Ryne's Graphite Shadow AWD G37 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by G37xhibeet
M4 convertible? Love it!!!
435i Vert M Sport with a ton of M Performance Add On Parts. I'll get better pictures soon.

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
Congrats on the new ride.

Did you consider any other 'mods' or did you know this was what you wanted?
I knew I wanted a BMW and boost. Was between 335is, 435i, M3/M4. I couldn't justify the price of an M4 over this, nor do I want those payments, lol.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
435i Vert M Sport with a ton of M Performance Add On Parts. I'll get better pictures soon.

I knew I wanted a BMW and boost. Was between 335is, 435i, M3/M4. I couldn't justify the price of an M4 over this, nor do I want those payments, lol.
Ouch Ryne, that hurts to see you going to a Beem, but you picked an awesome ride. I know you're going to put your special touches on that, congrats bro!

I'm really interested in that new M2, they seem to be going back to their ultimate driving machine roots lately.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:30 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
435i
I heard that. There are some solid bang for the buck Bemmer options out there without having to sell your soul to the devil.

Nothing against a M4, i'd drive it. I just wouldn't want to pay for it either. But there are other options out there equal in quality of the interior and equal if not an all around better performer for less coin. i.e. the Camaro 2SS. But the M4 looks a LOT better IMHO (not a big fan of the Camaro body style, but that V8... )
Old 08-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ouch Ryne, that hurts to see you going to a Beem, but you picked an awesome ride. I know you're going to put your special touches on that, congrats bro!

I'm really interested in that new M2, they seem to be going back to their ultimate driving machine roots lately.
Thanks!, I'll definitely still be around this forum! The M2 is definitely an enticing car, but very hard to find. I also didn't want too raw of a car since this is my DD.

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
I heard that. There are some solid bang for the buck Bemmer options out there without having to sell your soul to the devil.

Nothing against a M4, i'd drive it. I just wouldn't want to pay for it either. But there are other options out there equal in quality of the interior and equal if not an all around better performer for less coin. i.e. the Camaro 2SS. But the M4 looks a LOT better IMHO (not a big fan of the Camaro body style, but that V8... )
This interior is perfect for my taste:

M Sport Steering Wheel:

M Performance Carbon Fiber Shifter and E Brake with Alcantara Boot:

Harman Kardon Surround Sound:

A shot of the M Performance rear diffuser and M Performance exhaust:
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 11:01 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Damn, that red looks fantastic. As well as the rest of the interior. But that red really catches you...
Old 08-09-2016, 12:11 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Old 08-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by kennyz424
I love the VrrrrrWhishGargle sound of this car. Intoxicating. The MPGs are pretty good too!
Old 08-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Broski28
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Congrats man!!

How do you like it in comparison to the G?

I've been torn between getting another coupe, most likely an IPL or the 435. Granted the M is more expensive but it has it's reasoning's.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

M Sport Steering Wheel:

M Performance Carbon Fiber Shifter and E Brake with Alcantara Boot:

Harman Kardon Surround Sound:

A shot of the M Performance rear diffuser and M Performance exhaust:
[/quote]

So beautiful
Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by Broski28
Congrats man!!

How do you like it in comparison to the G?

I've been torn between getting another coupe, most likely an IPL or the 435. Granted the M is more expensive but it has it's reasoning's.
Thanks!

They drive very different, most notably the difference in torque. I really enjoyed the G, but this car definitely doesn't disappoint.

One thing I have found odd is the fact that in the less than week I've had this car I have had more random strangers compliment the car than in the 3 years I owned the G, at any stage of modifying it. This struck me as odd since I think both cars are really great looking.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:35 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Thanks!

They drive very different, most notably the difference in torque. I really enjoyed the G, but this car definitely doesn't disappoint.

One thing I have found odd is the fact that in the less than week I've had this car I have had more random strangers compliment the car than in the 3 years I owned the G, at any stage of modifying it. This struck me as odd since I think both cars are really great looking.
Yep, I have found that out also. When I had my vette everywhere I stopped I got comments. In 10 months with this car nothing....car looks great! Good luck!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:16 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
That's amazing Ryne!! I'm a bit late to the news of you getting rid of the G. However, that BMW is WOW! Congrats!!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
That's amazing Ryne!! I'm a bit late to the news of you getting rid of the G. However, that BMW is WOW! Congrats!!
Thanks! One of my favorite parts is the low end torque. The bump in MPGs is a welcome surprise.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

I'm checking in to tell you all the great things I've done to my BMW. So far I drive it and put I winter tires on it.

I'm really surprised the mod itch hasn't caught me yet.

My winter tire choice was Michelin Alpin PA4 N0 (The N0 model is the directional model designed for Porsche). I can honestly say that RWD with snow tires is more confidence inspiring than my AWD G37 with what I consider to be the best all season tires (Continental DWS).

So far the car has been a pleasure to drive and I can't wait to have top down weather again (I'm sure G37 Vert owners know what I'm talking about, lol). I did actually take advantage of a 50 degree day and drop the top with the windows up and heat blasting. It felt like I was cheating having the top down in January and it wasn't bad at all. This weekend is supposed to be mild so...

Anyways, it's a BMW so I'm sure half of you are wondering how many times I've had the car towed or if it has self destructed yet. Well, so far it's all good and smooth sailing. I've just taken it in for minor things like warranty trim pieces and such to tidy it up (since it was a used car). I had it aligned, mostly due to the fact that the winter tires and my new anticipated summer tires are jaw dropping expensive.

You guys can expect a mod soon though since my stock wheels have been dedicated to winter service.

Last edited by Ryne; 01-19-2017 at 05:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ryne:
blnewt (01-19-2017), ShuuraRG (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 08:50 PM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
I'm checking in to tell you all the great things I've done to my BMW. So far I drive it and put I winter tires on it.

I'm really surprised the mod itch hasn't caught me yet.

My winter tire choice was Michelin Alpin PA4 N0 (The N0 model is the directional model designed for Porsche). I can honestly say that RWD with snow tires is more confidence inspiring than my AWD G37 with what I consider to be the best all season tires (Continental DWS).

So far the car has been a pleasure to drive and I can't wait to have top down weather again (I'm sure G37 Vert owners know what I'm talking about, lol). I did actually take advantage of a 50 degree day and drop the top with the windows up and heat blasting. It felt like I was cheating having the top down in January and it wasn't bad at all. This weekend is supposed to be mild so...

Anyways, it's a BMW so I'm sure half of you are wondering how many times I've had the car towed or if it has self destructed yet. Well, so far it's all good and smooth sailing. I've just taken it in for minor things like warranty trim pieces and such to tidy it up (since it was a used car). I had it aligned, mostly due to the fact that the winter tires and my new anticipated summer tires are jaw dropping expensive.

You guys can expect a mod soon though since my stock wheels have been dedicated to winter service.
Good stuff Ryne!! I too wondered if it's been to the shop yet! Just kidding! Sounds like you're having a blast! Only, we need videos or it didn't happen...

Quick Reply: Ryne's Graphite Shadow AWD G37 Coupe