Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Review Stance Super sport +

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 PM
THMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sweet, I'll Pm you pricing if you'd like.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
I also have Stance SS's had them on almost a month now... coming from Tien, and Swift.... i'll never go back to Springs again... easy install... dropped 25.1/2 from ground to Fender front 25.3/4 rear to give that slight dive... the ride... Sweet Smooth and Stance'n I'm on CV'5's 20x 10.5's all around you can see my drop on Vossen post up thred... Stance quality unsurpassed! Its a 1# Coilover in my book... highly recommend... but and I mean But .. those that hate Gravity... these are for the Strong hearted of Slammage! Lol...
The following users liked this post:
MidnightDiP (04-25-2014)
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 PM
slowmkv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
Sweet, I'll Pm you pricing if you'd like.
Yes please do!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM
slowmkv

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLAIR'N G372012
I also have Stance SS's had them on almost a month now... coming from Tien, and Swift.... i'll never go back to Springs again... easy install... dropped 25.1/2 from ground to Fender front 25.3/4 rear to give that slight dive... the ride... Sweet Smooth and Stance'n I'm on CV'5's 20x 10.5's all around you can see my drop on Vossen post up thred... Stance quality unsurpassed! Its a 1# Coilover in my book... highly recommend... but and I mean But .. those that hate Gravity... these are for the Strong hearted of Slammage! Lol...
Couldn't agree more! I have always owned kw's and bilsteins on my European cars and decided to switch it up with my Infiniti and I am beyond impressed.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Fry_33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been thinking of going KW V3 suspension but am starting to think that a set of these Stance SS+ coilovers is the more sensible way to go for me on the 370GT (G37). I say this as the KW V3's are quite expensive and as far as I can tell if you drop your car a decent amount you'll also need to add front and rear camber arms, another $4-500+. This stretches the price gap between the two even further, in the wrong direction. From all reviews I've seen the KW V3's provide a pretty sweet ride but how much more than something like these Stance SS+?
With the Stance SS+ you have the adjustable strut tops to handle the front camber change (I don't think KW V3 has). You might only need something like rear SPC arms so possibly an extra ~$200.

Is that what most people have experienced in terms of camber arm needs? I'm not looking to totally slam the car (like your first photos slow ) but think any decent drop will probably require at least some form of rear camber correction with the Stance SS+ kit.

I can't think of any reason why they would but no one has had any issues using Stance SS+ if not totally slammed have they? The helper spring on the SS+ kit probably removes even more potential for any issues as it can be adjusted to suit and work as efficiently as possible.

Have many people driven or lived with both the KW V3 & Stance SS+ on a G37? If so what were your thoughts?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 AM
BLAIR'N G372012

@Fry,
On the Stance, I'm currently running 20x10.5 in all 4 corners with no Kits... I still have to run a lil neg camber... just due to the +25 offset and the width of the rims... its not much though...Price wise vs KW's i'll stay with stance...not due to $$ but the flexabilty of the levels of Dampening and height... I like that Slammed look... but too not to bad to not be able to go over speed bumps... the ride I can change though I like to feel the road so I have mine set at 10... its stiff but flows on the road... remember these are "True' coilovers and not like the older GR series... but if you want to see my pics head to the wheels section and look up Vossens posting thred... with my CV5's 255/30/20... these Stance make the G look Clean IMO
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Fry_33

Thanks Blair'n your car looks great.
I've got 20" CV3's almost here, standard +32 F, +45 R for me though.
I am really thinking of just going with the Stance setup now and possibly, SPC or SPL rear camber kit if required to save myself some coin. The SPC arms look to have rubber bushes which probably keep a the vibrations etc down a little compared to the SPL ones.. that's a guess on my part from looking at the photos.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:45 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Originally Posted by Fry_33
Thanks Blair'n your car looks great.
I've got 20" CV3's almost here, standard +32 F, +45 R for me though.
I am really thinking of just going with the Stance setup now and possibly, SPC or SPL rear camber kit if required to save myself some coin. The SPC arms look to have rubber bushes which probably keep a the vibrations etc down a little compared to the SPL ones.. that's a guess on my part from looking at the photos.
Thanks... I have new pics to post soon... in the pics you seen I had my 12 bumper... I have the Aero now... but with the Stance on mine cambered in and alignment more towards specs... mechanic said if I put the toe bolt would help but the camber bolt would stick the wheel out ....so I just got the toe bolt and done... the fronts dont need a thing on them the Arm would just be wasting $$ IMO... Get the Stance on... buy the toe bolts and Done... really... these are that good... no issues at all and tires are firm on the ground... post up pics once your Vossens get on... nice choice
slowmkv (06-03-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Fry_33

After looking at this some more the top camber mounts in the Stance Front coilovers probably won't change a thing but the strut angle. You really need the adjustable upper arms to affect the camber at all on the G37 at the front. So the only thing the pillow ball upper mounts on these will do is possibly add unnecessary noise and vibrations to the system. It might not be too noticeable I guess but seems strange to add it to the kit if it's not necessary.

It makes me think a BC Racing BR RS kit might be the better way to go as they have rubber upper mounts not pillowball ones. Well that's for me anyway, 90+% street usage for me.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Originally Posted by Fry_33
After looking at this some more the top camber mounts in the Stance Front coilovers probably won't change a thing but the strut angle. You really need the adjustable upper arms to affect the camber at all on the G37 at the front. So the only thing the pillow ball upper mounts on these will do is possibly add unnecessary noise and vibrations to the system. It might not be too noticeable I guess but seems strange to add it to the kit if it's not necessary.

It makes me think a BC Racing BR RS kit might be the better way to go as they have rubber upper mounts not pillowball ones. Well that's for me anyway, 90+% street usage for me.
Fry, I totally disagree since I have them on my G...
Toe bolt and Done but too I'm running 10.5+25 all four corners... its your car... you do what makes you happy secure... I. Dont have vibrations. Squeeking sounds or anything else for that fact... your guessing ... but if any coil is done right you should have no issues... BC's are like Stance's old GR series... these are true coilovers... big difference... So till you have them dont knock it till you've tried it... youll save 2-300 if you Go BC anyhow ... Good luck!

I have them and no complaints ... ohh BTW..100% Street driving with my G...
slowmkv (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Fry_33

Yes, I am guessing there so was hoping more for feedback which I got
I guess I am basing that on a lot of feedback I've heard over the years with pillowball upper mounts Vs rubber ones being a little more harsh. In saying that I figure car suspension systems have come a long way since I first stared looking at those things ~15 years ago. I think I just need to see what the price difference is and go from there. I can't really see any drastically bad reviews of either BC or Stance in recent times which is a comforting thing regardless of which way I go.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
THMotorsports
Former Sponsor

BLAIR'N G372012 Looking good!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 PM
shawnberry45
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have these stance coilovers as well.. sounds silly but does anyone know if the rears can be adjusted to a softer setting inside the car or under? can really get to the **** thats on top...

the fronts are easy to get at.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:08 AM
THMotorsports
Former Sponsor

I would suggest purchasing the extenders if you can't get to the ****.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:08 PM
BLAIR'N G372012

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
BLAIR'N G372012 Looking good!
Thanks... I've enjoyed the Coilivers and only one touch up yesterday on the front... the Looks, the Ride and having my Dampener set at 10 is nice and stiff and peefect for my freeway driving in LA...lol

As for the question on adjustment on the rear yup they gotta come down ...or as TH says get the extenders.. I have my rears at 10 for several reasons... 1. is Weight of Fuel, 2. kids, 3. When I feel a lil heavy footed it doesnt Dump the rear as bad.. so far I like the setting migh soften the front.. but still enjoy it...

@Fry...
We all have different tastes on the ride... if you were local I'd let you take mine out for a drive and show you how these Stance SS's ride... Even my Wife and kids like the smoothness yet feel of the road.. their only complaint is the dips and speed bumps... "Dad your to LOW" lol cool

Check around Fry... see if any locals will let you see either versions... but from my end I enjoy these.. ask THMotorsports they'll hook you up!

Great service too yet the Shipping!

Quick Reply: Review Stance Super sport +