Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Suspension Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 04:33 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Suspension Refresh

I am planning on replacing some wear items soon. I was thinking of the Tein Coilovers and then getting other wear parts at the same time. I have a G37s with 164k, what parts do you recommend getting? If I lower the car by an inch or less, would I be okay going without camber adjustment?
Old 05-08-2017, 05:10 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I would suggest replacing all the rubber bushings in control arms. Upon reading the many drop threads you'll find that a one inch drop shouldn't need a camber kit. You did read them, right?
Old 05-08-2017, 05:43 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
I wanted verification. What do you recommend for replacement bushings? I saw some hard bushings for sale. Makes me wonder how much more stiff it would ride. I would like to get some poly bushings if available, the only issue is the squeak that could go on. I would like to replace the bushings on my sways to poly as well. Concept Z Performance has some nice parts.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Bommerang
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
If you're thinking Tein Basis coilovers, I made the same choice and have never once regretted. Amazing price, OEM-like ride quality and the drop range isn't too aggressive. It would be in your interest to get camber kits if you're replacing suspension and planning on lowering more than an inch down the road regardless. I suggest dipping into the numerous coilover/camber kit threads so you can get a lot more opinions.
The following users liked this post:
ezbme (05-08-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Trans and motor mounts. Sway bar endlinks subframe bushings strut spring pads
Old 05-10-2017, 07:07 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by ezbme
I saw some hard bushings for sale. Makes me wonder how much more stiff it would ride. I would like to get some poly bushings if available, the only issue is the squeak that could go on. I would like to replace the bushings on my sways to poly as well. Concept Z Performance has some nice parts.
I would not use poly bushings in controls arms unless your a really hard case are it's a dedicated track car. I did that to my Sentra SE-R and had to quit driving it on the street the ride was so bad. You would not believe how much rubber bushings dampen out road imperfections. I could drive over coins and tell you the denominations.