Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

New Incentive Prediction

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DashKid
LOL I know they are not buying the cars are MSRP. DO YOU NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INVOICE AND MSRP. I think you should research that first. MSRP is price they are selling for AKA STICKER PRICE and invoice price is what cost them to build the car and also I said I paid below invoice not below MSRP.

P.S you can talk about all owning a business etc. Well I'm only 23 and I own serveral different business to be exact 3 business and they are all different and for your info they are (dry cleaners over 100k per yr, Sandwhich shop over 80k per yr, and a small web design company that does only local work here in dallas over 50k per yr) and guess what I'm not exactly debt free because I wanted to build up my credit thats why I financed my car and I am going to pay it off next year to build my credit. I already paid off my house with in 3 years after building it in 2005. Also, I paid all my stuff in college up front now in grad school to get my MBA and my Masters in Accounting at the same time. So don't give me that crap about experience because I'm way younger than you and I can bet that I experienced more up's and down's in my life than you have.

Hope this wasn't insulting but I didn't like the fact that you made a bold assumption because your 37 that no one experience what you been through. Expect for the part about traveling yeah you have an edge there but in finance and how the economy works I believe I have the edge here. If you want me to prove it come fly down to Dallas, TX and I'll pay for your flight back and I'll prove to you how much I have and been through.
Thats great. I actually will be flying into Love Field on the 26th and staying for a week. I am moving to the Tyler area to open up another store. I will be more than happy to met you and you can show me how a 23 year old who is building his credit up, can afford to own 3 business's and have a paid off house. PM me your address and numer and I will let you know what time I get in and what time you can expect to meet me for a coffee... and tour.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by G_Thang
Geez.. If you spent as much time working as you did typing on this forum you could retire by age 50.
Thats the beauty of owning your own business. I make my own hours...

And who is making assumptions now???
Old 01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
Thats great. I actually will be flying into Love Field on the 26th and staying for a week. I am moving to the Tyler area to open up another store. I will be more than happy to met you and you can show me how a 23 year old who is building his credit up, can afford to own 3 business's and have a paid off house. PM me your address and numer and I will let you know what time I get in and what time you can expect to meet me for a coffee... and tour.

How bout some pix of the car
Old 01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by mike@riverside
How bout some pix of the car
Which one?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 PM
HP_John

HTP AutoWorks, I mean no disrespect to you but I believe there is a misunderstanding about how much dealers make off of car sales. Dealers don't buy new cars from the manufacturers for half the price of the MSRP. Dealerships aren't making a killing, this is best shown through the fact that so many dealerships have closed in the US in 2008 (I believe the number was 30% of dealerships? I may be mistaken). It is an astoundingly bad time for new car sales in the US.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
HTP AutoWorks

Originally Posted by HP_John
HTP AutoWorks, I mean no disrespect to you but I believe there is a misunderstanding about how much dealers make off of car sales. Dealers don't buy new cars from the manufacturers for half the price of the MSRP. Dealerships aren't making a killing, this is best shown through the fact that so many dealerships have closed in the US in 2008 (I believe the number was 30% of dealerships? I may be mistaken). It is an astoundingly bad time for new car sales in the US.
Hey no offense taken. I am curious though to the two examples I gave earlier. How/why is that dealership selling a truck and giving the second one for free? I would think it wouldnt take long to go under giving half of your inventory away if you are not covering some of the loss with the first vehicle.

Oh and I dont disagre with you either. My original point was there are some even better deals on used vehicles right now. I am actually in shock at some of the prices I have seen. A 2006 Bentley Continental GT for 83 grand???? Wow what a deal. And a 2004 Mercedes SL500 for 35 grand... I mean the car you can get now for the same amount of money is really amazing.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:01 AM
DashKid
Banned

Sure contact me when you get here.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Mike

Hey no offense taken. I am curious though to the two examples I gave earlier. How/why is that dealership selling a truck and giving the second one for free? I would think it wouldnt take long to go under giving half of your inventory away if you are not covering some of the loss with the first vehicle.

Oh and I dont disagre with you either. My original point was there are some even better deals on used vehicles right now. I am actually in shock at some of the prices I have seen. A 2006 Bentley Continental GT for 83 grand???? Wow what a deal. And a 2004 Mercedes SL500 for 35 grand... I mean the car you can get now for the same amount of money is really amazing.
Car prices are lower than ever due to lack of demand. I totally agree... if there were some cars you wanted in the past and you can find an excellent example, now is the time to buy. I see Astons, Ferraris, Lambos, Maseratis, etc. ALL The time at auction now. There's so many that the exotics actually have their own dedicated lane...

As for the "buy one get one free", there's usually a significant amount of fine print.

One example I've seen is a Subaru dealer in TX. You buy a new Forrester, and you get a 2 year lease on a base impreza for $1. Imprezas are one of the best cars for holding value, and you must follow their guidelines. This is done via factory assistance, and the assumption by the dealer that a given percentage will come for service, offsetting the loss in the long run.

I've seen trucks out here in CA being advertised 1/3 off MSRP. Again, this is with factory incentives (factory cash being taken in lieu of special financing rates). E.G, a 30k truck has 7k in factory assistance, another 500 for being a college grad, 500 military, etc. That's 8k already. Then account for roughly 6% between invoice and MSRP, and you get another 2k. Just like that, you have a 10k discount on a 30k vehicle. Another way this can be used is with a "buy one get one free" where you buy the truck at MSRP, and you get a cheapie car for free. Some dealers do this with low-volume, low-demand vehicles, and others do it with specific used cars. The net result is that people either take the discount and buy a vehicle, or they take the free car, and the dealer gets rid of something they don't want on their lot.

And they wonder why Domestics don't hold value...

Hopefully I've offered some insight into the mindset of dealer principals...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 PM
boyah

So... are the rates gonna going to go lower for the 09's like they are for the 08's? I want to buy an 09 and loose money. Im ok with it since I keep my cars for over 10 years..
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Mike

They will... eventually...
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Gesus

If I recall correctly, Infiniti offered the 1.9% APR in August of 08 to get rid of the 08 G37's and eventually lowered it to 0.9% APR in September as the 09's were rolling in while the economy tanked.

I'm expecting similar incentives around this summer, maybe even earlier if sales become stagnant but if you search around there are still a lot of 2008 G37s sitting on the dealer lots with low demand. Bad for Infiniti, good for buyers who can afford and are looking to purchase now.