Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Tein Monoflex Coilovers with no spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 03:29 PM
All_the_Poniez

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tein Monoflex Coilovers with no spring

Monotube has no spring/adjustments and the large rear spring is maxed out

First time looking under the G. I was pleased to see a previous owner installed Tein Coilovers, But I am very confused as to how to adjust ride height with no spring or adjustments on the mono tube. The large Spring in the back appears to be completely maxed out, will loosening it give me a drop or will it just make the suspension loose? Should/can I get a spring for the mono tube?
Old 03-08-2018, 03:40 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
G37s/370Zs have a divorced spring/damper set up - you adjust ride height with the spring collar, and preload with the damper tube.

If you want it to go lower, adjust the big one on the right so that it moves UP. As you said, if that's maxed out, then that's as high as it will go. You then make the same amount of adjustment on the damper, assuming the preload was set properly in the first place.

You can get a "true" style coil-over for the rear, but since you already have mostly adjustable coils I don't see the reason to.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 04:00 PM
All_the_Poniez

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
G37s/370Zs have a divorced spring/damper set up - you adjust ride height with the spring collar, and preload with the damper tube.

If you want it to go lower, adjust the big one on the right so that it moves UP. As you said, if that's maxed out, then that's as high as it will go. You then make the same amount of adjustment on the damper, assuming the preload was set properly in the first place.

You can get a "true" style coil-over for the rear, but since you already have mostly adjustable coils I don't see the reason to.
The rear adjustble spring appears to be maxed at the highest lift. I assume turning the collar counter- clockwise and "Loosening" the spring will give me a drop. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by All_the_Poniez
The rear adjustble spring appears to be maxed at the highest lift. I assume turning the collar counter- clockwise and "Loosening" the spring will give me a drop. Thank you!
Yep, pretty much! Loosen the top collar and move it away, then slowly move the lower collar until it's where you want. Then lock it up again with the top collar.