Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

pinnacle souveran

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM
jay.diem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinnacle souveran

Anybody tried this one yet? It appears to the cream of the crop of waxes for darker colored cars.

If you have, please let us know the color of the car, your prep process, durability, and finally the amount of difficulty of application (ease of wax on wax off).

I gave Natty's blue a shot but it is so much harder to work with then my PS21S, that I decided to get rid of it. Looking for something that has the easibility of use of PS21S but the durability of Natty's blue.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Don@Migliore
Former Sponsor

Jay,

Check out this review of Migliore by Shane here who is a professional detailer:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/car-care-and-detailing/184673-migliore-fine-wax-review.html

You can view our products at www.migliorewax.com.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 PM
koelzmod

Originally Posted by jay.diem
Anybody tried this one yet? It appears to the cream of the crop of waxes for darker colored cars.

If you have, please let us know the color of the car, your prep process, durability, and finally the amount of difficulty of application (ease of wax on wax off).

I gave Natty's blue a shot but it is so much harder to work with then my PS21S, that I decided to get rid of it. Looking for something that has the easibility of use of PS21S but the durability of Natty's blue.

Thanks.
I just purchaced Pinnacle Souveran for my black G37. I haven't used it yet but I bought it because my neighbor used it on his black truck and it looked awesome. He said it goes on real easy and wipes off easy as well. I can also tell you that www.autogeek.net has the best price around. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Pinnacle Sovereign is a great wax and has received excellent reviews. You definitely won't be dissappointed. However, I do think there are other waxes on the market that cost less, last just as long, and give similar results. I have 2 products that I will be trying soon on either my car or customers cars:

1) Migliores... I received my product a few days ago from Don. I've seen cars done with it and I've been impressed, so I need to try for myself. Since I haven't had a chance to use it, all I can comment on is the product and it looks in the bottle. From what I can tell, it appears to be a very high quality wax. It is obvious that the was is packed with oils. I suspect the shine with Migliores will be equivalent to a Pinnacle product.

2) Blackfire Midnight Sun: Some other members have had great success with this product and I'm hearing great reviews from outside the forum as well. From what I hear it is easy to apply and shine is stunning.

Like I said, I think PS is good, but you may be better off with a product that is slightly less expensive such as Migliore's or Blackfire and be just as happy.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Romeo Xray

I previously had Menzerna FMJ with Pinnacle Souveran. The PS does look great on a black vehicle, it made it darker with a wet look. It's one of the easy waxes to apply/remove.

Then I tried Meguires NXT version 2, in my opinion it looks way better and just as easy to apply/remove. The shine and depth is much better than the FMJ/PS combo. Another thing I noticed with NXT is that my car takes longer to get dirty, it doesn't attract road dirt as fast, I want to say NXT is so slick that dirt slides off; I know that bird crap and bugs wipes off much easier. NXT 2.0 is a solid product in my quiver of waxes and sealants, but you can't go wrong with PS either.

Last edited by Romeo Xray; 09-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ From a pure professional standpoint, there is a significant different between any Meguiars product and a product such as Menzerna or Pinnacle. I'm glad to see that you had good results, but with Meguiars you may need to redo that job in a few weeks.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 PM
koelzmod

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Pinnacle Sovereign is a great wax and has received excellent reviews. You definitely won't be dissappointed. However, I do think there are other waxes on the market that cost less, last just as long, and give similar results. I have 2 products that I will be trying soon on either my car or customers cars:

1) Migliores... I received my product a few days ago from Don. I've seen cars done with it and I've been impressed, so I need to try for myself. Since I haven't had a chance to use it, all I can comment on is the product and it looks in the bottle. From what I can tell, it appears to be a very high quality wax. It is obvious that the was is packed with oils. I suspect the shine with Migliores will be equivalent to a Pinnacle product.

2) Blackfire Midnight Sun: Some other members have had great success with this product and I'm hearing great reviews from outside the forum as well. From what I hear it is easy to apply and shine is stunning.

Like I said, I think PS is good, but you may be better off with a product that is slightly less expensive such as Migliore's or Blackfire and be just as happy.
I have to agree with blackjack on price. Alot of waxes do a superior job and cost less. You can't think that expensive is better. Matter of fact; I was told by a guy at a body shop that he uses boat wax on his car because it has higher amounts of silicone and lasts longer. Who knows
Old 09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
jay.diem

Originally Posted by koelzmod
I just purchaced Pinnacle Souveran for my black G37. I haven't used it yet but I bought it because my neighbor used it on his black truck and it looked awesome. He said it goes on real easy and wipes off easy as well. I can also tell you that www.autogeek.net has the best price around. Hope this helps.
can you take a few snaps of the before and after of this wax? interesting to see your results
Old 09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
SpecC

i like pinnacle souveran a lot!

its liquid is the best liquid one out there, but i mean, how many liquid waxes are there? it lasts 2-3 weeks at best, but it does give a good shine