Build Threads

Project Panda

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 09:19 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
You may want to play around with a similar color to your angel eyes for the fog trim.

Something silver/brushed gray/light gray/etc.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:21 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 265 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by BULL
You may want to play around with a similar color to your angel eyes for the fog trim.

Something silver/brushed gray/light gray/etc.
you think the stock chrome would look better?
Old 03-20-2024, 09:43 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,592 Likes on 3,437 Posts
I would paint that CF trunk and that CF hood Moonlight White like the car, and the surrounding trim on the grille the same. (Obviously I'm biased about the grille.)

I know "panda" is the theme here, but it's too much IMO.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:51 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I would paint that CF trunk and that CF hood Moonlight White like the car, and the surrounding trim on the grille the same. (Obviously I'm biased about the grille.)

im leaning towards wrapping it in as similar of a color as possible and leaving the leave carbon.

painting is too permanent for me.

ill paint the grill outer trim for sure.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Rochester
Administrator

That's a fair point about wrap vs. paint, particularly something you turn around and sell someday.

But if you wrap, shouldn't you wrap the whole car? Is there's really a wrap that will match your paint? Moonlight White is a pearlescent paint that changes over the years.

BTW, cool side view mirrors. I just noticed them.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:30 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

That's a fair point about wrap vs. paint, particularly something you turn around and sell someday.

But if you wrap, shouldn't you wrap the whole car? Is there's really a wrap that will match your paint? Moonlight White is a pearlescent paint that changes over the years.

BTW, cool side view mirrors. I just noticed them.
Sadly, there probably won't be anything that's going to be exact, but I don't mind if its a shade different. I currently have PPF on my front bumper, and wrapping the whole car is too costly for me to justify something that isn't permeant like paint.

I'll try my best to search around for the closest wrap.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:33 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by projectpanda13
you think the stock chrome would look better?
Yes and No. The OEM shroud is pretty long and ALL shiny will throw it off. A darker gray/charcoal or even the OEM shroud painted black but tape the "ring" and remove the tape off the chrome so it can look like a Faux ring could help. I suggest play with it digitally before pulling the trigger.

I would suggest against, have you seen the 50ft wave that spoiler has?
Fully white and you have to watch out for young adults and millennials using their toy skateboard/ Tech Decks from doing Ollies and 900s off your spoiler.
It's the type of part that kind of needs to stay dark. In my opinion anything bright has to have a dividing line between trunk and spoiler.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:30 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Got to compare the Z1 gallery gasket kit to the EPS kit in person.

The EPS gasket looks to be of a graphite material with the metal reinforcement inside. Its definitely thicker and more ridge than the updated OEM that Z1 uses.

The Z1 hardware looks nicer, not sure on the material or coating, but if the Z1 is stainless steel vs the zinc or galvanized EPS, Z1 would be my choice.

Both kits are great.

The following users liked this post:
SupraOfDoom (04-02-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 07:36 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
What is wrong with your car causing it to sit so long? My CF trunk also has some gap, it was better on my previous G so I know I can adjust it a bit more but just haven't felt like it.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:20 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
What is wrong with your car causing it to sit so long? My CF trunk also has some gap, it was better on my previous G so I know I can adjust it a bit more but just haven't felt like it.
I've got a very weird issue where when the car warms up (after 158 degree F), the engine starts idling weird and my VTC fluctuates. I got codes for P0011 and P0021 and P0524.

I haven't done an oil pressure test yet and plan to. I did change the the VVT solenoid with no improvement. the VTC degree fluctuates for bank1.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:53 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Picked up a set of AMG 8 piston Brembo to run with the Eximious Custom brackets.

This isn't really an upgrade as the total piston area is actually 2.5% less with the Brembo than the Akebono. I plan to measure the pad surface area to compare also.

https://www.eximiouscustomparts.com/...34-amg-8p-f355

Here an image of them on a 370z

Old 04-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Rochester
Administrator

8 piston? Yikes! What are the rears?

Coincidentally, I recently rebuilt a set of Akebono calipers for the first time. With 12 total cylinders, I thought that was lot.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:05 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

8 piston? Yikes! What are the rears?

Coincidentally, I recently rebuilt a set of Akebono calipers for the first time. With 12 total cylinders, I thought that was lot.
im keeping with the stock 2 piston Akebono. Despite the Brembo having 8 pistons it shares roughly similar piston area.

Akebono have (2) 45mm and (2) 41mm piston
Brembo have (4) 32mm and (4) 28mm pistons.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:01 AM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by projectpanda13
Got to compare the Z1 gallery gasket kit to the EPS kit in person.

The EPS gasket looks to be of a graphite material with the metal reinforcement inside. Its definitely thicker and more ridge than the updated OEM that Z1 uses.

The Z1 hardware looks nicer, not sure on the material or coating, but if the Z1 is stainless steel vs the zinc or galvanized EPS, Z1 would be my choice.

Both kits are great.

So looking at both kits and having used a superseded Nissan gasket I would lean towards OEM. Though not so many failures after they've been changed I would use bolts similar to what EPS includes.
The black oxide finish ends up benefiting this situation, due to it's rough/porous/satin finish in theory it should provide additional "anti-backing" resistance.
In general the black bolt ends up slightly stronger but in this situation it does not matter due to the TQ specs used.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:49 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
So looking at both kits and having used a superseded Nissan gasket I would lean towards OEM. Though not so many failures after they've been changed I would use bolts similar to what EPS includes.
The black oxide finish ends up benefiting this situation, due to it's rough/porous/satin finish in theory it should provide additional "anti-backing" resistance.
In general the black bolt ends up slightly stronger but in this situation it does not matter due to the TQ specs used.
That's interesting. I'm going to also order the gaskets Concept Z provides before making my final decision on which I'd like to use.

https://conceptzperformance.com/czp-...kt_p_31979.php

Quick Reply: Project Panda