $20 it's worth trying.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CA got some of the worst water, really hard and leaves white water marks, Mr. Clean only does so much, probably you have softer water in your area combined with Mr. Clean. When i used to use it i would get decent results but nothing like totally spot free.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM
BigDan727

Save urself $250 bucks and get a mr clean auto dry and a nice waffle weave towel
Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Dan1

The CR Spotless units are the best filter systems Ive ever used. WELL worth the money. It brought my ppm readings from 280+ to 000. Here are a few tips when washing your OWN cars with the system...

1. Dont use the DI water to clean rims, tires, and or wheel wells. IMO, it really isnt necessary to use filtered water to clean those parts.

2. Dont fill your buckets with DI water, just use regular water. As you clean each section with your sponge, give it a quick rinse with the DI water.

3. Make sure you are using the proper flow rate. Using too high of a flow rate wont allow the water to be filtered properly. It will also make the resin go bad faster.

You also mentioned inducing scratches while drying the car. If your car is protected properly, doing the flooding method will remove most of the water. Than go over it with an electric leaf blower to get the rest. You really dont even need to use a microfiber to dry the car.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 PM
bfranks

Good to hear from someone that actually uses one. One question though. Roughly how many washes do you get out of your filters (100 or 300 gallon)? I know it depends on amount used, water quality, etc, but just trying to get a general idea.

Quick Reply: need opinons before purchasing