Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Is am 08 g37 with 40k miles out of warranty with infiniti?

Old 07-28-2017, 12:11 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is am 08 g37 with 40k miles out of warranty with infiniti?

So i would be buying it from carmax, kbb only lists it $200 overpriced so no big deal especially since i can never find it.
from what i understand factory warranties go in effect the year it was made and not by whenever the current owner buys it correct? So the 4 year or 60k mile warranty isnt in effect anymore? Asking because im thinking of getting maxcare but am unsure
Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Correct, it's well past its warranty.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:53 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by R2-D2
So i would be buying it from carmax, kbb only lists it $200 overpriced so no big deal especially since i can never find it.
from what i understand factory warranties go in effect the year it was made and not by whenever the current owner buys it correct? So the 4 year or 60k mile warranty isnt in effect anymore? Asking because im thinking of getting maxcare but am unsure
Most 3rd party warranties are scams.
Shell out the money to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected by a Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number for a history of vehicle service.
Any deficiencies found can be used to negotiate the purchase price.

Telcoman
Old 07-28-2017, 07:57 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by telcoman
Most 3rd party warranties are scams.
Shell out the money to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected by a Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number for a history of vehicle service.
Any deficiencies found can be used to negotiate the purchase price.

Telcoman
carmax is legit and people have gotten really expensive fixes covered with maxcare. Also carmax is no haggle. I was just wondering if the infiniti warranty was still valid or not
Old 07-28-2017, 11:15 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Carmax warranty is completely legit. It's one of the very best used car warranties in existence, and you'll likely have better luck getting issues covered through them than you will with Infiniti factory warranty. There are actually some car savvy guys who intentionally buy expensive higher end cars from Carmax knowing they have major system issues. Once purchased they get that defective component or part (engine, transmission, etc.) repaired under their extensive warranty and the car is like new. Jags and Land Rovers in particular.

The manufacturer warranty covers mikes or years, whichever occurs first. So an 08 has been past warranty since probably 2012.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:17 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Carmax warranty is completely legit. It's one of the very best used car warranties in existence, and you'll likely have better luck getting issues covered through them than you will with Infiniti factory warranty. There are actually some car savvy guys who intentionally buy expensive higher end cars from Carmax knowing they have major system issues. Once purchased they get that defective component or part (engine, transmission, etc.) repaired under their extensive warranty and the car is like new. Jags and Land Rovers in particular.

The manufacturer warranty covers mikes or years, whichever occurs first. So an 08 has been past warranty since probably 2012.
exactly why i wanted to go with carmax. Any experiemce with them? I have some questions about buying from them if you care to help me out
Old 07-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by R2-D2
exactly why i wanted to go with carmax. Any experiemce with them? I have some questions about buying from them if you care to help me out
I have not purchased from them personally but have acquaintances who have. A coworker's wife is a manager there. I am not a subject matter expert on their purchasing experience but will answer any question that I can.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
I've purchased a couple vehicles from Carmax. Had good experiences with both the sales team as well their mechanics. The actual customer facing service people have not impressed me, but that could easily just be specific to my local carmax.

I agree with above comments on their warranty. The only "rip-off" carmax pulls IMHO is their financing. I would recommend securing your own. Their rates were very high both times I shopped with them.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

I have not purchased from them personally but have acquaintances who have. A coworker's wife is a manager there. I am not a subject matter expert on their purchasing experience but will answer any question that I can.
then this might be a too specfici question but ill try. Do you by anychance know what kind of added fees carmax adds? About how much would that add onto the sticker price? 2k?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:37 AM
R2-D2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Crazyirish
I've purchased a couple vehicles from Carmax. Had good experiences with both the sales team as well their mechanics. The actual customer facing service people have not impressed me, but that could easily just be specific to my local carmax.

I agree with above comments on their warranty. The only "rip-off" carmax pulls IMHO is their financing. I would recommend securing your own. Their rates were very high both times I shopped with them.
how much did maxcare cost for you? Assuming you bought it. And how many miles and what year car, simce i believe that plays a factor in the price
Old 07-29-2017, 03:21 AM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
I didn't get maxcare. Not because it isn't good, but because I'm a mechanic. I can hedge my bets on it being cheaper for me to do my own labor. I only have to worry about the cost of parts. And I have a fair number of connections on that front as well. For someone that doesn't have those resources, its not a bad deal.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Fully agree with that assessment. I think carmax has gotten smarter about this though so they've both shortened the warranty and increased the price.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Fully agree with that assessment. I think carmax has gotten smarter about this though so they've both shortened the warranty from 6 to 5 years and increased the price.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
waaaaaaaaaay past it lol

4 yr/60,000 mi basic, 6 yr/70,000 mi powertrain

Search this Thread