Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Need help on turning lease car in

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM
weaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help on turning lease car in

I am about a year away from turning in my lease, but wanted to know from those of you that have done this, what issues would cause the dealer to hold funds from me to fix issues on the car. I know of three issues that would probably fit in this case.

1. Rear wheel has minor curb rash
2. Top has two dings from my stupid *** putting the top down when I had a bag in my trunk.
3. passenger side door doesn't line up with fender. I have done this a million times, but the last time I changed my oil the passenger side wheel went over the rhino ramp and the fender was sitting on top of it. I tried to get it off as quickly as I could, but it is still off.

I know of a place that can fix the dings and wheel, but have no idea who to go to on the door to get it realigned. I am guessing a body and fender shop.

Anything else that may cause an issue with the dealer?

TIA

Weaver
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
You should have documents that state the lease return process, if not Infiniti Financial Services should have all the info for you (either on a web link or actual documents).
Tire wear is an issue, I don't have the documents on hand, but the tread depth has to be a certain depth and if you replaced the OEM tires they have to be original size and speed rating. Any dents or dings larger than X (in their documents) will be charged and any excessive wear & tear which can range from excessive paint chips, carpet wear, leather tearing, gouges in the interior trim, etc. will be docked.
Anything altered or modified would need to be returned back to pre-modified/altered condition, except window tinting I believe.

As far as the door, the hinge or hinge support may be bent, a body shop would probably be able to get it back without too much trouble.

Good Luck, hopefully you won't have to leave a lot of coin at turn back. You could always buy out the lease if it's a crazy amount they want to charge you(and you like the G enough to keep it)
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
There's a guideline online somewhere. I wouldn't worry about the minor rash on the wheels, it's a lease they expect minor damage. I think no dents/scratches longer than 2-3" I forget. I doubt they'll notice the door not aligned.
Big thing they look for are large dents, long/deep scratches, bald tires, and trashed interior. They expect normal wear and tear. They know your car will not remain in showroom condition.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
weaver

Thanks guys. I am a nut when it comes to my car. Drove from New Orleans to Houston just to get my car detailed. I am doing this again this year, just not sure where and gonna get it detailed again next year. This is my first lease, so paranoid about the condition of the vehicle. Also, I take very good care of my vehicles. Interior is spotless, just worried about the exterior on the few issues I mentioned. I may take it to a body and fender shop just to get an estimate on how much it would cost to fix the issues. I found another wheel for $555, but am sure I can get that fixed for cheaper.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by weaver
I am about a year away from turning in my lease, but wanted to know from those of you that have done this, what issues would cause the dealer to hold funds from me to fix issues on the car. I know of three issues that would probably fit in this case.

1. Rear wheel has minor curb rash
2. Top has two dings from my stupid *** putting the top down when I had a bag in my trunk.
3. passenger side door doesn't line up with fender. I have done this a million times, but the last time I changed my oil the passenger side wheel went over the rhino ramp and the fender was sitting on top of it. I tried to get it off as quickly as I could, but it is still off.

I know of a place that can fix the dings and wheel, but have no idea who to go to on the door to get it realigned. I am guessing a body and fender shop.

Anything else that may cause an issue with the dealer?

TIA

Weaver

Here you go:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/content/d...Use_Guide.pdf#
Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
weaver

thanks for the link. I will check it out.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
weaver

Hey guys, I need some help. I am thinking of getting a lease on a G37 Sedan and want to know how I can do that by trading in my vert. I owe 14 more payments for a balance of $8300. I don't want to end upside down on this, but I really love the 2013 sedan and want to do a lease. I am worried if I wait till my current lease is up, I won't be able to do a lease and then my only choice will be to buy used, which is not my preference. I am new to leasing, so didn't know how this would work when trying to do a trade in. The car has low miles and is nearly perfect. Has a few issues I am getting estimates on to fix as mentioned above, but outside of that is in great shape.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I am looking at a 2013 G37 Sedan-Moonlight White and Graphite Leather/Shodo Aluminum, auto transmission, Premium, Sport and Navi packages. MSRP is $44855, but I am sure I can get that below $40K for sure.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Hey guys, I need some help. I am thinking of getting a lease on a G37 Sedan and want to know how I can do that by trading in my vert. I owe 14 more payments for a balance of $8300. I don't want to end upside down on this, but I really love the 2013 sedan and want to do a lease. I am worried if I wait till my current lease is up, I won't be able to do a lease and then my only choice will be to buy used, which is not my preference. I am new to leasing, so didn't know how this would work when trying to do a trade in. The car has low miles and is nearly perfect. Has a few issues I am getting estimates on to fix as mentioned above, but outside of that is in great shape.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I am looking at a 2013 G37 Sedan-Moonlight White and Graphite Leather/Shodo Aluminum, auto transmission, Premium, Sport and Navi packages. MSRP is $44855, but I am sure I can get that below $40K for sure.
You might even owe more when you find out what they will give you on a trade.
Either way, most dealers will roll your "upside down" balance into the lease.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
weaver

I looked at the trade in value at edmunds.com and i know my residual, so I would be on the positive side. I just didn't know how the trade in worked on a current lease and getting into a new lease.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at the trade in value at edmunds.com and i know my residual, so I would be on the positive side. I just didn't know how the trade in worked on a current lease and getting into a new lease.
No different than if you owned the car. The dealer will send the payoff to Infiniti Financial (or other leasing company). You just get the tax benefit since the car is not in your name.

You stated that you know your residual. Make sure to get the actual payoff from the leasing company as this could include any charges/taxes/fees you rolled in when you leased the car.

Make sure if you have equity to have them cut you a check (would advise against putting anything down).

Did this last year on my prior lease.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
weaver

I think I am going to be screwed, cause I don't think I can sell the car for more than or even to what the payoff would be, with me getting my MSD back. I am owed $5400 on that. Payoff right now is $32859.84. Residual is $32028 and the trade in value per Edmunds is $35320. I would have to sell the car for $38259.84 and I don't think that is going to happen. I guess I don't want to wind up upside down on this just to lease a 2013 sedan.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 PM
esesnipey94
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't want to wait for the q50?? You should lease that when it comes out this summer
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM
weaver

Nope. I don't like that or the M.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
don't bother fixing it yet. wait until around one or two months before your lease ends. call Infiniti to schedule a lease end pre inspection. they will send a third party guy to your house or office to do a quick 15 minutes inspection of your car. then they will give you a quote for how much you need to pay. you have the option to pay the penalty or fix it then do a re-inspection.

my car was pretty bad condition. hit a deer 2 years ago, had to repaint the whole right side of the car and replaced the whole right headlight. 2 big scratches. one at right front bumper with paint peeling. another one at the passenger door. over a foot long and an inch wide deep scratch. one of the wheel had minor curb scratch. still on the OEM 17" good year all season tires with 30k mikes.

they quoted me $460 for the penalty. $210 for the bumper and $250 for the door. I happily paid the penalty and moved on.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM
weaver

I was quoted $200 to fix the dings. Don't know about the wheel yet. Will get an estimate on that and based on that I may fix it or not.

Quick Reply: Need help on turning lease car in