Build Threads

2010 G37x Sedan Blue Slate

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:04 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2010 G37x Sedan Blue Slate

Hello everyone. Sort of skipped the introduction forum and wanted to start with the build forum since I was going to make one anyways.

I bought my car from a Toyota dealership in September 2018. 2010 G37x Sedan, Blue Slate! Bought with only 18,005 miles on it. One owner, clean carfax, well maintained. Underneath the car practically looks brand new.
I came from a 2007 Pontiac G6 Convertible (my first car). I bought that car with 23K on it, and then I fell in love with the G37's and bought one. So this is a major upgrade to say the least.

1.) Detail
When I bought the car, the first thing I did was a complete detail inside and out.
Vacuumed the interior, washed the mats, cleaned the interior rugs, and everything else.
Exterior: A days worth of fun! Wash, clay, buff, and wax! The end result was amazing!

Now I bet most of you are here to see what I am doing for mods, and I'm getting there!

2.) Lighting
The first thing I did was replace all the interior bulbs with LEDs. Then I replaced the license plate lights, and reverse bulbs with LED's as well. I also changed the door lights to the infiniti logo projectors.
Simple and cheap , but gives the car such a nice aesthetic look.
The halogen fog lights bothered me, so of course I changed those too. I did some research and decided between LED 6000K , Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Halogen, 2500K LED, or replacing the entire unit with the Moriomoto LED replacement. I decided to go with the 2500k LED and experiment with that. At first I was skeptical because I didn't want to look like a ricer on the roads, but after installation I fell in love.

Fogs

Looks much better in person, pictures never do justice.

I replaced the intake filters with OEM, and I replaced the cabin filter as well.

easy

3.) TINTS!
A month after I bought it, I finally got around to tinting the windows. 35% fronts (legal limit) and 20% the rest. Went with Rayno S5 ceramic tint

The car is washed weekly, followed up with Surf City Garage Speed Demon Detailer, and tire shine. Also vaccumed weekly.
Just waxed to prepare for the winter weather up here last week.

FOB covers from amazon, $8! Waited a month but impressive quality straight from China.

Now, here is what I have planned for the future!

I am picking up some 19" coupe rims this week.
I will soon be ordering the OEM sedan spoiler (can't stand the chrome lip now)
Turn As Tail mod from DD
GTR Start Button (turns the g37 into a gtr right???? lol)
Drilled/Slotted rotors
Painted calipers (thinking of yellow, or a bronze color)
Painted engine cover
Might relocate the plate to tow hook - not sure though!
After winter I'd like to start adding some performance parts. Looking at RHFC's (been looking at Z1, Berks, FI. Let me know which you think is best). Stillen CBE is a possibility, and potentially the takeda LTCAI as well. A tune to top things off.

I'm new to the VQ life so if you have any tips, suggestions or comments please let me know. This is my DD. I know this isn't a super exciting build forum like some other awesome builds on here, but I'm starting off small!
P.S. lowering is unfortunately not something I will be doing due to snow and the crappy new england roads. I know some have done it but I don't want to have to worry!
Thanks everyone.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
looking good