Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Odd Lease Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Garrett-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd Lease Question

Hey All;

So, this is not a question that pops up on here often (actually, at all --- I searched.)

So I have a *fantastic* monthly payment on my G25 $199/month with $2500 down. I signed in Jan. of this past year for a 24 month lease. Only problem is I'm moving to Germany for 15 months this May . . . . 8 months before my lease expires.

I thought about putting my car on Swapalease, or trying to pawn it off on one of my friends, but after looking on leasingtime.de (German equivalent to Swapalease) it appears the cheapest I'm going to get something equivalent is $320 + /month + a new anzahlung (down payment).

Then I realized I can ship a 20' container to the Fatherland for ~ $1300. Thus, making it very cost effective to ship to car to Germany. Only thing is;

Do you think IFS will allow me to ship the car to Germany? I would have to have a signed "permission" form from IFS before a Freight Handler would even allow me to put the car on the boat.

Also, after searching it appears that Infiniti doesn't really like extending leases, however does anything think it is possible to extend it for 7 - 8 months to allow me to ship the thing back?

Opinions would be great.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Itchytoe

If you do the swapalease thing just remember that the lease is still in your name and you are responsible for it. Only you and whoever you leased the car from can alter that agreement. No website can do anything like that. That's like me trying to change your mortgage.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Garrett-

Yeah, more and more research I do, I do not think I need to swap/a/lease. I think I'm going to see if Infiniti will let me extend the lease 8 months, I'm waiting for the 2013's to start showing up, etc. and see if they will let me ship it to Germany.

Only problem is I have is I must get the orange reflectors out of the headlight housing. Any ideas?

Well, after doing some more digging it appears that the reflectors can stay, and are tell-tale signs of an American car I suppose;

American G for sale in Germany

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=bzcea1vg3fsi

vs.

German G for sale in Germany

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=cuded2uhxfmd

I'm not worried about the emissions standards, nor safety. Headlights were my main concern. Seems like it'll work out as long as IFS plays well with others.

Last edited by Garrett-; 11-20-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 AM
cy7878

I don't think you can take a leased car out of the country.
My coworker came from Canada, before moving to US, she had to buy her leased car before being able to drive it over.

YMMV.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You said it yourself, you signed a contract stating that you cannot ship your car to another country.....you're SOL on that one.

putting the car on a lease trading site is kind of a risk. IFS does not allow (or are very strict with lease trading)....basically its your name thats going to stay on the lease, so if the other person stops paying.....you suffer the consequences.

if anything, lend it to a friend to barrow or something. other than that, its just going to sit there.

Infiniti is fine with extending leases. I extended my last G for 3 months. You can extended up to 6.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Garrett-

Thanks for the input y'all. If IFS won't play nice, I can import the car to Belgium that doesn't require the permission from the leasing company, and simply drive it to Germany. Extending the lease shouldn't be an issue, good to know.

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 AM
nany2208

Do you think IFS will allow me to ship the car to Germany? I would have to have a signed "permission" form from IFS before a Freight Handler would even allow me to put the car on the boat.
_______

Watch A Dangerous Method Online Free
Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
RIDEwithG

IFS needs to be informed whenever you plan to move, specially out of state or out of the country. From what I understand, you aren't allowed to ship the car out of the country since the car belongs to the bank. You would need to purchase the car in order to do so. You could try the Belgium route, but if you return to the states, don't be surprised if your credit goes to hell.