Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

I am buying G37, could you give me suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 AM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am buying G37, could you give me suggestion?

Hi everyone. I am really really close to buying my first car infiniti.
I have a question about pricing of G37.
I've been looking at autotraders, visiting dealers very often, and so on to research on used G37s thats I was interested.
I finally found one and I wanted to ask you guys if you think the price is fair.
It is used car, 2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe Journey/Sport with 3800miles, Black on Black with almost every packages. Major Packages are Navigation, Sport Package, Premium Package, Illuminated Kick plates, and Rear spoiler.
On the internet, the price of this particular car is around 37K, excluding taxes and other fees. Condition of the car is perfect, I test drove it and it was fine. Now I am planning to make appointment with infiniti mechanics to do full check up.
I visited once and talked to the dealer and he told me he could work around 35K (total price, including dealership fee and taxes) because he knows I have limited budget. What do you guys think?

Oh also, he claims that the car was traded into their dealership 2~3 weeks ago, and the previous owner was a middle aged man, who bought it for her wife, but she never used it because she had other SUV. And they owned it for 7 months. And he had the original sticker price page, and this car's MSRP was 45,675.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:56 PM
SnoopDawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh, right now for 37K before taxes you can buy that car brand new proviede you can find a car you like in new stock at a dealership. Infiniti has some incentives so you can buy the car at $4500 below invoice. So for the configuration you listed... right around 37K. But to get the $4500 in incentives you have to give up infiniti APR of 0% for 36 months or 3.9% for 60?

So assuming you get your own financing which for new cars is pretty good right now if you have good credit (around 3.7 % from bank of america). Not sure if you can get such a rate for a used car so it may be worth while comparing overall cost (car cost + financing cost) over the life of the loan. it may turn out that if you get better APR for a new car, it may be cheaper if you go that route even though the base car may cost more. Do your homework on APR rates for new vs used and go from there.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
SnoopDawg is right. Depending on your interest for a loan, you might come out even or ahead by buying new. It should be real close.

But fully loaded w/ 3500 miles for $35k... that's a good price. Not so great a price that you can't pass it up though.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Neopragmatist

Yup, take advantage of the incentives on the '09 models. It would be difficult to find S models that are left, but you can get a fully loaded new '09 for a great price.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I would read all the threads on the first page of this forums and you will see what numerous people are paying for BRAND NEW 2009s.

Tell your dealer you talked to another dealer and got a good deal on the 2009 for a similar price.

Take the MSRP of that car and throw it out. No one pays MSRP.

Its a USED CAR. Theres depreciation there and you shouldnt be paying for it. The car lost value once it was driven off the lot.

I would go lower than 35k considering you can get a brand new one now for only a few thousand more.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SnoopDawg
Josh, right now for 37K before taxes you can buy that car brand new proviede you can find a car you like in new stock at a dealership. Infiniti has some incentives so you can buy the car at $4500 below invoice. So for the configuration you listed... right around 37K. But to get the $4500 in incentives you have to give up infiniti APR of 0% for 36 months or 3.9% for 60?

So assuming you get your own financing which for new cars is pretty good right now if you have good credit (around 3.7 % from bank of america). Not sure if you can get such a rate for a used car so it may be worth while comparing overall cost (car cost + financing cost) over the life of the loan. it may turn out that if you get better APR for a new car, it may be cheaper if you go that route even though the base car may cost more. Do your homework on APR rates for new vs used and go from there.
Very good advice.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
hawkeye98

I just posted a note on the sedan side about my recent purchase....I was trying to decide between a coupe and the AWD sedan in mid Dec and ultimately went w/ the AWD. Here's the kicker, I had such a hard time making a decision b/c the dealer was offering the 6mt coupe to me at the same price he was offering the AWD sedan....the MSRP on the brand new coupe 6mt was $44,480....he was offering to sell to me for $36,480 for a cash purchase. So, in other words, for the same price as the slightly used '09, you can buy a brand new '09.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
JoshLee89

I finally bought it!!! for thousand less than what I have posted.
34K out the door price. for
2009 G37S Black/Black Sports, Nav, Premiun, Illuminated Kickpad, Rear spoiller
3900miles. Infiniti Dealership did full mechanical check up, and car was perfect.
Although I thought it was waste of money after cuz they finished like in 30min. $120..
You guys said I could get some incentives from buying new car from the infiniti, but I can't. I am international student here in U.S so, I have to buy car, like anycar in cash at once.
Please tell me if I did well, and got good deal from buying this car.
I will post some pics later.
The first mod I want to try is the lisence plate lights and door lights. (can you recomand what is best one? I am reading a lot of threads, but not sure what is the ideal one, not too bright or too dark, and fits the Wattage.) Please help noob~
Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am one of those that believe you shouldn't ask if it is a good deal after you have done the deal. You liked the deal when you signed the paperwork, so enjoy as there is always some fool on here that will bust your bubble and say you could have done better.

As for LED lights, START HERE and continue to search. Probably more posts and difference of opinions on LED bulbs than any topic on the forum.

And congratulations on the car. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by JoshLee89
I finally bought it!!! for thousand less than what I have posted.
34K out the door price. for
3900miles. Infiniti Dealership did full mechanical check up, and car was perfect.
Although I thought it was waste of money after cuz they finished like in 30min. $120..
You guys said I could get some incentives from buying new car from the infiniti, but I can't. I am international student here in U.S so, I have to buy car, like anycar in cash at once.
Please tell me if I did well, and got good deal from buying this car.
I will post some pics later.
The first mod I want to try is the lisence plate lights and door lights. (can you recomand what is best one? I am reading a lot of threads, but not sure what is the ideal one, not too bright or too dark, and fits the Wattage.) Please help noob~
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
gooddeal

Assuming you have around 8% sale tax, the sale price is about 31K. It's a steal, imo. You probably need to pay at least around $45,675 - about 8k = 37,675 + TTL for a new car. You save almost 7k for a 3900 miles car. I don't know why they let the car go so cheap.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
G_4393
Banned

Dam... i just bout a 19k milage 2008 model fully loaded for $31k... so u got a better deal... prob cuz where u live
Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
SnoopDawg

Congrats, enjoy the car.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
JoshLee89

Our sales taxes here in GA, where I live is 7%. I know I shouldn't ask ppl around "what di you think about the deal I just made?", but I just am so excited because it is the very first car I bought in my life, as well as my first negotiating and dealing experience. hahaha..
my insurance is killing me though
Old 01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
needsoju
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<<34K out the door price. for
Although I thought it was waste of money after cuz they finished like in 30min. $120.>>

That's one heck of price for those options and that model. Note that because that car was sold already, it is technically used car so I think you saved alot of money there.
Enjoy !!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:01 AM
ilovejdmtoy

It is a good car, but its gas consumption is really poor. Worse than my 3.0 diesel X5.