Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

New brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
ZEUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New brakes

So I just had Infiniti install new DBA 4000 rotors with Hawk HPS pads, Stop Tech SS lines and Moto fluid, I've only put about 60 miles since install. The pedal feels mushy and not as responsive as I expected. I really have to push down hard to fully stop or slow down. With all the upgraded parts I would have thought that my pedal would be more firm and way more responsive at initial pressure. Is this something that takes time or did they tech screw the install up? He told me that he bedded them in already. The weather conditions here in SC haven't been the best either, 64 and raining since install. Can anyone help me out or is this something I should expect from the components used? I only bought the components because they were supposed to make a more firm and responsive pedal as well as a faster stop (which does happen when pressed down hard). Hate to say it but they feel worse than stock, hell, the loaner had better pedal feel! I want to just tap the breaks with minimal pressure for the car to slow/stop. Any advice?
Old 08-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
I have the DBA 4000 rotors installed on my car and I have had the complete opposite experience as you. There may be three things going on 1. the brake pads were not bedded properly 2. there may be air in the brake lines 3. you may just have to break in the pads a little more. I have Stop Tech pads with these rotors and they work much better than stock. I noticed a difference right after the install since the brake pads were bedded in from before. I suggest you either have the infiniti techs looks at it again just to be sure.
The following users liked this post:
ZEUS10 (08-18-2013)
Old 08-24-2013, 01:41 PM
ZEUS10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, I'm going to try myself to bleed the brakes as I think this is the issue, the dealer is like and hour and a half away from me and they're not real likable.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:59 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Issue is that you have track setup now.

I had DBA 5000 2P T3 clubspec rotors on my car with NISMO pads and Moto fluid with Goodridge SS lines..

Your setup likes heat! and yes you are going to have to use more force to stop the car! This is because your fluid is cold, this fluid likes heat and also your rotors as well.

Unless you are going to be tracking your car, you are not going to have that OEM quick stop feel. Only way to get some of that back is to use OEM pads or change back to stock lines. The stock lines are bigger then SS and lets in more fluid.

Remember aftermarket is not always better!