Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Need help quick on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need help quick on wheels

ok i took my stock 19 off and i want to put my 18 back on. I dont know which one belong on which one and i heard they all have to be in the exact side i took off or TPMS go off.

well i sat there for a hour and i switch the tread back and forth and there all symmetrical and when i look inside they all Say R > but if i put on driver side they say R < so like the arrows dont help to know if they on left or right side or not
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If they are directional tires you must put them on with the arrows rolling toward the front of the car. It should be very easy to know which 2 tires go on a given side because 2 of them will be rolling in the correct direction when on one side of the car and incorrectly on the other. To tell which is front and rear will be more difficult since they aren't staggered like the 19's. Look for which has more brake dust (F) and which has more camber wear (R). I thought you would get a TPMS light if they are not in the original positions but someone else posted that is incorrect. I couldn't confirm this in the FSM. I guess you are about to find out.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but mark them next time when you take them off.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If they are directional tires you must put them on with the arrows rolling toward the front of the car. It should be very easy to know which 2 tires go on a given side because 2 of them will be rolling in the correct direction when on one side of the car and incorrectly on the other. To tell which is front and rear will be more difficult since they aren't staggered like the 19's. Look for which has more brake dust (F) and which has more camber wear (R). I thought you would get a TPMS light if they are not in the original positions but someone else posted that is incorrect. I couldn't confirm this in the FSM. I guess you are about to find out.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but mark them next time when you take them off.
yeah im mark them next time in the back, i should have thought of that. I just put them on randomly. I know one is in the wrong spot though cause i curb only one wheel and that was passenger rear and i put that one in passenger front and realize it but it was too cold so i just said wth. i put it on. reset my ecu and drove around for about 5 minutes and nothingg yet. ill drive to work tomorrow(25 mile drive) and see if it cuts on. if it does then ill just get HFC. go to houston and install it and get my TPMS reset at the same time and mark them so i know which one to put in which for my Iforged
Old 03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
mpbruin108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do you get these pictures of random asian chicks on your profile? so far so many are so hot...i'm just curious. =)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're not random! That's how he rolls...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:18 AM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
easiest way to find out....deflate the tire and then the tpms will show u which wheel ur deflating...but obviously u'll need to do it where u have an air pump...