Build Threads

White G37 Air Ride Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 PM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up White G37 Air Ride Build

I figured my Facebook was getting blown up with pictures of random pictures of my new G37 and the little bit of things that come in for it, so I thought I would say hello here and make a "build" thread. - PSA: This is not a crazy build, just always loved G35/G37's and wanted a comfortable, clean car for work and cruising purposes.

About 5 years ago I had a G35 and I loved it, but the price I got it for against the price I sold it for I could not pass up the offer, and ever since then I knew I'd wind up in another G. Eventually this G will leave and I will get my long awaited GT-R, but all in good time

And here is both;

And now just the G37;

Day 1 with it, about 3 months ago now - bone stock 1 owner 29k miles - Bose/Nav/Parking Sensors etc - White with black interior, I'm in love.

Got 18% window tint on side/rear windows and 35% on the windshield. I was skeptical originally but a friend of mine has 50% up front and the guy who tinted it who is also a friend talked me into the darker - and I LOVE it, I hate driving cars without the windshield tinted now.

- Jesse Ian

Last edited by JesseIan; 06-25-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:02 PM
Stachuu
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the ride.
The following users liked this post:
JesseIan (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:56 PM
JesseIan
Registered Member

I picked up the GT-R start button but have sort of grown to like the white from factory and have grown partial to an Impul button, but will most likely run it for a bit - let me know if anyone is interested.

Talked to @diodedynamics and they got me setup on the DIY Tail As Turn setup after a friend with a coupe showed me his (the plug and play would be great but this looks pretty easy too).

Switched to all LED interior and exterior lighting - before I get crap for what looks to be double parking I am in the end spot and just very close to the concrete pole where no one not even a motorcycle can park haha
Old 06-23-2015, 12:07 AM
JesseIan
Registered Member

A friend who also has a sedan got this same roof wing during a group buy and I got in right as I picked the car up, paint match is great and fitment is excellent!

Being that I got automatic (I think only my 3rd car of many that has not been manual) I wanted paddle shifters, after waiting for a while to find one that wasn't $300+. I love the paddle feel - heads up part number is identical to GT-R paddles incase you somehow get your hands on some of those for cheaper!

Picked up the CARSMO radio/HVAC ***** - the black wasn't terrible but I felt this helped "class" up the center a tad more.

Anyway, there's a few more updates but we'll leave it at this for now since I've triple posted now.
- Jesse Ian

Last edited by JesseIan; 12-07-2015 at 11:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RayCARSMO (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 01:06 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice start! Like your G35 work, look forward to your 37s progress
Old 06-23-2015, 11:47 AM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice start! Like your G35 work, look forward to your 37s progress
Thank you! I think eventually I'll pick up another G35 coupe for fun purposes, and thank you! Wheels/tires/TPMS came in for the G37 - pretty excited.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 PM
JesseIan
Registered Member

White G37 slowly built with extras.

Tires showed up as well as new TPMS - Achilles 245/35/19
Attached Thumbnails White G37 Air Ride Build-photo378.jpg  
Old 06-24-2015, 09:36 PM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Got my wheels mounted and balanced - will need to throw on to sync TPMS - probably won't leave on until wheel gap is dealt with.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:15 PM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Air Ride is on it's way thanks to Autrey at DWSParts, no UPS update since 9:04am on the 24th :'( I know it will come Monday like it says but I'd sleep better at night seeing updates like a parent sending their kid to College.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Did it come in today? In for pics.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:38 AM
BassAddictJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in love with the radio *****.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:01 AM
JesseIan
Registered Member

The air ride came in a couple/few weeks ago - in the mean time before installing (because for some reason Washington has been 90+ degrees and even though I'm from California - I've been up here for too many years so I'm not longer used to the heat) so between wanting to let it be in the 80's for installing and the garage with the lift in it not being available until this weekend I got my roof wrapped.

Next post will be longer since it is my air ride post...
Old 07-19-2015, 11:09 AM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Alrighty, so my air ride showed up a few weeks ago. As said in the last post - it was too hot for me to want to do and the lift wasn't available at my friends house for a couple weeks.

The time finally came so we started Friday evening after work -

My apartment front office people who sign for all of my stuff have been giving some funny looks lately with air, wheels, tires, AC, etc coming in hah.

Went through all the boxes to make sure everything was there - it was, great packaging by Air Lift Performance.

I didn't take full on build step by step pictures - but took some randomly. Friday after work we put all the struts and bags in and plumbed each one as well as some other misc prep work for the trunk and air lines. (Note the 1 rivet in this picture - we added one more further down - both of which allow for some movement and also added a piece of rubber hose between the brake line and the braided line so no chaffing)

I would say the most time consuming thing for us was getting all of this drilled and fitted - which honestly was not that bad either. It's a time consuming install overall but not that difficult.

Maybe someday down the road I'll do a cool dual compressor setup with custom install, but for now I just made a mount that will go through the carpet and still give me room.

This wrapped up day 1. We started after work so already a bit tired, I'd say this was...4-5 hours in.

Day 1 end, Day 2 post coming in the next 10-15 minutes.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:18 AM
JesseIan
Registered Member

Day 2 -

Everything mocked up and drilled to the size of the hole and bolt.

Again, nothing special at least for now. I just wanted a basic set up where I still had trunk space. The lines run down through the carpet and I am having an aluminum slanted cover made right now (which is why you won't see a finished trunk picture) to go over the lines running through the carpet.

This is the side that I showed the braided line for in day 1, both sides have braided lines but just so you get the visual of how it continued. The fuel lines having 1 extra spot made this part very nice and clean.

So for the other side we just used P clamps to run as if the fuel line mounts were there, turned out good to me.

As I said earlier, I didn't do step by step I just took pictures of the basics and things worth seeing - therefore I skipped pictures of the wiring, of running the controller etc. Anyway, here it is! Pretty happy.

Over all it took about...13 hours for me and a friend to install - if we got to install another one now I would guess 7-8 hours, there was a lot of learning and figuring out how some things should go. However it saved a lot on install by doing it myself and turned out super clean! Everything is functioning and holding correctly so far, driven about 80 miles to test it so far. We'll see how it goes.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:45 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Wow, great job on the install and transformation. Always nice to DIY to save coin, take pride, and know how it all goes together.
What alignment settings are you running at drive height, or have you got to that point yet?
At any rate, kudos!

Quick Reply: White G37 Air Ride Build