Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Used GTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 09:10 AM
anestheticG

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Used GTR

There is a used GTR for sale. See ad here

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/664036450/overview/

I emailed the seller and will copy paste the correspondence. Is this how a transaction like they suggest would work or is this a scam?

This makes sense but I would only want to go through this process at a Nissan dealership local to me in Connecticut. I have excellent credit so I could secure
the credit for the purchase from a personal loan. I can't go to a dealer in Georgia or come to Canada. At the same time this whole thing just seems like a logistical nightmare

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2016, at 10:21 PM, Diane Oneal wrote:

Hello again

I am sorry for the confusion with the location of the car, I paid an advertiser to list it nation wide and on more than one website, as I want to sell it back to US, anywhere in the States. I am Canadian citizen, I was not aware that I am not allowed to drive this vehicle here, unless if I import it and pay customs, so I am forced to sell it as I am not willing to spend a large amount at this time. Trying to sell it lower than the market because I am stuck with it in Canada.
A vehicle loan, or finance will not work since the vehicle is already in Canada, but if you can take a personal loan and have the funds into your account there should be no problem in working the deal.
I live in Prince George, BC and this is where the vehicle is. I have no problem with you coming here for pick up as long as you manage to arrive sometime in the next 3-5 days. Time is important. If you can not make it to Canada in a timely manner, I am willing to arrange the shipping to your location. If you want it sent to you, with the possibility of test drive and inspection before I am paid, provide me with your zip code or complete shipping address and I will get a quote and see how much it will be to send it over.

If pick up is not possible, I want to use a dealership from United States, I am thinking at the one who shipped the vehicle to me in Canada. They are professional and reliable. They can take care of documents, shipping and escrow the funds into one of their bank accounts. They are from Georgia and they will deliver the vehicle to your requested address, it depends where you want it shipped.

I’m going to explain how the process usually works for a person who is not able to come and pick it up. Using a dealership( the one who shipped the vehicle to me in Canada) as mediator you will have to secure the funds in a verified non interest escrow bank account, managed by them, until the inspection period ends. After I have the confirmation of funds secured from you and the dealer, the vehicle will be shipped to you. It will come with all the docs, including the title, service book, purchase invoice, keys, etc. The inspection period will start on the arrival date, you will have 5 days to take the vehicle to a garage, test drive it, check out the papers. You will get with it an used vehicle affidavit, a paper you will need to fill in with your decision when the inspection period ends and fax it over to the mediator. Based on the affidavit they will pay me, or refund you. If you find hidden defects, a salvage title, etc, anything else different from what I described you just need to fill in the affidavit and fax it over to the dealership. If you reject the vehicle, they will fully refund you.

Thanks, Diane

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Jordan Ross wrote:
Where in Canada? So the car is not located in NYC as listed on the ad?
The seller on the ad is also listed as julia... who is julia if I'm
getting emails from diane?

One can attain an auto loan for a private sale and present a check for
the full amount...that is the same thing as paying cash... one can not
cross the border with a bundle of $46k legally...

looking forward to hearing about where the car is and what the name of
the actual seller is. Your ad seems very sketchy esp since you don't
provide a VIN
Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 7:41 PM, Diane Oneal wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to let you know that the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition is still for sale. I recently divorced and relocated to Canada. The vehicle is here, too. Still titled in the United States so there will be no customs or additional fees to pay. Clear title, under my name. No accidents, non-smoker, garage kept, no issues.
>
> My selling price is $46,100. I don't want to offend you, but the vehicle is priced for a cash deal so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing keep in mind this will not work.
>
> Because of the amount involved and the distance, I want to use a dealership for closing this deal. If you are not aware of how they work you should know that they will allow you to test drive and inspect the vehicle before I am paid. You will have 3 to 5 days for inspection, to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they actually pay me.
>
> Looking to hear back from you,
>
> Diane.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
It sounds sketchy, but also not at the same time... If it is legit, you got the deal of a life time.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:44 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
this is not legit. and in fact you are speaking with 2 different people. The grammar and writing style is completely different from the first email to the second one. I've shipped / received things all over the world when I owned an Ecommerce business and this is a scam. if it's titled in the USA there is ZERO issues getting it back across the border aside from how long it takes you to drive through. If I had it, I'd bet the "asking" price of this vehicle you will never see it in person.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:49 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Also, the first email says it's titled in USA so no customs required. The last email says "she" can't import it unless she pays customs......

and how many women you know that own a free and clear 2012 GT-R? Maybe in the divorce settlement but still, I guarantee you'll be screwed by this. The person could get more than $46K selling it locally up there........
Old 04-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
This has to be sketchy. The dealer trade in is at least $10k over her asking price, and retail even more. Why wouldn't this said dealer give her the $46k and flip it if everything was kosher?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Penguin Toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It definitely seems like it would be a scam. The time constraints for the sale draws some red flags. Plus, the whole "divorce and had to move" scenario has been used a lot when dealing with false advertisements. In this case their loss will not be your gain as it seems they are only out to fool people.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM
anestheticG

I figured... When a deal is too good to be true... Looks like I'll be checking out the 72k at the dealership and the 53k RS5 at the other one 😁
Old 04-08-2016, 11:17 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Beware of the scam!
Old 04-08-2016, 11:32 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
step away from the gtr

“If it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true,”

Last edited by TVPostSound; 04-08-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:36 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Sounds like the "seller" will have you pay $1k+ to ship the car and keep the funds. Ask for more pictures, VIN, service history, etc...and if everything checks out go there in person.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:47 AM
LateApex

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah, this thing says scam all over it. Priced in cash so a loan/financing won't work? What should that matter since the seller would get the check from the bank issuing the loan unless... They know that when you try to get a loan for the car, something won't add up and the bank won't go for it.

I had a buddy who contacted an autotrader sell about a Viper GTS a few years ago. It was several hundred miles away per the ad but he was willing to drive to pick up the car and trailer it back home. Ironically, the seller had a similar story that they had recently taken a job overseas, got deployed, something like that and the car was in storage. They said it was in storage in Youngstown, OH, actually only about 50 miles away so my buddy said, "Great. Even better. When can I come look at it since that's local?" Never heard back from the seller...
Old 04-08-2016, 12:12 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
thanks for the link just scooped me up a GT-R from Canada
Old 04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Red flags all over, just look at the color of the car
Old 04-08-2016, 12:32 PM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
This type of scam is on craigs all the time.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:38 PM
anestheticG

I figured it was. Sometimes you just need affirmation. Who sells a 2012 GTR for 46k... You gotta pay to play. Dealer is selling one local to me for around 74k...

Quick Reply: Used GTR