Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

First post and a price question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Skeetslarue

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First post and a price question

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have some questions. I drove this car the other day, and it really made my socks go up and down! New 2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan 4dr Journey RWD (Gray Car) San Antonio . Is this a good deal? Still on the fence about navi, but they have one priced and it is 1795 more. I'm not considering leasing because I can't get my head wrapped around "renting" a vehicle and getting rid of it in three years. I do tend to drive a car for 10 years anyway. Next Q is, why is the coupe priced higher than the sedan? Is it a supply and demand thing? I'm looking for a compromise of performance and QUIET comfort that the 370z does not provide. In your opinions will I be served well by this car? I like the idea of having the Z, but I can't get past the noise, visibility and overall lack of interior features on the Z. No moonroof is a real biggie too. I know I threw a lot out here, but my main question is the pricing/deal on the vehicle I linked to. All input is appreciated....
Old 02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Gunn infiniti? I am here in SA as well. It is an ok price. I have nav, it looks nice but i rarely use it. I think the g coupe is more expensive because it costs more to make. It also is infinitis spotlight car, performance car, ect. thats just a thought.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Skeetslarue

You're familiar with their so called no haggling one price then. I get the impression that are willing to deal and will test that theory if I pull the trigger on this car. They seemed kind of "desperate" to move some inventory, I can't explain how I got that feeling though. Kind of brisk out today isn't it?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

it sure is cold out. yeah they should work a deal with ya, they are always kind of pushy
Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
The Coupe has always been heavier and more expensive than the sedan. It's partially a result of platform sharing; it requires a bit more engineering to turn the platform into a 2+2 coupe, and properly reinforce it to be safe.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Mr Ian B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skeetslarue
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have some questions. I drove this car the other day, and it really made my socks go up and down! New 2011 Infiniti G37 Sedan 4dr Journey RWD (Gray Car) San Antonio . Is this a good deal? Still on the fence about navi, but they have one priced and it is 1795 more. I'm not considering leasing because I can't get my head wrapped around "renting" a vehicle and getting rid of it in three years. I do tend to drive a car for 10 years anyway. Next Q is, why is the coupe priced higher than the sedan? Is it a supply and demand thing? I'm looking for a compromise of performance and QUIET comfort that the 370z does not provide. In your opinions will I be served well by this car? I like the idea of having the Z, but I can't get past the noise, visibility and overall lack of interior features on the Z. No moonroof is a real biggie too. I know I threw a lot out here, but my main question is the pricing/deal on the vehicle I linked to. All input is appreciated....
I drove to this dealer from Austin due to their one price pricing and turned out to be a bait and switch ploy and left me pretty upset and left them to get a better price at Sewell Infiniti in Houston. Hope that quoted price is the final price.

Ian B
Old 02-09-2011, 01:12 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mr Ian B
I drove to this dealer from Austin due to their one price pricing and turned out to be a bait and switch ploy and left me pretty upset and left them to get a better price at Sewell Infiniti in Houston. Hope that quoted price is the final price.

Ian B
Yea, i have actually heard sewell is a lot better than Gunn. Gunna thinks that they are the only one in town that it is your only option. I would look at houston and Dallas as well, there is one in austin to i think
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
erical77

I basically just bought the same car in Tampa but it must have been missing something small because my MSRP was $39,140. Anyway, selling price was $31,990. With dealer fee and tax (7%), tag, etc OTD price was $34,8XX.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Skeetslarue

31900, that is pretty good. 2011? I would love to get them close to that. I don't need to buy it here. My job includes free airfare and I would have no issues with making a deal online or via phone. Would prefer to keep it in Tx just for licensing and registration purposes though.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 PM
erical77

31900, that is pretty good. 2011? I would love to get them close to that. I don't need to buy it here. My job includes free airfare and I would have no issues with making a deal online or via phone. Would prefer to keep it in Tx just for licensing and registration purposes though.
Yes, that was a 2011. Journey sedan with premium, kick plates, splash guard, trunk mat, etc. I originally was getting black with stone but was talked out of black and they got the graphite/stone combo I wanted with same MSRP from another dealer for me.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by erical77
I basically just bought the same car in Tampa but it must have been missing something small because my MSRP was $39,140. Anyway, selling price was $31,990. With dealer fee and tax (7%), tag, etc OTD price was $34,8XX.
Pretty good deal!!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
jlac13

+1 for great deal!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
erical77

Originally Posted by jlac13
+1 for great deal!
Thanks! Got .9% APR for 3 years on top of it... I feel like I got a great deal. And who says a woman can't buy a car?! LOL.