Build Threads

G37S GTM Stage 2 Twin Turbo Build by Project X

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
Oh snap, the cat is out the bag! Good stuff Jared. Great addition to an already great looking ride.
Haha, yup Tev... had to let it out! And thanks bud!

Originally Posted by Djfarhan
looks like ur puttign a jet turbine in there :P
Hopefully it feels like it too!

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Great stuff man! Let me know how you like your Spec Clutch.
I will for sure! The shop just built (well the guy actually keeps adding but) an amazing 600whp white nismo 370z that I am sure most of you have seen pics of here and there and it has this same clutch in it... they really like it in the Z and recommended it over OS even for drivability. They chatter was not bad at all on the Z and the pedal felt very good. I will definitely keep you posted though... Is Spec even an option for your setup though?

Originally Posted by dongagan
Nice. That's going to sound sweet and be a rocket.
Haha, this is why we do it right? My painfully sore wallet certainly hopes so!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Congrats Jared. Looks like the excitement has begun for you. Best of luck with a smooth and successful build.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
I'm sure it's a reputable shop and all but they dont have a lift?
lol They have two in their new location. They are also super busy now with summer just around the corner due to all the shows/meets here in Chicago coming up.

OP, been meaning to stop by there. I'm going to try by the end of this week. Congrats!

Eli, Chris and Larry will do it right.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I was already super jealous of your G! Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Cant wait to see it finally finished. Doing it all top nitch. Looks amazing. Hopefully you can make it down for a show so I can see it in person!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Just PM'ed you about body components. Awesome build you got going on! I'm awaiting the TT kit for my G37x Coupe. Fingers crossed this week.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Congrats Jared. Looks like the excitement has begun for you. Best of luck with a smooth and successful build.
Thank you sir! Now you just need to come off of that authentic kit of yours so I can finally be 100% proud of this build!!! Or track down that one CF one (Josh's old one?)!!!

Originally Posted by efuseakay
lol They have two in their new location. They are also super busy now with summer just around the corner due to all the shows/meets here in Chicago coming up.

OP, been meaning to stop by there. I'm going to try by the end of this week. Congrats!

Eli, Chris and Larry will do it right.
My car will most likely still be there! and thank you! Yeah, that shop is amazing and a great group of guys all around. I show on their team as well.

Originally Posted by Can'tGme
I was already super jealous of your G! Can't wait to see it finished!
haha, thanks man, and yeah... you and me both!!!

Originally Posted by Buckeye G
Cant wait to see it finally finished. Doing it all top nitch. Looks amazing. Hopefully you can make it down for a show so I can see it in person!!!!
Haha, finished is always a relative term... Still need some pointlessly monsterous brakes now and I have some nice ideas to complete the interior as well!

Always keep me posted of shows if you remember! I am always down for a trip back to the OH! Thank you for the kind words as well!

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
Just PM'ed you about body components. Awesome build you got going on! I'm awaiting the TT kit for my G37x Coupe. Fingers crossed this week.
PM'ed you back bud! I hope your kit gets to you soon!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM
TheGspot37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool...make sure to post some vids!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by TheGspot37s
Very cool...make sure to post some vids!
I definitely plan on making some videos displaying this kit in action and in idle!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Also, I checked with Motordyne themselves as well as a few otehr sources on the TPs with an F/I application and they stated that there should be no issue and that it will definitely be an improvement over cats...

So this must be personal accounts that you guys may be recalling? Any insight would help but we are definitely moving forward with these TPs so I guess I will let everyone know for sure how it works for my setup!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Also, I checked with Motordyne themselves as well as a few otehr sources on the TPs with an F/I application and they stated that there should be no issue and that it will definitely be an improvement over cats...

So this must be personal accounts that you guys may be recalling? Any insight would help but we are definitely moving forward with these TPs so I guess I will let everyone know for sure how it works for my setup!
I am in the planning stages of a TT build as well and collecting supporting mods here and there. My most recent pickup is a gently used set of Mortordyne ART pipes as well (thanks dk85!) and from my research I don't see any problems whatsoever. Obviously a full 3" system with no cats or restrictions would make more maximum power than most smaller diameter systems. But nothing credible I found suggested that the ART pipes are a more of a hindrance any more than any other test pipes available. Certainly will produce better gains than OEM cats or HFC. If anyone can point to something I'm missing, I'd be very appreciative.

In absence of that, I say proceed Jared.
The following users liked this post:
Chi-City-G (05-02-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
I hereby announce 2013 the year of the boosted!

No seriously... Looks like everyone is getting some boost.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
I hereby announce 2013 the year of the boosted!

No seriously... Looks like everyone is getting some boost.
5 years into the G37's life is about time for more people to start FI builds. GTM's affordable kit is another factor. In another 5 to 7 years they'll be like Miatas and 240s, every kid with a couple grand and drifting aspirations will have one in his garage building it to varying degrees of success. some will make us proud to own it, some will make us cringe. The nice ones like Jared's and yours will always stand out though. Hell, we are already at that point of them being either Nice or Rice. Look at the cars and mods in this forum, it's not hard to tell which is which. Fortunately IMO we have a good group of members who are doing quality mods who are willing to share info with and help others mod in a quality over quantity way without being snobbish or jackholes.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

^ haha, I hope the day never comes that I will not be able to have some pride when lining up next to a Miata or 240 but I do agree with all that was said really.

Car update: not going to be ready on Friday... (Shocker) I told them that time taken to do it right is more important than overall time taken to complete to me so no worries... Dyno appt will be bumped back one week to 5.10.2013 ... so until then... a few more pics of the paint work being done and the install complete is all I hope to be able to update the thread with, but definitely will do so.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice man! Great build!
The following users liked this post:
Chi-City-G (05-02-2013)

Quick Reply: G37S GTM Stage 2 Twin Turbo Build by Project X