Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Alignment Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Alignment Help

I just got back from doing an alignment and here are my specs. I'm not an expert but something still feels a little bit off. My steering is still off center and pulls to the right...I've read that this is a safety feature? If I'm planning to track the car this season, are these specs acceptable? The mechanics recommended that I go with an aftermarket kit (SPC?) if I want to dial it in perfectly.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Should be able to balance that rear camber better than that, hopefully around -1.5 all around would be better in back. Is it always pulling to the right? Most roadways are angled downward from the center out and in that case your car will drift to the right.
Having steering off center should be an easy correction w/ your tie rods. Might want to try another shop perhaps.

What are you lowered on and how much drop?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:46 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

After trying to drive it on the highway, the car wants to kick the rear out and the steering wheel is tilted to the right about 15° to make it drive straight. I dropped it off at the shop again to have them look at it again and redo the alignment.

Is there a DIY for correcting the steering wheel with tie rods?

I'm on stock suspension and not lowered/dropped. If they can't pinpoint the issue, I'll have to limp it to another shop. Any suggestions for suspension experts in NJ?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

The shop realigned the car and the steering is tolerable now. However, it looks like my front camber specs are way out of wack and the rear left camber arm should also be replaced. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm deciding between SPC and Voodoo13 front upper control arms (SPL is out of price range) and might just go with OEM in the rear since I'm not looking for a drop or excessive negative camber.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Maybe this was mentioned elsewhere but was your G in an accident or did you hit a jarring pothole or something that could have damaged some suspension parts? From the looks of your spec sheets it appears something may be bent or???
Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Maybe this was mentioned elsewhere but was your G in an accident or did you hit a jarring pothole or something that could have damaged some suspension parts? From the looks of your spec sheets it appears something may be bent or???
Your memory serves you well! I hit a curb trying to avoid someone who wandered onto the wrong side of the street, and saving my life meant bending my camber arm (at least what was visible). The tech is guessing that my rear left camber arm is also slightly bent and the fronts surely need to be replaced.

I wanted to hit the track with stock suspension as a baseline, but with recent events there's little reason to buy another OEM suspension setup only to upgrade in the near future.