Build Threads

Louith's "I'm getting older" Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 10:07 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
Louith, I haven't poked in here in a while. You've been busy! The car looks amazing man. Great work and congrats on your placements!
The following users liked this post:
louith (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:07 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Nice!

Liberty Walk kits seem like kind of a cop-out. No real 'vision' required to buy a super expensive kit and throw on your car.

Again, Congratulations!
louith (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Show awards... that must be a rewarding feeling, OP. Congratulations.
louith (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Way to represent Lou! You're doing really well at these shows, all your hard work & vision is paying off, congrats!
louith (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:27 AM
louith
Registered Member

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by monytx
Louith, I haven't poked in here in a while. You've been busy! The car looks amazing man. Great work and congrats on your placements!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by RMB5190
Nice!

Liberty Walk kits seem like kind of a cop-out. No real 'vision' required to buy a super expensive kit and throw on your car.

Again, Congratulations!
Yeah as much as i love wide body, it seems like people who get them now are almost automatic wins.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Show awards... that must be a rewarding feeling, OP. Congratulations.
Thank you!! definitely feels good. Especially when you arent expecting it! lol.

Also very heart breaking when you dont get anything when you are trying hard and you think you deserve it at a show.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Way to represent Lou! You're doing really well at these shows, all your hard work & vision is paying off, congrats!
Thank you! I think i am going to 2 maybe 3 more shows this year. i think lol. If i dont get anything, i am ok not getting any after the last one i didnt think i was gonna get.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Leave some for the rest of us! lol jk congrats tho!
louith (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 11:47 AM
louith
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Vizard_87
Leave some for the rest of us! lol jk congrats tho!
lol thanks dude. why didnt you go?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by louith
lol thanks dude. why didnt you go?
I didn't really plan for it and didn't feel like driving 8 hrs in one day lol + it was supposed to rain and in the end didn't really rain
Old 08-01-2017, 01:36 PM
louith
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Vizard_87
I didn't really plan for it and didn't feel like driving 8 hrs in one day lol + it was supposed to rain and in the end didn't really rain
lol.. i left my house at 230 in the morning saturday, then got back home 2 am sunday morning. i was hella tired.

it rained HARD on the way up the road. then it wasnt bad after that.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:16 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Nice!

Again, Congratulations!
i understand ur jus cheerleading for a member here but its not a cop out. its a god damn lack of support out there for the g37. if u think lb kit is a cop out with no real vision u must feel it even more of a cop out with everyone here doing the same ipl splitter crap lol. if lb is no real vision to u then ipl kit must mean blindness lmao jk.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
i understand ur jus cheerleading for a member here but its not a cop out. its a god damn lack of support out there for the g37. if u think lb kit is a cop out with no real vision u must feel it even more of a cop out with everyone here doing the same ipl splitter crap lol. if lb is no real vision to u then ipl kit must mean blindness lmao jk.
Of course. He has a lot of unique features that I've yet to see on another G. Just check out the tail lights and custom paint job under the hood...That's no where else on myG37.com.

There was two G37s with the exact same set up. Super original, right? In fact, I'm pretty sure I can Google LB's Liberty walk kit and get hundreds of hits. You know how many G37s pop when I Google 'G37 + Japanese + sunrise + paint job'... Answer: 0

If I'm entering a car show and purchase a kit that replaces every cosmetic feature of this car for me then I haven't really put too much consideration and vision into my build other than which credit card I'm going to use when I click 'checkout'...No disrespect meant for anyone that has it but to enter a car show with the kit kind of makes one roll their eyes. Like someone with 30k in plastic surgery entering a natural beauty contest.

I have more admiration for someone who took a combination of factory options, customized them and then sprinkled in AM parts for a genuinely unique look (See examples above...). I think you're really making a stretch to connect a $6,000 body kit to the IPL factory trim options. Can't speak directly for, but I'm pretty sure people who go for the IPL look are trying to make their vehicle have a OEM unique appearance to their liking for $2-3k max? I doubt they're doing it thinking: buy IPL kit = Awards.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:29 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Of course. He has a lot of unique features that I've yet to see on another G. Just check out the tail lights and custom paint job under the hood...That's no where else on myG37.com.

There was two G37s with the exact same set up. Super original, right? In fact, I'm pretty sure I can Google LB's Liberty walk kit and get hundreds of hits. You know how many G37s pop when I Google 'G37 + Japanese + sunrise + paint job'... Answer: 0

If I'm entering a car show and purchase a kit that replaces every cosmetic feature of this car for me then I haven't really put too much consideration and vision into my build other than which credit card I'm going to use when I click 'checkout'...No disrespect meant for anyone that has it but to enter a car show with the kit kind of makes one roll their eyes. Like someone with 30k in plastic surgery entering a natural beauty contest.

I have more admiration for someone who took a combination of factory options, customized them and then sprinkled in AM parts for a genuinely unique look (See examples above...). I think you're really making a stretch to connect a $6,000 body kit to the IPL factory trim options. Can't speak directly for, but I'm pretty sure people who go for the IPL look are trying to make their vehicle have a OEM unique appearance to their liking for $2-3k max? I doubt they're doing it thinking: buy IPL kit = Awards.
u do realize vizard and louth entered a contest where vizard won 3rd and louth won second right?

naw man im pretty almost 99% sure the many that did the ipl kit did it bc there isnt anything else out there and plus its factory fit. if the g37 had support like the frs with their so many body kit options we'd see so many different g37s instead of everyone doing the ipl kit i almost guarantee that. its kinda like the camry sport edition kit. that thing is so rampant its boring. not saying ipl kit is at that level but its similar and getting to that point on this forum. but im sure locally its still a looker

and the japanese flag under the hood thing is not that original dude thats been heavily done with other imports (not knocking u louuth but im sure u know this).
Old 08-01-2017, 03:33 PM
louith
Registered Member

u do realize vizard and louth entered a contest where vizard won 3rd and louth won second right?

naw man im pretty almost 99% sure the many that did the ipl kit did it bc there isnt anything else out there and plus its factory fit. if the g37 had support like the frs with their so many body kit options we'd see so many different g37s instead of everyone doing the ipl kit i almost guarantee that. its kinda like the camry sport edition kit. that thing is so rampant its boring. not saying ipl kit is at that level but its similar and getting to that point on this forum. but im sure locally its still a looker

and the japanese flag under the hood thing is not that original dude thats been heavily done with other imports (not knocking u louuth but im sure u know this).
not taking any offense on that statement. its true. the rising sun isnt really 'original' it is however, different on a G37 platform as there arent many. and not in the color scheme. i didnt want to do the traditional Red and White. so i went Gray.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

no u went right with the lighter tone its much better and classier. im sure we all wish the g37 had a lot more we could do to it cosmetically. its rough with this car lol im starting to get over it myself with my car
Old 08-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
and the japanese flag under the hood thing is not that original dude thats been heavily done with other imports
Japanese flag? LOL

Pretty sure you just p1ssed off 127 million people.

Quick Reply: Louith's "I'm getting older" Build Thread