Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Double check you have everything installed properly. Is there a chance something isn't pushed all the way on? I know you don't have spacers in the rear, but I had a similar scenario when I installed my spacers on the rear. The oem stud from the hub was not lined up properly with the channels on the back of the rear wheels causing the lug nuts to feel tight because the wheel was pushing against the oem stud.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pcasey
ahhh huh? do you want me to give you the different part numbers for the 08 coupe sports rotors versus the 09 g37 sedan sport rotors???
Sure, why not.... Let me have them. Are the hubs the same? That would really tell you if there was a difference.

I responded because you originally made the comment "i just would change out the sedan rotors and replace with coupe rotors regardless of the problem" (like they are somehow inferior), but you just said they are same rotors. The only sport brakes he could have from a sedan would have to be 09's, and you just confirmed the 09 coupe and sedan have the same rotor. I think your advice the check the rotor is good, but telling someone they should change out the sedan rotor just because it is from a sedan is kind of flawed....
Old 02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I said that they were the same rotors?? when?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

yes i didnt say the 08 sport coupe rotors were the same as the 2009 sport sedan rotors................... i said from 2009 and UP that does not include the 2008 sport coupe. so what i am saying is that the 2008 sport coupe rotors are different than the 2009 sedan sport brakes
Old 02-28-2011, 03:10 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
I agree it is probably an issue with the wheels and not the brakes... Unless his alignment is set up extremely positive, which I dope it is cause there is no reason for that.. OP has been having this problem for atleast 2 months now, and I tried to help him back then with no success. The size/offsets of volk wheels are indicated with a sticker on the barrel and stamped on the back of the wheels face.. I even posted pics of my volk stickers to help him out, but he never confirmed if his were the same or different. If he is running the wrong disc wheel with a BBK that could effect how it sits on the hub too... I believe mine are J disc wheels. Here's a pic of my front wheel sticker. I don't have my rear sticker pic right now, but I can post later tonight when I get home.
The disk type on Volk's (they actually call it inset) only has to do with the shape/position of the face for brake clearance. As long as it clears the brakes, which has been confirmed, the disk type will not affect the way the wheel sits on the hub. The GT-30 would be an A-B-C disk (A being a face with maximum BBK clearance, and C being maximum lip). Here are a couple of pics from my Volk's:

Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

yeah, your right jran. my bad. I was getting the wrong info. sorry bout that. Last time i listen to infiniti parts people without double checking myself
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Beerme had the lips repainted matte black because the phantoms had problems originally with their paint on the lips so the stickers are no longer on the barrel.... I have a picture from the boxing though I should Kverd it on one thread...Even my front wheels DON'T CLEAR without 15MM spacers WITH the Akebono BBK when they SHOULD. I'm going to check the alignment because maybe the guy who installed the brakes messed up my alignment, what do you think?

....this is for the front wheel I took a pic of the box BEERME gave me..

Old 02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
jran76

regardless i wouldnt want sedan rotors, I would want the coupe rotors on the coupe.
i just would change out the sedan rotors and replace with coupe rotors regardless of the problem there is something wrong with the set up becuz those offsets should NOT be sticking out like that.
I made my original comment because of the above comments you made. Sorry, there was no mention of 08/09, etc. I just thought your comment was not really accurate, or you did a poor job explaining what you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

yes i didnt say the 08 sport coupe rotors were the same as the 2009 sport sedan rotors................... i said from 2009 and UP that does not include the 2008 sport coupe. so what i am saying is that the 2008 sport coupe rotors are different than the 2009 sedan sport brakes
Please confirm that this is true. I just talked to my local Infiniti dealership, and they are saying all the 08-10 G37 sport model brakes use the same rear rotor.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

No your right its my bad, I was going on what my local dealership was saying then I checked for myself and found out u were correct. I apologize for the mis information, I will make sure to double check next time.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jran76
I made my original comment because of the above comments you made. Sorry, there was no mention of 08/09, etc. I just thought your comment was not really accurate, or you did a poor job explaining what you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Please confirm that this is true. I just talked to my local Infiniti dealership, and they are saying all the 08-10 G37 sport model brakes use the same rear rotor.
Even sedans? The guy I bought them from bought them new and had an older sedan like 07 I think
Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM
jran76

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Beerme had the lips repainted matte black because the phantoms had problems originally with their paint on the lips so the stickers are no longer on the barrel.... I have a picture from the boxing though I should Kverd it on one thread...Even my front wheels DON'T CLEAR without 15MM spacers WITH the Akebono BBK when they SHOULD. I'm going to check the alignment because maybe the guy who installed the brakes messed up my alignment, what do you think?
I gotta say, I am not sure. The GT-30 was only officially offered in a 20x9.5" +35 with inset A. This should give you enough clearance to clear the BBK with no issues and no spacers. No one else has had an issue with this same size GT30, and I know of at least 2 sedans, and 5 coupes running the same setup with sport brakes. It leads me to believe something is different with your wheels. I think you need to do one of two things, and both involve pulling the wheels off the car. Either pull off a wheel and look on the inside by the hub to see if it has the size/offset forged into the wheel, or put the wheel on a flat surface and measure the width and offset.

I would not normally expect alignment issues after a brake kit install unless things go terribly wrong. The fact both sides are the same leads me the believe it is not a result of alignment changes during the BBK install. I am pretty sure you have a wheel problem, or you just need to lower it and see how things work out.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
jran76

No your right its my bad, I was going on what my local dealership was saying then I checked for myself and found out u were correct. I apologize for the mis information, I will make sure to double check next time.
No problem.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:53 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jran76
I gotta say, I am not sure. The GT-30 was only officially offered in a 20x9.5" +35 with inset A. This should give you enough clearance to clear the BBK with no issues and no spacers. No one else has had an issue with this same size GT30, and I know of at least 2 sedans, and 5 coupes running the same setup with sport brakes. It leads me to believe something is different with your wheels. I think you need to do one of two things, and both involve pulling the wheels off the car. Either pull off a wheel and look on the inside by the hub to see if it has the size/offset forged into the wheel, or put the wheel on a flat surface and measure the width and offset.

I would not normally expect alignment issues after a brake kit install unless things go terribly wrong. The fact both sides are the same leads me the believe it is not a result of alignment changes during the BBK install. I am pretty sure you have a wheel problem, or you just need to lower it and see how things work out.
So you think that getting an alignment won't solve anything cause I just called up a few places.

I'm really bugging out now because idk what to do.. ugh
Old 02-28-2011, 03:54 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Jran: what does the "J" represent after the offset number on the sticker? And looking at my sticker it says "A-18", so I'm assuming that is for maximum BBK clearance? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Johnny: I'm am Kverd88... I changed my user name a while back... I see the boxes say the right offsets... But is there anything stamped into the back of the wheel faces, the flat portion that meets up against the hubs? Usually size and offsets will be labeled there as well. Your wheels are sticking out way further than mine did when I was on stock suspension.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
Jran: what does the "J" represent after the offset number on the sticker? And looking at my sticker it says "A-18", so I'm assuming that is for maximum BBK clearance? Correct me if I'm wrong...

Johnny: I'm am Kverd88... I changed my user name a while back... I see the boxes say the right offsets... But is there anything stamped into the back of the wheel faces, the flat portion that meets up against the hubs? Usually size and offsets will be labeled there as well. Your wheels are sticking out way further than mine did when I was on stock suspension.
My car is non-sport though so don't we have different suspension? IDK if that's the problem but still it shouldn't have anything to do with this? Do I have to take my wheel off to see what it says? It's raining down here so I'll have to wait..

Quick Reply: Help Wheel/Tire past my fender???