Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Diamond Gloss

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
tomcat146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Gloss

I've had my Blk on Blk G37S for 2 weeks now. Just bought the Zaino CS and was gona have a shop do it for me since i am really bad at doing these type of stuff especially on a black car. Then i got a quote from a local shop here in NJ. The have this product called diamond gloss. It costs $399 to do it and it will last between 2-4 years. They said this stuff is much thicker and harder than Zaino and similar products and is almost like another clear coat which "if TRUE", would be excellent.

George or someone ...do you think i should do this instead of Zaino CS which will be $120 for the shop to do it. $399 (Diamond gloss 2-4yrs) vs. $120 (Zaino CS or similar ..6 month). I mean, it is clear if the Dia. gloss works, it would be the way to go !.....?? No?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tomcat,

IMO, you should get teh zaino and do it every 4-6 months. Reason behind my theory is b/c you are gong to have the car washed by people who don't care about it inbetween waxes. also, contaminants will fall on it over time making some parts weaker than others. So a wax may, MAY, last 2 years on the paint but I think you will get swrirls etc. I think its just a way to get you to spend 3 times the money for soemthing you will end up doing in 6 months anyways.

goo luck
Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by tomcat146
I've had my Blk on Blk G37S for 2 weeks now. Just bought the Zaino CS and was gona have a shop do it for me since i am really bad at doing these type of stuff especially on a black car. Then i got a quote from a local shop here in NJ. The have this product called diamond gloss. It costs $399 to do it and it will last between 2-4 years. They said this stuff is much thicker and harder than Zaino and similar products and is almost like another clear coat which "if TRUE", would be excellent.

George or someone ...do you think i should do this instead of Zaino CS which will be $120 for the shop to do it. $399 (Diamond gloss 2-4yrs) vs. $120 (Zaino CS or similar ..6 month). I mean, it is clear if the Dia. gloss works, it would be the way to go !.....?? No?
Anyone that tells you that a product will last for 2 - 4 years is trying to get in your pockets. It's all a numbers game to them (similar to dealership protection plans they offer from $800 ~ $2000). They charge an outrageous amount for an inferior product with some ridiculous claims and "warranty" it against rust, etc. Most new vehicles even if never cared for once from day 1, will not rust in 2 - 4 years.

As solopresident mentioned, you would be much better off with the Zaino product over the Diamond Gloss. If you are in the NJ area, look up Phil at Detailers Domain, phone number 201-233-0003 and tell him George from Detailed Image sent you. He is very knowledgeable and will do a more professional job than the shop trying to sell you BS.

If you have any other questions on anything let me know and keep us posted on how things turn out.

George