Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Considering buying this g37x. First time buyer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 11:47 AM
Musashi_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering buying this g37x. First time buyer.

So I've been trying to find my 1st g37 to buy for a while. I went to look at a 2012 G37x coupe awd automatic with Premium & HiTech package. It has 44,000 km's and is certified pre-owned through Infiniti here in Canada. The car was leased by 1 person from 2013 to 2017, but has been sitting in their dealership for 5 months now. The problem I have with this car is I went to check it out in person, and I got the dealership to print me a carproof report which showed it got in a collision on the front right corner, costing $3800 to repair. There apparently wasn't any structural damage, or engine damage. I looked at the car from different angles and everything was symmetrical in that area. I test drove it and did some fast cornering, high speed driving, normal speed driving etc. The car seemed fine but I smelt a slight burning smell after bringing it to 120 km/h. I drove the car over a rough road and the steering wheel seemed to kind of move around in my hand more than my current car would have. Everything else seemed fine, all the tech inside worked, windows, a/c, stereo, back up camera, etc. The car looks super clean other than 1 or 2 tiny scratches on the paint. I left and the guy called me again, I told him I wanted to bring a mechanic in to check out the potential damage from the accident, he was saying that usually you put a down payment down then you can get a refund if you don't like what the mechanic finds if anything. The dealership is asking for $28,000 but there's no way I'm paying 28k for it. I'm just wondering what kind of offer I should put in, my buddy who owns an Infiniti thinks I should offer 17500, but it sounds pretty low. I checked canadian black book and it said 2012 37's usually go for 23k. So I thought I'd come on here and ask some of you with more experience with Infiniti's what your opinion is on the car and what I should put in for an offer if I go through with it. Thanks for helping me out
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
$17500 is way too low, they won't even counter that and won't think you're serious about buying. That's a terrible offer. $28000 is also too high for that car, I'd say you're probably looking in the 22-24k range. The tires don't look like they have a ton of tread left in the picture available. Check how long the CPO warranty actually goes until, you have a ton of KM left but not likely a lot of time. $3800 for a claim is nothing on the front of these cars, ~$1100 for front bumper, ~$1000 for headlight, throw in a fender and miscellaneous stuff and it adds up fast.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:06 AM
Musashi_

Ended up going in and offering 22k, went up to 24k and they wouldn't even counter-offer against 24k. Walked in with 30k cash, kelly blue book values, canadian black book values, average buying prices for the same year and similiar km's off the internet. I found a couple small issues with the car, plus the facts that its been on their lot for 6 months now and has had an accident worth 3.8k. I guess none of it mattered they wouldn't even budge off the 28k asking price so I walked. The dealership manager was super disrespectful to me and wouldn't counter even after he told me they're way behind on used car sales for this month and I came in at "the perfect time." When I walked I told them I put an offer in and they had my phone number. The manager looked genuinely shocked I guess it was obvious I liked the car and he thought he was going to strong arm me into 28k.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:54 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Good on you for walking away, if they've been sitting on it for 6 months and won't budge on price I'm not sure what they'd expect. It's a common enough car that if you're willing to wait good examples will always pop up.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Musashi_

Ended up getting a 2013 G37xs with 30k km
Old 09-08-2017, 10:04 AM
JWade

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just as a reference, I just paid $24,500 for a 13 with premium and nav with only 20k miles. They originally had it listed for 29k and just like the one you were looking at it sat for 5 months. This is was a one owner, no accidents. Im jealous you found a XS, there were almost no other other coupes around me with the low miles and year and not even one XS for sale around me.