Build Threads

Robert_K's Build Thread (G37S)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Dad
Hey Robert K, just caught this thread. First congrats on your new family member! It really is something ain't it?! Mine is 16 now and he loves taking my G out for spins!!! Second, thank you for your service. I was around for the first one back in the early 90's. HOO AHH.
I would like your opinion of the Swift springs in comparison to the stock "S" set-up. I also have a G37S sedan but it's a 2010. I read another post where the owner felt the springs bounced him into the side of the road on fast turns. Do you feel an improvement in the handling in high-speed cornering or was stock better? I like the look of the drop but it's totally secondary to the fact that I want to "upgrade" the handling. Already have the Hotchkis sways and that is a world of difference. Also, is ride quality similar to the firmness of the "S" ride or is it much stiffer?
Thanks! Enjoying the new kiddo though I depart today to head back to Iraq.

I enjoy the Swift springs. I honestly haven't noticed any change in ride comfort from the OEM sport springs. Of course I did the sways and wheels/tires at the same time. But I don't think they make any difference to the springs. The sways help reduce the body roll and I still want to play with the rear setting as I like my car(s) a little more tail happy. Mainly, IMO, the Swift springs give it a lowered/aggressive stance. And if that is what you're going for, I say get them.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Take care over yonder...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Updated the first post with most up-to-date info and pic.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert_K
Updated the first post with most up-to-date info and pic.
Well done
How long before you're stateside? Be carefull over there my friend, look forward to whatever else you've got planned when you return (any teasers about future plans?)
Old 05-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Thanks. Don't know when I'll be home again. Future plans??? OEM Sport Lip and really considering headers. We'll see though as I want to sell my Z.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not posting much here but I read a lot of your posts. Really interesting and informative. Nice build up. Really like the wheels. Hope to hear from you soon.
Have a safe trip and be careful.

Ray
The following users liked this post:
Robert_K (05-26-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks. Don't know when I'll be home again. Future plans??? OEM Sport Lip and really considering headers. We'll see though as I want to sell my Z.
What?! New project in mind?
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Rob,

Keep safe & thank you!
More mods when you are back stateside.

From Sgt. (Dragion) W.Fong of the The U.S. Army (retired)
Robert_K (05-26-2013)
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
What?! New project in mind?
Forth Gen Viper.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:25 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Thinking of painting my front grille to match the face of my wheels. Leaving the outer grille chrome. Thoughts?

Also looking to order the OEM front sport lip, headers, HFC and, replace the Tanabe y-pipe and axle back with full CBE. Wish I knew before purchasing that Tanabe didn't make a complete CBE for the sedan. Lack of full research on my part I guess.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Thinking of painting my front grille to match the face of my wheels. Leaving the outer grille chrome. Thoughts?

Also looking to order the OEM front sport lip, headers, HFC and, replace the Tanabe y-pipe and axle back with full CBE. Wish I knew before purchasing that Tanabe didn't make a complete CBE for the sedan. Lack of full research on my part I guess.
Unless you plan on keeping the wheels long term, then maybe.
I'm wondering if it might be too light of a contrast to go against the chrome trim...hard to say.

I might be interested in purchasing your Tanabe y-pipe & axle back exhaust...depends on my funds at that time.
Let me know.
Robert_K (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dragion
Unless you plan on keeping the wheels long term, then maybe.
I'm wondering if it might be too light of a contrast to go against the chrome trim...hard to say.

I might be interested in purchasing your Tanabe y-pipe & axle back exhaust...depends on my funds at that time.
Let me know.
Oh those wheels are not going anywhere for some time. My thinking for color matching the front grille is contrast and connection. (If that make sense. )

Gonna be at least a month or two if I do a full CBE. Since I took a long R&R in May not gonna get paid. So need to recoup some funds and savings. But will keep you in mind if/when I do sell it.
dragion (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Oh those wheels are not going anywhere for some time. My thinking for color matching the front grille is contrast and connection. (If that make sense. )
As long as those wheels are staying put, then go for the contrast & connection!
I think it would flow well and combine it together.

Gonna be at least a month or two if I do a full CBE. Since I took a long R&R in May not gonna get paid. So need to recoup some funds and savings. But will keep you in mind if/when I do sell it.
That sound like a plan...I'm on medical leave from work, so I myself is tight on the wallet!
Let me know if/when.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:32 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts

Have you decided on which CBE to go with already, or is the next month or 2 for R&D?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
How about remove the grille, put an intercooler behind it (and everything that should connect to one), put the grille back on, wash the grille and go have fun?

Robert_K (08-07-2013)

Quick Reply: Robert_K's Build Thread (G37S)