Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

HELP~All squared setups please post here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:40 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by SurreyG
I have a G37XS lowred on Swift Springs. I was looking to purchase some wheels off a coworker they are
19x10 + 20 255/40/19
19x 8.5 +15 235/40/19

I know they aren't squared up but would they fit? Fender issues? Would just the rims be okay if I squared them up with 245/40/19 all around?

Thanks.
Those are going to be aggressive, especially if your XS is a sedan. It would be easier to give a green light if you weren't AWD as diameter differences at 1% or more can create issues w/ the AWD system. If you run 245s all around your diameter difference will be slight but may get to be bad over time as your rear tires wear faster than the front and being stretched in back but standard mount in front may create a slight difference in diameters.
IMO you'd be better off looking for wheels w/ an offset that won't require heavy camber and possibly fender mods to make them fit.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:41 AM
SurreyG

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Those are going to be aggressive, especially if your XS is a sedan. It would be easier to give a green light if you weren't AWD as diameter differences at 1% or more can create issues w/ the AWD system. If you run 245s all around your diameter difference will be slight but may get to be bad over time as your rear tires wear faster than the front and being stretched in back but standard mount in front may create a slight difference in diameters.
IMO you'd be better off looking for wheels w/ an offset that won't require heavy camber and possibly fender mods to make them fit.
Thanks for the insight. So I'm guessing that with that setup I'm either going to have fender or camber issues regardless of how close I can get the wheel size to factory diameter?
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Thanks for the insight. So I'm guessing that with that setup I'm either going to have fender or camber issues regardless of how close I can get the wheel size to factory diameter?
Since the wheels are your co-workers you could try a test fit just to see firsthand what you'd be dealing with. And yeah, getting those diameters front to rear virtually equal is of prime importance.
G/L and if you have more fitment questions feel free. BTW, coupe or sedan?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:07 PM
SurreyG

Since the wheels are your co-workers you could try a test fit just to see firsthand what you'd be dealing with. And yeah, getting those diameters front to rear virtually equal is of prime importance.
G/L and if you have more fitment questions feel free. BTW, coupe or sedan?
It's a Sedan. So he's offered to sell just the rims alone. I'm guessing if I get my own rubber using online calculators if I get them close to 1% difference, do you think I'll still have issues it better off with some other rims?
Old 08-01-2015, 12:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

It's a Sedan. So he's offered to sell just the rims alone. I'm guessing if I get my own rubber using online calculators if I get them close to 1% difference, do you think I'll still have issues it better off with some other rims?
If you had a coupe you'd have more room to fit in the fender, a sedan would be really tough. Also you said these were from a Lexus, if they have teh Lexus bore 60.1mm you'd have to get them machined to fit the Infiniti 66.1mm bore. If they're aftermarket wheels they should be over-bored so you'd be OK. Personally I'd keep looking, you want a G that's easy to drive day to day, ones that are running heavy camber and slammed to get the proper tuck can be a chore just getting around. And if you have to do any fender work it might turn out looking bad and trying to sell your G later might be tough.
Let me know what style rims you're wanting, should be able to find some that would work w/ your budget and be 100% easier to fit
Old 08-01-2015, 12:47 PM
SurreyG

If you had a coupe you'd have more room to fit in the fender, a sedan would be really tough. Also you said these were from a Lexus, if they have teh Lexus bore 60.1mm you'd have to get them machined to fit the Infiniti 66.1mm bore. If they're aftermarket wheels they should be over-bored so you'd be OK. Personally I'd keep looking, you want a G that's easy to drive day to day, ones that are running heavy camber and slammed to get the proper tuck can be a chore just getting around. And if you have to do any fender work it might turn out looking bad and trying to sell your G later might be tough.
Let me know what style rims you're wanting, should be able to find some that would work w/ your budget and be 100% easier to fit
Thanks they are STR 607 wheels. I noticed a few others have put them on, but couldn't find any AWD's Sedans that have them on, and of course slightly lowered on Swifts.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Surrey check your PM since this is now off topic (not a squared setup)
Old 08-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Finally squared my setup with stock 10 spoke 19x9 sport rims.. my next step is spacers by B2 auto designs.. would I be ok with 15mm all the way around to make them flush? thanx
Old 08-01-2015, 08:31 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Xenolith666
Finally squared my setup with stock 10 spoke 19x9 sport rims.. my next step is spacers by B2 auto designs.. would I be ok with 15mm all the way around to make them flush? thanx
Get some foam or even a small paperback book that's 15mm thick and lay it along the tire sidewall, this should give you a better visual than just a measuring tape, typically 5mm wider in back gives a more even fit but YMMV.
so a 15mm front 20mm rear, but do that check just to be sure.
B2 is a great vendor BTW.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Get some foam or even a small paperback book that's 15mm thick and lay it along the tire sidewall, this should give you a better visual than just a measuring tape, typically 5mm wider in back gives a more even fit but YMMV.
so a 15mm front 20mm rear, but do that check just to be sure.
B2 is a great vendor BTW.
thanx Newt, I'll give that a try..

also.. I really want to drop this thing.. it's still stock height.. but I just want some springs.. I know there's a billion threads about this.. but do I really need a camber correction kit or not.. everyone has a different opinion. SPC camber kits (front and back) run about $500 for the set.. I would probably just get Eibachs for the moderate drop.. lots of steep incline driveways here in florida and I don't feel like ripping off my front end whilst keeping my bank intact.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:40 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Xenolith666
thanx Newt, I'll give that a try..

also.. I really want to drop this thing.. it's still stock height.. but I just want some springs.. I know there's a billion threads about this.. but do I really need a camber correction kit or not.. everyone has a different opinion. SPC camber kits (front and back) run about $500 for the set.. I would probably just get Eibachs for the moderate drop.. lots of steep incline driveways here in florida and I don't feel like ripping off my front end whilst keeping my bank intact.
Might consider Tein Basis coilovers, they are setup for mild drops (2" or less) you could then drop it to a point where you wouldn't need camber kits, and you'll have the advantage of full shock travel. The Tein Basis are just a bit over $600 so cheaper than springs + the camber kits.

Sometimes you can get by w/ just the rear camber/toe setup & you can run rear camber bolts/toe bolts without buying the rear arms. The 2 full kits (4 bolts total) runs about $60 so another $300 or less for springs and if you DIY the install that would be about $500 w/ the alignment included.
Here's one kit (one camber bolt, one toe bolt)
SPC Performance Camber/Toe Cam Bolt Kit; Pair, Reqr's 1 per Wheel INFINITI G35
The following users liked this post:
Xenolith666 (08-02-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 02:29 AM
mkn23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering,

i'll be upgrading to akebonos on my 09 G37 sedan and currently have pretty much stock offsets for my Ray Gramlights 57F Pro 18x7.5 +47 all round, so I will need spacers

would 20mm or 25mm be better for a flush fitment? in the future i do plan on getting some adjustable coilovers to lower it, currently at stock height
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by mkn23
just wondering,

i'll be upgrading to akebonos on my 09 G37 sedan and currently have pretty much stock offsets for my Ray Gramlights 57F Pro 18x7.5 +47 all round, so I will need spacers

would 20mm or 25mm be better for a flush fitment? in the future i do plan on getting some adjustable coilovers to lower it, currently at stock height
I'd lay a piece of foam or a paperback book that's 20 to 25mm along the tires' sidewall and see the fit for yourself. It's a bit better for a visual than just going w/ a tape measure.
Also here's a couple templates you can use to see just how much spacing you'll need to clear those calipers
https://conceptzperformance.com/imag...nttemplate.pdf
https://conceptzperformance.com/imag...artemplate.pdf
Old 08-08-2015, 07:20 PM
RJ's_G37
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Quick question. i have abuddy who wants to trade me rims he has the xxr 521 20x10.5 square setup. i have a 12 sedan journey lowered on swifts . Anything i need to be aware of before doing this?. im not the best when it comes to wheels so just a heads up would help. thank in advance
Old 08-08-2015, 07:50 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by RJ's_G37
Quick question. i have abuddy who wants to trade me rims he has the xxr 521 20x10.5 square setup. i have a 12 sedan journey lowered on swifts . Anything i need to be aware of before doing this?. im not the best when it comes to wheels so just a heads up would help. thank in advance
are you lowered? depending on the offset that could poke way too much

Quick Reply: HELP~All squared setups please post here!