Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Ride comfortability

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 AM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ride comfortability

Hey guys was just wondering what I can install to help with the stability of the car and the ride comfortability. Im on bc br coils right now and my ride is soo harsh and bouncy right now and I know its due to the coils but I feel like there has to be solutions to get more comfort like sway bars or strut bars or something like that. Just anything to make my ride a little better.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Are they damping adjustable coilovers? If they are try that. Adding other suspension parts will not help.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:47 PM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by Crazyirish
Are they damping adjustable coilovers? If they are try that. Adding other suspension parts will not help.
Yea they are. I have to adjust the dampening but what would be the benefit of sway bars and strut bar then?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Crazyirish
Premier Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Sway Bars increase roll stiffness, and strut bars increase the rigidity of the areas they mount to by tying them together.

If you want a more in depth explanation there are literally hundred of articles about them available.
The following 2 users liked this post by Crazyirish:
1cleanG (03-28-2017), hockeyzbh (03-29-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 02:57 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by hockeyzbh
Hey guys was just wondering what I can install to help with the stability of the car and the ride comfortability. Im on bc br coils right now and my ride is soo harsh and bouncy right now and I know its due to the coils but I feel like there has to be solutions to get more comfort like sway bars or strut bars or something like that. Just anything to make my ride a little better.
Originally Posted by Crazyirish
^^^ correct

Also, if you feel they're "bouncey" start w/ the dampening. Otherwise we can upgrade/swap out your spring rates as well if that's the issue. Are you running on base BC coilover springs? standard rates?

Your rates will depend on where you live(road conditions), and the type of driving you do
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 AM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by 1cleanG
^^^ correct

Also, if you feel they're "bouncey" start w/ the dampening. Otherwise we can upgrade/swap out your spring rates as well if that's the issue. Are you running on base BC coilover springs? standard rates?

Your rates will depend on where you live(road conditions), and the type of driving you do
I believe so. Problem is I bought the car from someone so I am not exactly sure what the rates he had on them are. But they definitely do not feel that right. They are very bouncy. I believe they are base tho
Old 04-11-2017, 02:27 PM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
when you say its "soo harsh and bouncy" what do you really mean?

I am trying to guess your scenario, you probably meant it's too stiff?
If you are coming from a non-sporty stock car, G37 is pretty stiff on stock suspension. Also, versus other cars, its chassis is pretty stiff too.

I had the similar complaint when I moved from my good old 2004 Acura TL to 2012 G37 coupe. I actually returned the car the next day for a 2012 sedan for it being too stiff/harsh for me.

Later I realized that the sedan is also pretty stiff and I can no longer return the car lol, so I learned to live with it. And then, I kinda like this and added coil overs and other suspension parts.

In your case, you probably jumped to the advanced level of sportiness right off the bat , since you bought this car with all these parts on.

I would say, you should let someone who owns a sporty car, try your car and get their take.

make sure it's not an STI owner because he would suggest that your car is too soft lol.

Last edited by main_shoby; 04-11-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
hockeyzbh

Originally Posted by main_shoby
when you say its "soo harsh and bouncy" what do you really mean?

I am trying to guess your scenario, you probably meant it's too stiff?
If you are coming from a non-sporty stock car, G37 is pretty stiff on stock suspension. Also, versus other cars, its chassis is pretty stiff too.

I had the similar complaint when I moved from my good old 2004 Acura TL to 2012 G37 coupe. I actually returned the car the next day for a 2012 sedan for it being too stiff/harsh for me.

Later I realized that the sedan is also pretty stiff and I can no longer return the car lol, so I learned to live with it. And then, I kinda like this and added coil overs and other suspension parts.

In your case, you probably jumped to the advanced level of sportiness right off the bat , since you bought this car with all these parts on.

I would say, you should let someone who owns a sporty car, try your car and get their take.

make sure it's not an STI owner because he would suggest that your car is too soft lol.

Haha im not too much a newbie to sporty cars. I had an Altima 3.5sr coupe before this lowered on eibach springs and had custom exhaust and stuff like that. This is the first car ive had that had coils on it tho so that may be it. But I cant tell if its too stiff or not stiff enough. Basically when I hit a little bump the car bounces all around. Its weird but could very well just be the dampening
Old 11-30-2022, 12:14 AM
yehanm4a1
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recently the dealer says my strut is sipping on 100k miles (Mine is a 2013 RWD sedan w/ sport brake). I'm thinking if I need to replace, any option I can get a softer ride than OE? Looks like most after mkt like koni KYB etc are going to stiffer side.....