Canada Serving Canada.

Erickson Infiniti FTW

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ I agree with that, not everyone can buy big cars. some need to stay on a budget.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
frcefed

I don't agree cause anyone can buy a 1980 grand prix for like 300$ and that's a huge car.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Blario

I was basically told by the sales team that service treats the Infiniti owners better than the Nissan owners. Perhaps Nissan service will improve with the split to the new store.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
frcefed

Maybe not improve but at least there won't be a comparison anymore. That must suck having to saw one thinig to someone and while buddy with a nissan with the same situation tell him something different.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:29 AM
AltaLad

It sort of double burns a bit considering this was the second vehicle I purchased from Erickson. I received much better service when I owned the 2003 G35 coupe than what I receive as a Nissan 2007 350Z Roadster GT owner.

The bottom line is that Erickson will not get any more of my business, considering the way I was treated/overcharged/burned and generally hung out to dry on their mechanics/service managers incompetence. I wound up doing the warrenty repair work myself, as I provided faster customer service and I did the repair the right way the first time. Plus the price was reasonable

The only satisfaction I received was filling out the customer feedback survey they made the mistake of sending to me and the fact they won't get another penny from my pocket.

There are SO many other Nissan dealers in town who would like me as a customer, so I'm sure Erickson won't miss me.

Originally Posted by frcefed
I agree to a certain point. Customer service shouldn't be decided on how much you pay for something, sort of like discriminating against someone cause they couldn't buy the G instead of the sentra.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

Hey man, I'm not disagreeing with you that it's unfair, but that's the world we live in. And it's not something new. This idea that rich people get better service has been around forever. And this isn't Wal-Mart where everybody gets the same smile... Take a close look at a Nissan/Infiniti dealership. Why is the Infiniti side so swanky with leather chairs and plasma tv's and ceramic tiles whereas the Nissan side has cloth chairs, cheap lighting and sales guys that wear jeans...because!

But for your individual case (ie. Infiniti customers better treated than Nissan customers) it goes back to why Infiniti exisits in the first place. Infiniti has only one purpose - sell premium vehicles in the US that don't fit within the Nissan "average Joe" image. We all know average Joe's get treated the same way... Infiniti and the other luxury brands sought to change that in America and gave their audience (ie rich people or people that can afford their cars) what they wanted... and that is better service, better image, better branding...

Last edited by Loki123; 10-31-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
AltaLad

The only answer I have to that is Erickson should just sell Infiniti's then; not both Infiniti and Nissan. Be the upscale Infiniti dealer or joe smuck Nissan dealer ....... you shouldn't try and be both as there are bound to be "level of service" casualties and I know I feel like one.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

AltaLad,

Agreed 100% - they shouldn't and I can't see why Nissan Corp. sees this fitting with their business model. It doesn't make sense to have Nissan and Infiniti in one dealership since in essence, Infiniti's purpose is to separate itself from Nissan. It's sort of like putting Zellers/The Bay in one store. Or Banana Republic and Old Navy in one store together. Sure both are the same company but each has a totally unique target audience.

From what I understand in Europe next year, when the Infiniti dealerships arrive they are to be stand-alone's - completely separate.

But to make matters even more complicated for the brand - were should they sell the GT-R? At an Infiniti dealership or Nissan dealerhip? For their business model it makes more sense to sell GT-R's at Infiniti dealerships. Who goes out shopping to the Nissan dealership and says, "hmmm Sentra, Altima or GT-R?" And what rich car enthusiast wants to buy a GT-R sitting along side Sentra buyers in a waiting room that isn't conducive to luxury?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Blario

Ericksen is splitting Infiniti off.....building on the west end, hopefully to be open in the spring (fat chance).....then the Nissan location gets some reno's.