Build Threads

Betty the "Red Widow" Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
The first comment was advice, not knowing the context. But that last comment was just humor.

I'm old, I can do both.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Rochester
The first comment was advice, not knowing the context. But that last comment was just humor.

I'm old, I can do both.
Lmao I know, none was taken to heart. Just continuing the entertainment of online banter
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Pedro, look at this lower-bumper section on this guy's Vibrant Red Sedan. He did that with plastidip.

I think it looks fantastic. Granted, the edges are seriously rough, but if you have any skills with that stuff, it could be worth it to play with. At least until your diffuser arrives and you install that. Didn't I read you were getting a rear diffuser? Anyway...

Old 06-27-2015, 08:17 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Pedro, look at this lower-bumper section on this guy's Vibrant Red Sedan. He did that with plastidip.

I think it looks fantastic. Granted, the edges are seriously rough, but if you have any skills with that stuff, it could be worth it to play with. At least until your diffuser arrives and you install that. Didn't I read you were getting a rear diffuser? Anyway...

Looks good. Actually had I not ordered a diffuser I was going to have it painted like I did with my previous Sedan, but just got confirmation that my diffuser is scheduled to arrive Monday
Old 12-20-2015, 10:20 AM
ASG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is looking good bud, glad to know she is still in good hands!

Originally Posted by pledes23
Looks good. Actually had I not ordered a diffuser I was going to have it painted like I did with my previous Sedan, but just got confirmation that my diffuser is scheduled to arrive Monday
Old 12-20-2015, 11:16 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Yep, Pedro. Really great looking!!!!

And it's not just 'cause I have a weakness for the color code A54.

What's next? I need to steal some ideas...

Keep the pics coming.

Sean
Old 12-20-2015, 11:51 AM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ASG37S
Car is looking good bud, glad to know she is still in good hands!
Originally Posted by VIVID
Yep, Pedro. Really great looking!!!!

And it's not just 'cause I have a weakness for the color code A54.

What's next? I need to steal some ideas...

Keep the pics coming.

Sean
Thanks guys. A couple updated pics since I haven't really been posting much on here lately.. Lol
Attached Thumbnails Betty the "Red Widow" Build-photo173.jpg   Betty the "Red Widow" Build-photo540.jpg   Betty the "Red Widow" Build-photo250.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 12:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice fresh pics, of a VERY nice fresh G
Old 12-20-2015, 01:55 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
This is my first time coming across this thread. Makes me wish I had the 6MT.

I'm interested in the JDM tails, did you replace the reverse light lenses as well? Or just the tails? I heard the red is different between the JDM and USDM lights.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:11 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice fresh pics, of a VERY nice fresh G
Thank you sir!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:14 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
This is my first time coming across this thread. Makes me wish I had the 6MT.

I'm interested in the JDM tails, did you replace the reverse light lenses as well? Or just the tails? I heard the red is different between the JDM and USDM lights.
Just the tails, it never really bothered me as much. Plus will possibly be tinting them so replacing would not have been cost effective. I don't thinks it's a drastic difference to warrant the replacement reverse section.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I don't thinks it's a drastic difference to warrant the replacement reverse section.
I don't think there's any difference. As far as we can tell from conversations and pictures after the meet-up, there are no "JDM Reverse Lenses". In Japan, those clash with the tails as a different shade of red. They just do.

That said, I also don't think anyone would notice. Well, almost anyone, LOL. It's one of those things that once you see it, you can't un-see it. And at that point, it becomes a point of compromise.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:59 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

I don't think there's any difference. As far as we can tell from conversations and pictures after the meet-up, there are no "JDM Reverse Lenses". In Japan, those clash with the tails as a different shade of red. They just do.

That said, I also don't think anyone would notice. Well, almost anyone, LOL. It's one of those things that once you see it, you can't un-see it. And at that point, it becomes a point of compromise.
If anyone can point it out best it would be you my friend! Lol.

It's definitely a compromise, depending on the individual. I think it's also a little less noticeable because my car is Vibrant Red. One thing is for certain I will be toying around with lightly tinting it to see if it flows well with the rear accents that are in black (diffuser, roof, spoiler, and possible emblem)
Old 12-20-2015, 07:01 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
If anyone can point it out best it would be you my friend! Lol.

It's definitely a compromise, depending on the individual. I think it's also a little less noticeable because my car is Vibrant Red. One thing is for certain I will be toying around with lightly tinting it to see if it flows well with the rear accents that are in black (diffuser, roof, spoiler, and possible emblem)
Ahhh, I would love to see what the tints would look like as I've also been debating it. Especially with the JDM tails on VR. I'm still trying to decide on whether I want a CF or gloss/matte black diffuser.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
pledes23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Ahhh, I would love to see what the tints would look like as I've also been debating it. Especially with the JDM tails on VR. I'm still trying to decide on whether I want a CF or gloss/matte black diffuser.
I went through the same debate with choosing between CF and black and I opted for the Obsidian Black (Same color as the g37 sedan) my reasoning is that I wasn't going to add anything else in CF. It all depends on the theme you are going with. I mean if you get in CF you can always choose to paint it later on if you don't like it. My roof spoiler was CF and I painted it same color as my diffuser.
Attached Thumbnails Betty the "Red Widow" Build-photo424.jpg  

Quick Reply: Betty the "Red Widow" Build