Build Threads

Project Juliette

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Calee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Project Juliette

Hello there y'all. I've been on this forum for close to a year now, just posting some questions and scrolling through other people's builds. I am finally starting my build thread. I got my 2011 G37 Coupe in Moonlight White around the beginning of senior year in Highschool(Graduated 2012) and was always held back from modding because my mom thought it was only for hoodlums, or "rice burners"(not calling anyone or any car brand out, to each their own).Project Juliette-img_4939.jpg
I finally decided to take it into my own hands and start the process without her knowing I used to attend UCSB, University of California at Santa Barbara from 2012-2013, around April I decided to leave UCSB due to a major change(went from BioPsychology to Business, UCSB does not offer any Business majors.) The last day of school of the quarter that I knew I was going to leave, I decided to order the Infiniti Sport muffler because I wanted to keep the VQ note but just make it louder.Project Juliette-img_1936.jpg
This was the first official "Mod" done to my car and I was very happy to be able to complete it on my own (I know it was nothing much, but I'm still glad I did it on my own.) Months passed by and I wanted to make my car look different so I decided to plastidip my rims, front logo, and trunk spoiler on my own(worst decision ever.) Project Juliette-img_2489.jpg
Project Juliette-img_2482.jpg
Project Juliette-img_2485.jpg
Sorry about the quality of pics, I really had no intention of taking official pictures of my car back then, so I said screw it i'm going to just take pictures with my phone.

Last edited by Calee; 06-30-2014 at 10:31 PM. Reason: reupdated picture
Old 07-01-2014, 08:02 AM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice ride. Some of my first mods were plasti dip and mufflers and all my photos are with my cellphone too I think the front grill would look cool all black with the logo chrome if you ever decide to redo it.. Any future mods planned? How about some tints?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro and nice car for just a couple years out of high school

As far as "worst decision ever" I'm sure you've made worse decisions, ones that wouldn't just peel off, lol. At least that's one of the pros of Plastidip

At any rate, off to a nice start, keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:32 AM
DBall

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What about the plastidipping of those parts was the "worst decision ever"? I was thinking about blacking mine out too (maybe vinyl or dip).
Old 07-01-2014, 09:57 AM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I'm pretty sure he is saying that because he didn't do it right if you look close enough you will see how the dip peeled off on the corners and border of the rims.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Calee

DBall it was only a bad idea cause I didn't do it properly and layed 3 coats in the worst way possible, when done correctly Plasti-Dip can be very nice and clean.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM
DBall

Originally Posted by Calee
DBall it was only a bad idea cause I didn't do it properly and layed 3 coats in the worst way possible, when done correctly Plasti-Dip can be very nice and clean.
Ahh... ok. Thanks for the response!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Calee

Sorry guys I was too tired to keep posting yesterday just got back from vacation.
Continued:
(I didn't think tints would be considered a "Mod" so I decided not to list it, but I got tints after 3 months of owning my car, 15% Rear, 25% Drivers/Passenger side)
So after a few more months after plasti dipping I finally wanted to have my car look different but still within boundaries. I visited a local shop that is reputable and sought advice and help from them. I finally decided after seeing a Black Chrome wrapped 6-series outside their shop that Black Chrome was going to be the defining difference between my G37 and everyone else's.
I decided to go with a color matched front logo, and black chrome grill, fog light accents, trunk spoiler, emblems and logos on the trunk. Along with the accents, I decided to get 6K LEDs for all the interior lights, fog/parking lights, reverse lights, and license plate lights. Project Juliette-hdr-80.jpg
Project Juliette-dsc_0755.jpg
Project Juliette-img_2729.jpg
At the same time, I decided to go with some concaved wheels, while lowering my car. I purchased Vossen VVS-CV1's along with Tein SS-P Coilovers, and lowered it 1.5" all around.
Project Juliette-img_2755.jpg
I would like to give a shoutout and thank you to Dynamic Turbo which was the shop I worked with and guided me in the direction I wanted to go towards. They were the first shop that I worked with and installed my suspension.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice updates, those Vossens are a good look, nice drop too!
The following users liked this post:
Calee (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:08 AM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Nice to see you didn't stop at the plasti dip. Front grill looks way better and the drop and wheels are looking great. Gotta make your mom change her mind with classy mods

Funny you mention Dynamic Turbo, I've had work done there before and know people who had more extensive work done there. I thought they were only here in Florida tho.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:17 AM
DBall

That is looking really awesome...
The following users liked this post:
Calee (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Calee

Thanks man, still more to post!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Calee

Cecrops, Dude I live in SoFlo. Haha so we probably live close to each other.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Calee

As time passed by, from August til' December I rode around town like that, wheels, lowered, and black chrome, etc. I finally decided I wanted an even louder exhaust note, so I decided to get a Cold Air Intake, from G'reddy. It worked. The car was louder, and it even has a slight note of afterfire (commonly mistakenly called backfire), and then was where I was the happiest. And it was also Christmas too so it was a nice little present I got myself. (And this was also when I started taking more interest into automotive photography. So my friend and I decided to get some nice shots of my car one cold January Sunset(Whatever cold is in Miami. LOL) Project Juliette-img_3240.jpg

Project Juliette-img_3273.jpg

Project Juliette-img_3475.jpg

Project Juliette-img_3476.jpg

Project Juliette-img_3478.jpg
Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Calee

Even more time went on and I couldn't figure out what was missing from the equation. Eventually I found out that I was missing a gloss black roof wrap. Done by the very best, Rod Wraps, I got the roof wrap done and saw that they were great at what they do, and they spend quality time on your car. Project Juliette-img_4081.jpg

Project Juliette-img_4097.jpg

I also noticed that with the White and Black Chrome color scheme going on, I was missing some more black chrome which should come from the wheels. I got the faces of the CV1's wrapped as well.
Project Juliette-img_4147.jpg

Project Juliette-img_4140.jpg

Project Juliette-img_4148.jpg

Quick Reply: Project Juliette