Build Threads

Two Years in the Making...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 03:14 AM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I don't have stock manifolds on the car.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:42 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by kpjc4eva
I don't have stock manifolds on the car.
I saw a pic of the GTR manifold and then the stock so I was under the impression something happened along the way.
I do have to add many of the VHR folks you see hitting high numbers end up at a certain plateu between 7-800whp. I also see that one of the documented GTR swaps ended up loosing power from a manifold swap however the car was 6-700whp so I wonder if the past this point you start benefiting from the GTR manifold.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:38 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

I really don't know if it does lose power. Before doing the GTR manifold conversion we had the car around mid 700 whp. Then I did more stuff like the GTR manifold conversion. We did a follow up tune few months after and we hit 800ish whp. Did some tweaking and got it to the last dyno. We could have kept going but it kept spinning hard on the dyno. We tried everything.

This was all on a c16 tune. Swapping out to e85 and throwing it on a dyno hub. Should have a new update within the next few weeks.

I haven't really met many folks with high power G/Z. I also don't know many G/Z people who drive their cars hard. I have a few videos where I'm pushing this car. I'll have to find them on my other computer. I'll post it up if it's a easy process to do so.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:15 PM
hiddensalami
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really don't know if it does lose power. Before doing the GTR manifold conversion we had the car around mid 700 whp. Then I did more stuff like the GTR manifold conversion. We did a follow up tune few months after and we hit 800ish whp. Did some tweaking and got it to the last dyno. We could have kept going but it kept spinning hard on the dyno. We tried everything.

This was all on a c16 tune. Swapping out to e85 and throwing it on a dyno hub. Should have a new update within the next few weeks.

I haven't really met many folks with high power G/Z. I also don't know many G/Z people who drive their cars hard. I have a few videos where I'm pushing this car. I'll have to find them on my other computer. I'll post it up if it's a easy process to do so.
What a build! If you don’t mind me asking, what was the bill for everything?
Old 01-02-2021, 08:08 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

It was expensive to do when I was doing it. No one at the time was working on these cars, like this. Now it's a lot cheaper than what it was. More shops and people have been adventuring into some crazy builds. I don't think it's nearly as bad as it was when we first started this project.
Old 01-04-2021, 03:06 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
The car is sponsored now, so that helps a lot. As of right now I'm getting a tune, upgrading the fuel system, replacing the fuel injectors to 2000cc after doing baselines with the 1000cc, updating the boost controller and some other electronics, brakes, and clutch to the OS Giken stage 3.

Oh yeah throwing out the two piece drive shaft to a one aluminum piece. That's about it so far.
How did you go about getting sponsored? Not sure if that something you can ask, if not please disregard.
EDIT: I just saw the one where you explained how you got sponsored, so nevermind. That was pretty lucky for you!

Last edited by BoomerSpeed01; 01-04-2021 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Found my answer
Old 01-05-2021, 08:37 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
How did you go about getting sponsored? Not sure if that something you can ask, if not please disregard.
EDIT: I just saw the one where you explained how you got sponsored, so nevermind. That was pretty lucky for you!
For the most part most sponsors are the same. They look at passionate folks who have started with 25-50% of the work itself and see how the joint effort can benefit them. Then they'll approach.
Think of it as an investment.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:15 AM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

That's not particularly true on the "passionate" part. Everyone who works on their own cars are passionate. I tried to get my Skyline sponsored but no bite. I was very passionate about the build.

UpRev said they took it on due to being unique. It's been very slow in the progress but I can't complain. The additional stuff that's being added on would have been expensive if I paid out of pocket for it.

The car will be going on the dyno sometime soon. I'll keep folks posted. Currently changing a few things around for corn gas.
The following users liked this post:
BoomerSpeed01 (01-07-2021)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

That's not particularly true on the "passionate" part. Everyone who works on their own cars are passionate. I tried to get my Skyline sponsored but no bite. I was very passionate about the build.

UpRev said they took it on due to being unique. It's been very slow in the progress but I can't complain. The additional stuff that's being added on would have been expensive if I paid out of pocket for it.

The car will be going on the dyno sometime soon. I'll keep folks posted. Currently changing a few things around for corn gas.
I was just curious about the sponsorship stuff cause when I had my coupe, I had taken it to autocross twice and it was seriously addictive. But I didn't and still don't have the cash to dump into a car to make it a seirous contender. In the same class with G37 coupe/sedans are cars like the Chevy SS....... How are we supposed to compete with cars like that..? But anyway, I really wanted to keep going to events, but it already had over 200k miles on it and it was just constantly needing things worked on/replaced to start with before beating on it at SCCA events. If I would have had $5-10k to throw around, I could have turned that thing into a track car pretty easily, and there were several people there that were sponsored.
Either way, you have a really nice build and nice work! Really interested to see what kind of numbers it'll put out.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:27 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

I was just curious about the sponsorship stuff cause when I had my coupe, I had taken it to autocross twice and it was seriously addictive. But I didn't and still don't have the cash to dump into a car to make it a seirous contender. In the same class with G37 coupe/sedans are cars like the Chevy SS....... How are we supposed to compete with cars like that..? But anyway, I really wanted to keep going to events, but it already had over 200k miles on it and it was just constantly needing things worked on/replaced to start with before beating on it at SCCA events. If I would have had $5-10k to throw around, I could have turned that thing into a track car pretty easily, and there were several people there that were sponsored.
Either way, you have a really nice build and nice work! Really interested to see what kind of numbers it'll put out.
I don't know how people get sponsored. I was leaning on a hard no in the beginning due to the contract obligations but my friend told me to take it. Plus no one in my circle ever had a sponsorship from a big company like UpRev before.

I have no idea what these companies look for in finding someone. Maybe your influence on social media? I know a Korean chick she has 250k followers and her daily and her drift car are fully sponsored by multiple car shops in Cali. I know looking fine as hell helps but with 250k+ follows, that also can drive sales to these companies. Social media is probably key to success in much of today's life.

I can only imagine having the amount of followers like the Rock and then you saying go to this company to buy parts, boom. Money shot.

I can try and get yall parts at my price if ya need anything. The worse thing they can say is No. Never hurts to ask.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:40 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

I don't know how people get sponsored. I was leaning on a hard no in the beginning due to the contract obligations but my friend told me to take it. Plus no one in my circle ever had a sponsorship from a big company like UpRev before.

I have no idea what these companies look for in finding someone. Maybe your influence on social media? I know a Korean chick she has 250k followers and her daily and her drift car are fully sponsored by multiple car shops in Cali. I know looking fine as hell helps but with 250k+ follows, that also can drive sales to these companies. Social media is probably key to success in much of today's life.

I can only imagine having the amount of followers like the Rock and then you saying go to this company to buy parts, boom. Money shot.

I can try and get yall parts at my price if ya need anything. The worse thing they can say is No. Never hurts to ask.
Sorry if I made it seem like I was still asking how to get sponsored. I was more just trying to explain why I was interested in getting sponsors.
Hey, if they agree to something like that you'll be helping out a lot of people.
Sadly social media is the key now. I've documented everything I've done to my car(s) on IG along with whatever car shows and events I go to amounting to over 30 posts so far and I still only have about 50 followers.. I've seen some pages with less than 10 posts but they have thousands of followers. It's all so political unless you get lucky somehow.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:02 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

Sorry if I made it seem like I was still asking how to get sponsored. I was more just trying to explain why I was interested in getting sponsors.
Hey, if they agree to something like that you'll be helping out a lot of people.
Sadly social media is the key now. I've documented everything I've done to my car(s) on IG along with whatever car shows and events I go to amounting to over 30 posts so far and I still only have about 50 followers.. I've seen some pages with less than 10 posts but they have thousands of followers. It's all so political unless you get lucky somehow.
Oh no you're good man. I was giving more details about it. I do believe our cars are overall a lost cause in the aftermarket world.

I think it's becoming the same as the 240sx world. Throw cheap parts on it or knock offs. Slam it. Add an airplane jet wing to only go slower. That's how most of the G's are in Dallas. Low and slow with a lot of vaping **** flying out the window.

I only know of total of three people who strive to go faster in the G/Z community in Dallas. One guy has a red 370z at 900 some whp. Very cool guy. But it's like a rare thing to see, so when we do meet by coincidence it's a cool thing to see what we did and how they overcame this situation or that.

Do you still have your car?
Old 01-07-2021, 03:32 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Oh no you're good man. I was giving more details about it. I do believe our cars are overall a lost cause in the aftermarket world.

I think it's becoming the same as the 240sx world. Throw cheap parts on it or knock offs. Slam it. Add an airplane jet wing to only go slower. That's how most of the G's are in Dallas. Low and slow with a lot of vaping **** flying out the window.

I only know of total of three people who strive to go faster in the G/Z community in Dallas. One guy has a red 370z at 900 some whp. Very cool guy. But it's like a rare thing to see, so when we do meet by coincidence it's a cool thing to see what we did and how they overcame this situation or that.

Do you still have your car?
I don't have my coupe anymore. It was parked and someone decided to ram into it, slide it sideways for 20 feet up onto the sidewalk and just drive away.... I seriously loved that car. but now I have a 2011 sedan, but it's bone stock other than a custom exhaust. I like this car but my coupe was just more fun and just felt like more of a sports car. Sure you can make sedans look and feel sporty, but it takes a lot more work. Mine being basically stock looks like a mom car sometimes. I never felt like that with the coupe.

It is a downer that the infiniti community are just stance boys for the most part. A good number of people on here seem to be performance based at least though. There's a ton that I want to do with my car so I would enjoy it more, I just can't afford it right now.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:52 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

I don't have my coupe anymore. It was parked and someone decided to ram into it, slide it sideways for 20 feet up onto the sidewalk and just drive away.... I seriously loved that car. but now I have a 2011 sedan, but it's bone stock other than a custom exhaust. I like this car but my coupe was just more fun and just felt like more of a sports car. Sure you can make sedans look and feel sporty, but it takes a lot more work. Mine being basically stock looks like a mom car sometimes. I never felt like that with the coupe.

It is a downer that the infiniti community are just stance boys for the most part. A good number of people on here seem to be performance based at least though. There's a ton that I want to do with my car so I would enjoy it more, I just can't afford it right now.
I hear ya. Make more money somehow and continue the fun my man.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:04 PM
kpjc4eva
Registered Member

A quick update for those reading this.

Switched over to e85 from c16.

While dyno'ing we found an issue with the fuel system where it was choking up some fuel. Resolving that sometime today.

Car made some decent power at 24psi.

Quick Reply: Two Years in the Making...