Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Dealer let me walk over $600

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
jryanp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by britishmutt
Just got the call! It's here!!
suhh-weeeet!! hahahah was going to ask you if it came in yet =P
have fun!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by owslystnly
i just bought a Graphite Shadow 6MT sedan w/ nav. I haven't read the forum rules yet, am I allowed to post prices paid and at what dealer? With my car in trade (which to me was worth $0, so I consider it a bonus to my final price) I got the car for essentially the carsdirect non-nav sedan target price + destination. About $5000 under the price you offered.
Thanks for the info, but it doesn't really help when you have a trade-in as part of your deal. My deal was a straight cash deal with no trades. Plus the sedan also makes a big difference. Most dealerships seem to have far more sedans than coupes, so you should be able to get a sweet deal on them.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
britishmutt

Originally Posted by jryanp
suhh-weeeet!! hahahah was going to ask you if it came in yet =P
have fun!
right right right right

picking it up friday longest 2 days EVARRRRRRrr
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 PM
owslystnly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info, but it doesn't really help when you have a trade-in as part of your deal. My deal was a straight cash deal with no trades. Plus the sedan also makes a big difference. Most dealerships seem to have far more sedans than coupes, so you should be able to get a sweet deal on them.
my negotiated price before trade-in was about $35.7k (carsdirect w/ nav price was $35.3k at the time)

I didn't mention I had a trade until I couldn't talk them down to the price I wanted to pay. And even then got them to give me $800 more than I thought my car was worth in trade.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
MSCA
Banned

So my salesman called me today and told me that he talked it over with his general manager and they are going to accept my offer and order my car.

So here's the deal:

MSRP: $43,665
Purchase price: $39350 plus tax, tags, etc..

Now there's also $1000 in the deal for the "manufacturer to dealer" incentive that Nissan in currently offering. We agreed that I'll pay the $1000 if that incentive is gone by the time my car arrives, but if the incentive happens to be greater than $1000, I'll get it deducted from my purchase price. Seems fair enough to me.

So I ended up getting approximately $4300 off the MSRP (including the incentive) without much of a problem.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 PM
jryanp

depends on the dealer and time you are buying. i did what every1 said and e-mailed instead of going in. contacted several dealers, and ended up negotiating between two.
i just ordered my 2010 G37S Coupe 6MT last week. they told me it would come in approx. 3 months. maybe less...
i got it for 3,650 under MSRP & they promise to deduct any cash incentive available when the car arrives
Old 05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
MSCA
Banned

my negotiated price before trade-in was about $35.7k (carsdirect w/ nav price was $35.3k at the time)

I didn't mention I had a trade until I couldn't talk them down to the price I wanted to pay. And even then got them to give me $800 more than I thought my car was worth in trade.
What was the MSRP on the car? How much under MSRP did you get them?

FWIW, my dealer told me that could give me a KILLER deal on an automatic transmission G37 because they have a ton of them in stock. I told them thanks, but no thanks. I was at a disadvantage from the start because I only wanted a coupe and only with a 6MT.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

told you they will come around lol.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM
jryanp

Originally Posted by MSCA
So my salesman called me today and told me that he talked it over with his general manager and they are going to accept my offer and order my car.

So here's the deal:

MSRP: $43,665
Purchase price: $39350 plus tax, tags, etc..

Now there's also $1000 in the deal for the "manufacturer to dealer" incentive that Nissan in currently offering. We agreed that I'll pay the $1000 if that incentive is gone by the time my car arrives, but if the incentive happens to be greater than $1000, I'll get it deducted from my purchase price. Seems fair enough to me.

So I ended up getting approximately $4300 off the MSRP (including the incentive) without much of a problem.
ohh, nice
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
MSCA
Banned

depends on the dealer and time you are buying. i did what every1 said and e-mailed instead of going in. contacted several dealers, and ended up negotiating between two.
i just ordered my 2010 G37S Coupe 6MT last week. they told me it would come in approx. 3 months. maybe less...
i got it for 3,650 under MSRP & they promise to deduct any cash incentive available when the car arrives
So that's in the same ballpark as my deal then. I see you're from NJ. Did you happen to buy from Ramsey Infiniti?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
jryanp

So that's in the same ballpark as my deal then. I see you're from NJ. Did you happen to buy from Ramsey Infiniti?
where is ramsey infiniti? i ended up getting mine from holman infiniti (south nj). but i'd recommend everyone to buy from salerno duane infiniti!! their customer service is GREAT! it was too far for me though
holman infiniti told me the best they could do was 1,000 off MSRP only and wouldn't negotiate... until i told them what the other dealer offered...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
owslystnly

Was just looking at edmunds and carsdirect, apologies if I was coming off as sounding like an ***....I didn't realize the coupe started at a few $k more than the sedan.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM
MSCA
Banned

where is ramsey infiniti? i ended up getting mine from holman infiniti (south nj). but i'd recommend everyone to buy from salerno duane infiniti!! their customer service is GREAT! it was too far for me though
holman infiniti told me the best they could do was 1,000 off MSRP only and wouldn't negotiate... until i told them what the other dealer offered...
Oh, you're from South Jersey. I live about 20 miles north of NYC, so the NJ border is only about 5 miles from my house. Ramsey Infiniti is in Ramsey NJ (go figure!) on RT. 17. It's the closest dealer to my house. I didn't even go to any other dealerships....I trusted my salesman when he told me that there were no 6MT coupes with the colors/options I wanted.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
MSCA
Banned

Was just looking at edmunds and carsdirect, apologies if I was coming off as sounding like an ***....I didn't realize the coupe started at a few $k more than the sedan.
No problem at all. Your posts were fine. It's just hard to compare the sedan and the coupe when it comes to purchase prices and getting a deal.

Plus, the damn 6MT is the most expensive of the coupes! Still though, it's reasonably priced compared to its competition.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 PM
jryanp

Oh, you're from South Jersey. I live about 20 miles north of NYC, so the NJ border is only about 5 miles from my house. Ramsey Infiniti is in Ramsey NJ (go figure!) on RT. 17. It's the closest dealer to my house. I didn't even go to any other dealerships....I trusted my salesman when he told me that there were no 6MT coupes with the colors/options I wanted.
haha oh... yea i don't know much about north nj. salerno duane is in denville, nj. also up there somewhere. but yea, there arent many 6MT coupes. i only contacted others to see what prices they would offer. looks like you got a nice deal though.
now we can wait together hahaha
what color did you get? i got amethyst graphite.

Quick Reply: Dealer let me walk over $600