Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Wheels for liquid platinum?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:59 PM
tristanbane

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wheels for liquid platinum?

Hey guys!
Got a LP G37S myself but haven't gotten new wheels yet (still kinda far off down the list).

I just wanted to see what others thought about wheel color/style ideas for the liquid platinum colored G37's.

Personally, I don't think I'd go with black even though I love black wheels on white cars, because it would just drag the silvery, luxurious look down (Gray/Gunmetal car is a different story to me)... I don't think I'd like chrome too much either. Any recommendations? Any of the LP owners w/ awesome wheels? Pics are welcome !
Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by tristanbane
Hey guys!
Got a LP G37S myself but haven't gotten new wheels yet (still kinda far off down the list).

I just wanted to see what others thought about wheel color/style ideas for the liquid platinum colored G37's.

Personally, I don't think I'd go with black even though I love black wheels on white cars, because it would just drag the silvery, luxurious look down (Gray/Gunmetal car is a different story to me)... I don't think I'd like chrome too much either. Any recommendations? Any of the LP owners w/ awesome wheels? Pics are welcome !
I would have to say gun metal would be my choice. I want to get some gun metal wheels for my Z which is a dark gray/silverish color.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
eVitO

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I had white Volk G2's for a while, and I loved how the white contrasted against the silver. idk, that's just my opinion.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I nJoy Rice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my stock wheels painted. I like it alot very nice and contrasting. Just need to kill the rust ring on the rotors and tint.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Definately gun metal. After seeing the new silver Z's with the gun metal rims I would go with that.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:16 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+1 on gun metal/matte graphite/matte silver.

I too have LP G37 and in process of looking for new wheel that fits planned akebono bbk...once I convince myself to pull the trigger. When driving, I want the wheel to look like there is no spokes so you can see the rotor and caliper. I don't care for the 3/5 spoke design but probably gives the best desired effect...I would imagine.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:23 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Nice ride joy rice. Didn't think black wheel goes well. You kept the theme of the car by keeping it black and silver all around. I think the midnight grill made the black wheels work.

Can you please post a side profile of the entire car in better lighting if you dont mind? I am looking at an akebono bbk and paint it(don't know what color goes with LP sedan) before install.

Last edited by sneakers; 10-29-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:57 AM
amt120

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have Rays Homuras 2x7 in Dark Matte Gray. Excuse the curbed side guards in the photo.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...73288552_n.jpg
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Thanks amt for the shot. I like it! You rep us LP sedan well.

I am considering Rays wheel too but bit pricey and looking at TSW as a more affordable alternative . Do you mind sharing your decision process when you chose Rays wheel over other brand in similar price range?

What offset you running with tein coilover and any issue when you have passenger? Read quite a few members like tein or stance for quality coilover if kw was out of their price range . Seems kw is the standard everyone else is compare to.

Thanks for sharing. New to these type of stuff and the more I research the more things I need to consider. I have sway bar, tinted and front spoiler still in box. Next is either akebono bbk or wheels or coil over.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I nJoy Rice

Im in school right now but I'll take it afterwards
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I nJoy Rice

Last edited by I nJoy Rice; 10-29-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 AM
TheGanglyGoon

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Here are my two color choices so far. Have a darker silver almost gunmetal set on the way.
Black
Name:  IMG_0199.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  90.9 KB
Purple lol
Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  94.5 KB
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm a huge fan of contrasting colors, however you'd need to add some supporting color modifications if you go with purple - it can look real good however.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:37 AM
venkatsharat

agreed purple is odd unless you have flood lighting
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 AM
amt120

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Offsets

I agree Rays tend to be more expensive but you do pay for the quality, especially with the crappy roads in CA. Sadly, I've recently hit a metal object going about 75 on the PCH. Luckily, it only flattened a part the inner lip of the front driver's side wheel and was repairable. With almost any other brand, the integrity of the wheel was sure to have been compromised. Also, I believe that if I'm forking over $4-5k for wheels and tires, I want a quality product. Rays Engineering puts in the time and money in their R&D. (Note: Advans are also made by Rays). The Tein coilovers can ride pretty low- but they are adjustable. I have it on a medium damper setting and adjusted the ride height to be slightly higher than the drop on the eibach springs. I do get some rubbing going in and out of steep driveways and over speed bumps, but that's mostly due to the huge cans on the ARK GRIP, any other exhaust and you should be fine. Coming out of driveways can be an issue too and i've scraped the crap out of my oem front lip as it juts out quite a bit.

Offsets are 20x8.5 +38 Front, 20x9.5 +38 Rear

Originally Posted by sneakers
Thanks amt for the shot. I like it! You rep us LP sedan well.

I am considering Rays wheel too but bit pricey and looking at TSW as a more affordable alternative . Do you mind sharing your decision process when you chose Rays wheel over other brand in similar price range?

What offset you running with tein coilover and any issue when you have passenger? Read quite a few members like tein or stance for quality coilover if kw was out of their price range . Seems kw is the standard everyone else is compare to.

Thanks for sharing. New to these type of stuff and the more I research the more things I need to consider. I have sway bar, tinted and front spoiler still in box. Next is either akebono bbk or wheels or coil over.

Quick Reply: Wheels for liquid platinum?