Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Good Quick Detail Sprays?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Quick Detail Sprays?

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a good quick detail for my car? Something that I can use when the car is dry and after a road trip to make the car look great. I heard Zaino has a good product but I am not sure which product. I think I read that the Z-6 is good but the website says to dilute the solution which wouldn't be something good to use if I am on the road.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:27 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Zainos Grand Finale Spray...Z8... it amazed me 2 weeks ago when I used it for the first time...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FK425! You won't be sorry...best stuff ever.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
GEE35FX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z6 works great.
Here is the description, and you don't dilute it, unless you are using it for a lubricant with a clay bar.

Z-6 ULTRA CLEAN "GLOSS ENHANCER" SPRAY

Z-6 "Gloss Enhancer" spray is a very important addition to the Show Car Polish line-up. This product dramatically boosts and intensifies all Show Car Polishes. Z-6 contains seven optical clarifiers and our unique wet gloss enhancers to increase the "wet-looking", mile-deep Show Car Polish shine. We highly recommend it for fast cleaning of dust, water spots and light soil from painted surfaces, without scratching. Forms a tough molecular bond with Show Car Polish to increase the depth of gloss, optical clarity, slickness, durability and reinforce the UV(40) protection. Super anti-static formula reduces dust and dirt pickup by up to 60%. Z-6 will not streak, smear, haze, dull or leave a film. A must for quick touch-ups and the show winning edge. Concentrated 16 oz. spray. Less than one ounce does an average car.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Ya GEE35X, I saw that portion but I was worried about this:

Please note: Using the product in its original concentration will provide the best results. However, some people may find it difficult to evenly spray Z-6™ in its extremely high concentration. To make Z-6™ Ultra Clean more user-friendly, you may dilute the product with distilled water up to a ratio of 1 to 1 to help you get better results. Test by diluting with small proportions until you find what works best for you. Again, for optimal results, it is best not to dilute Z-6™ Ultra Clean.

What is the difference between Z-6 and Z-8? I will need to look for this FK425 and see what that is.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I will need to look for this FK425 and see what that is.
www.fk1usa.com

You won't find it in stores. Check out www.autopia.org for reviews and what not.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
GEE35FX

Ya GEE35X, I saw that portion but I was worried about this:

Please note: Using the product in its original concentration will provide the best results. However, some people may find it difficult to evenly spray Z-6™ in its extremely high concentration. To make Z-6™ Ultra Clean more user-friendly, you may dilute the product with distilled water up to a ratio of 1 to 1 to help you get better results. Test by diluting with small proportions until you find what works best for you. Again, for optimal results, it is best not to dilute Z-6™ Ultra Clean.

What is the difference between Z-6 and Z-8? I will need to look for this FK425 and see what that is.
I have never heard of anyone diluteing their spray, it works great as is with no problems.
As to the difference I have heard between Z6 and Z8 is the price and also the difference would really only be beneficial if you are showing your car.

I have used Z6 on my last 2 G35s. I use it just for quick detailing, after every wash and after every application of Z2. I love it. I even use it on the outside of my windows (works as good as RainX)
Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

So this stuff will work good if I need to get bugs and stuff off my car after driving cross country? I want it to look show quality if possible without having to wash it if possible.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 PM
GEE35FX

So this stuff will work good if I need to get bugs and stuff off my car after driving cross country? I want it to look show quality if possible without having to wash it if possible.
The QD is used mainly for removing light layer of dust or enhancing the shine. A lot of people keep it handy (myself included) in the trunk along with a MF towel. It is handy for removing bird poop etc. Just spray let it soak for a minute, rub gently and re apply if required.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
vinnys coupe

i gatta step my wax game up, i need clay bar, detail spray n tire shine.. but weather still sucks so im good..

humm zaino or megiuars..
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 AM
GEE35FX

There are rinseless car wash products on the market that really might work well for you, you should also check some of them out.

A lot of my friends have been using them and really like it. Here is one product I know they are using and I am going to get some for myself.
http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-01-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Poorboys S&W is an excellent QD, especially if you are are looking to remove some light dirt and dust in between washes. I wouldn't leave home without a bottle of S&W in my trunk. It's a versitile QD that will remove light dirt, dust, bird bombs, bugs, can be used as a lubricant when claying, and even cleans windows. It won't scratch your paint either. Highly recommended product. I personally wouldn't use Zaino Z6 on anything except a clean pain surface.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 AM
GEE35FX

Thanks Shane thats the other one I was trying to think of, it looked like it did a great job when we were on the road last year.
I have not bought any yet, but I plan to. I usually will wash the car instead of using something like that, but if regular washing is not possible then it's the answer.
I'm going to order some of that Poorboys from my closest supplier before our summer cruise.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Garnet is right... I also have a hard time putting or wiping anything on a dirty car... I just wouldnt risk scratching something with a piece of grim that gets caught in the towel...
bboy... if you need to try a bottle of Meguirs quick detail...PM me i can hook ya up...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Deviant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FK is good, but it does add up!

Meguiars #34 is pretty good, and you can buy in bulk. So is Clearkotes Quick Shine.

To get the most out of Z8 you need to have at least some form of Zaino on top, preferably Z5. Then the results are really outstanding

Quick Reply: Good Quick Detail Sprays?