Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

why is my $40k car driving like a POS!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Emon Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is my $40k car driving like a POS!?

It really bothers me that I've just been ignoring this for the longest time and not getting it fixed, but I put my 20" vertini's on about a year ago and for the first 6 months everything was fine...but then one day I start noticing the steering wheel shaking when I drive...but here's the kicker... it doesn't happen all the time. It happens sometimes, sporadically, im not sure what's causing it? If it were a bend in a wheel or bubble in the tire, 1)Id notice the bubble visually and 2) it would happen ALL THE TIME instead of sometimes.....

so here's my question(s)....

Where do I go in Nj/Ny to get someone to fix this? Alignment shop? Would an STS tire be a good idea or does anyone know any specific shops to bring it to? I mainly ask b/c Im thinking of dropping the eibach pro kit on there but don't want to make a ****tier feeling ride feel even ****tier.....PLEASE HELP ME restore the ride quality back to how a G SHOULD ride
Old 09-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Ukraineg37s

look up a place that can do a road force balance and they will tell you everything thats wrong with your rim or tire which will 95% get rid of the vibration
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Emon Crew

Hey Ukraine, thanks for the heads up im going to take it into a firestone that has a road force machine today and get it looked at. I hope it was some minor issue and the car can finally drive normally again
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Emon Crew
Hey Ukraine, thanks for the heads up im going to take it into a firestone that has a road force machine today and get it looked at. I hope it was some minor issue and the car can finally drive normally again
Sounds like it wan't balanced right...should be a simple fix if that's all it is...when you get your wheels balanced when buying rims or tires they don't always get it right.

good luck.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine did the same thing then stopped. Sometimes it shook like the lugs were loose then it would stop on the same road. Weirdest thing
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Emon Crew
It really bothers me that I've just been ignoring this for the longest time and not getting it fixed, but I put my 20" vertini's on about a year ago and for the first 6 months everything was fine...but then one day I start noticing the steering wheel shaking when I drive...but here's the kicker... it doesn't happen all the time. It happens sometimes, sporadically, im not sure what's causing it? If it were a bend in a wheel or bubble in the tire, 1)Id notice the bubble visually and 2) it would happen ALL THE TIME instead of sometimes.....

so here's my question(s)....

Where do I go in Nj/Ny to get someone to fix this? Alignment shop? Would an STS tire be a good idea or does anyone know any specific shops to bring it to? I mainly ask b/c Im thinking of dropping the eibach pro kit on there but don't want to make a ****tier feeling ride feel even ****tier.....PLEASE HELP ME restore the ride quality back to how a G SHOULD ride
Sounds like your Made in China wheels not the car. You get what you pay for.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
RAVSPEC
Former Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
i'll try to put the OEM wheels back and see if that help. IF yes, then ur wheels probably bent or not balance.