Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buying a G37, questions on ordering

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
GregUMR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying a G37, questions on ordering

I'm buying a G37 in February. However, I've noticed most people stating that they had to wait 3 months to get the car they ordered. If I end up ordering because I can't find the car I want on the lot, I don't want to get stuck waiting until May. So, If I were to go finalize the deal on the car now ( VPP D plan, Blue Slate, Sport, Prem, Spoiler, maybe nav ) would I have to put any money down on the car and if so how much?

I called my local dealer recently and they said the signature grad program was to allow new college grads to get good APR rates, so with decent credit (you don't have to have a long cred history, main benefit of the program) you can get a 3.9% APR loan for 63 months. That would put me around $680 a month for 63mo using VPP D. I could lease for 24mo @ 500ish, or 36mo at 550ish, so it seems its a better idea to buy.

So, how does ordering work if I were to finalize say, Dec.31. When do dealers get new shipments of cars ( Since I'm probably buying, I'll want a car with little or no test drives on it ).
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 PM
gbest03

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dealers place orders in the first week of the month, the car takes about 90 days to arrive, deposit is usually $1000.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by GregUMR
I'm buying a G37 in February. However, I've noticed most people stating that they had to wait 3 months to get the car they ordered. If I end up ordering because I can't find the car I want on the lot, I don't want to get stuck waiting until May. So, If I were to go finalize the deal on the car now ( VPP D plan, Blue Slate, Sport, Prem, Spoiler, maybe nav ) would I have to put any money down on the car and if so how much?

I called my local dealer recently and they said the signature grad program was to allow new college grads to get good APR rates, so with decent credit (you don't have to have a long cred history, main benefit of the program) you can get a 3.9% APR loan for 63 months. That would put me around $680 a month for 63mo using VPP D. I could lease for 24mo @ 500ish, or 36mo at 550ish, so it seems its a better idea to buy.

So, how does ordering work if I were to finalize say, Dec.31. When do dealers get new shipments of cars ( Since I'm probably buying, I'll want a car with little or no test drives on it ).
I can order a car (usually 3 months) or locate a vehicle for you. It depends how big of a dealership you go w/ and who they work with to get you the vehicle sooner.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
GregUMR

Originally Posted by gbest03
Dealers place orders in the first week of the month, the car takes about 90 days to arrive, deposit is usually $1000.
Is that refundable once the car is in and the papers are signed? How much of your life do you sign away when you first order the car?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
da mayor

Is that refundable once the car is in and the papers are signed? How much of your life do you sign away when you first order the car?
if you special order a car it's yours. i never have anyone refund b/c it's the car they want.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM
GregUMR

Originally Posted by da mayor
if you special order a car it's yours. i never have anyone refund b/c it's the car they want.
Right, I guess my point is, this 1000 dollar deposit is the extra you are paying to have the car shipped *special* for you. Buying off the lot you would not incur the same penalty. For instance, a better bet would be to order a new car when it comes off the truck for delivery to the dealer, of course you lose flexibility with this option. Am I correct on the 1000 being extra for special ordering though?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

What? No, deposit is subtracted from the total price when it comes. It's not an "extra" fee. They hold the deposit in case you walk away from it.

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
GregUMR

Can the deposit be put on a credit card? It would not only be easier for me but its safer as well, in case a dealer trys to pull a fast one I can dispute, as opposed to cash where I can not. If this is the case I may go hammer out the deal and order one. I just don't know if I can wait till April Btw, If I were to order, I should do it on Jan 1, not Dec. 31 right (for tax purposes)?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Everyone I know puts it on a credit card; who still deals in cash nowadays?

You may be able to get the dealer to locate the exact vehicle you want, ask them to do a search for you. Some are willing to pay the cost of shipping, too (In fact, I know a dealer who will do that; where are you located?).

I dunno if it makes a difference to buy this year or the next.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
GregUMR

What are the chances that you have to wait the full 3months when ordering a car? Is the avg wait for an ordered car closer to 45-60 days?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 PM
da mayor

What are the chances that you have to wait the full 3months when ordering a car? Is the avg wait for an ordered car closer to 45-60 days?
it depends on availability-- its hard to say what is available or what is not. i know i have a few G37's that no other dealers have it in a 500 mile radius and get lots of phone calls on it. it's supply and demand
Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
GregUMR

Originally Posted by da mayor
it depends on availability-- its hard to say what is available or what is not. i know i have a few G37's that no other dealers have it in a 500 mile radius and get lots of phone calls on it. it's supply and demand
Well what I was asking is how long do I have to wait if I order the car....from japan... If the wait is 90 days, is the avg closer to 45-60. Thanks

This is of course assuming that the car is not available, thats my point.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
TopTech

My car took about 75 days.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:16 AM
BoyleHeights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
da_mayor, are the deals the same for ordered cars and those on the lot? Or do buyers get a better deal for buying something on the lot?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well what I was asking is how long do I have to wait if I order the car....from japan... If the wait is 90 days, is the avg closer to 45-60. Thanks

This is of course assuming that the car is not available, thats my point.
Count on it being 90 days. Sometimes it will be shorter but when I ordered mine it took close to if not a little more than 90 days. It also depends a little on the size of the dealership you get it from and where you are located. Smaller dealerships get lower priority over larger ones that do more volume. Someone probably answered this but the deposit is refundable and it goes towards the total price of the car. The deposit is there to show that you are serious about buying the car. It is not a fee to order the car. Just make sure you verify with the dealer that it is refundable in case you don't want the car later.

Quick Reply: Buying a G37, questions on ordering