Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Active Steer

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
veees.1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active Steer

So i test drove the G37 (journey, sports, premium) again today
( for the third time) and each time the car felt little different. The only change between the test runs was the active steering.

Without the active steer, the steering felt little light...To me it looks like the active steers makes the steering more responsive, more feedback (like the bmw). Is this a correct observations? Did anyone else feel the same?

Is the active steer worth it?

thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
rrrevin

My opinion.. for 97% of the people out there, they will never be able to use the full potential of what 4WAS gives. You basicially have to be on a closed track to really see/feel the difference. For the other 5%.. they will only see what 4WAS gives 5% of the time...

The added weight and cost.. in my opinion is not worth it.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
lenmacd11

Originally Posted by rrrevin
eople out there, they will never be able to use the full potential of what 4WAS gives.
For me this is the best new option. I read that you don't want it on the track...I believe that.

Here in Southern California it is superb for weaving in and out of traffic to from the office, about 95% of my driving. Here most everyone ignores the "slower traffice keep right" signs.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LVOE it!! love it with the 19's, love it more with the 21's. for those who don't ahve it, sorry!!

If you plan on tracking the car, just figure out if you can pull a fuse or soemthing for it and BAM!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by solopresident
LVOE it!! love it with the 19's, love it more with the 21's. for those who don't ahve it, sorry!!

If you plan on tracking the car, just figure out if you can pull a fuse or soemthing for it and BAM!!!!

What's your primary style of driving? I'm ordering a G right now and debating whether I want that option or not. Are the benefits of it noticable only at high speed, agressive cornering? Sell me on it!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Test drove one with and one without. I honestly could not tell the difference so I saved myself a grand and 300 lbs or so.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:05 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
the 4WAS was kinda weird...didn't feel natural to me...better or worse i opted not to get it.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

get a set of swaybars to make it better if you dont get the ras...to me its jsut added weight, another big expensive part to break and fix, costs a G to buy....from my understanding it only works during highway speeds...its supposed to make the car more nimble...if you wanna save $22 a month dont get it...if you want that safety for the highway and feel morenimble get it..just IMHO
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

I drive normally like anyone of us. Looking at my avg. miles per tank and others i would haveto say im not as lead footed as they maybe. I do notice it a lot on corners, hard rights or lefts, sudden sterring jerks etc. It is a tad bit hard to get to know the exacts of the car but I think its a great option. I love it and don't have any problems with the weight or the "uncertainty" that some talk about. If you test drove a car with it and didn't feel it, you didn't really drive the car. You will notice it right away but on most turns it will feel natural and un-noticable its just those few times a day you love it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by solopresident
I drive normally like anyone of us. Looking at my avg. miles per tank and others i would haveto say im not as lead footed as they maybe. I do notice it a lot on corners, hard rights or lefts, sudden sterring jerks etc. It is a tad bit hard to get to know the exacts of the car but I think its a great option. I love it and don't have any problems with the weight or the "uncertainty" that some talk about. If you test drove a car with it and didn't feel it, you didn't really drive the car. You will notice it right away but on most turns it will feel natural and un-noticable its just those few times a day you love it.
great points bro..you are absolutely correct...to some its worth it and some its not...if i lvoe something i have no problem paying for it...i didnt love it so id nt pay for it..lol...but as long as you love it, tahts all that matters...i did notice a feeling when i test drove one...i really did..but to me it wasnt worth it and i didnt fall in love with it...id rather have a set of sways with nice springs and enjoy the car....

solo, lemme ask you...do the rear wheels turn enuff to where it can rub on the rear quarters??? ive always wondered that if the cars dropped with big wheels can it rub with the RAS...thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

not dropped yet but on way home from sema i had 16 gallons of water in the trunk and maybe another 100-200 pounds of junk. the wter was to lower the rear for the show, and i drove hard on turns and it was ok. It only turns about 1degree.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

lololol...good idea...hey i guess you gotta do what ya gotta do!!! haha...good riggins!!! lol..
Old 11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

lol, i know. You would be surprised at how many top tuners do this. I know many who use their systems instead of springs for the rear b/c their system weighs like 500 lbs, lol. Its not common to see that but show cars do weird things at times. Car looked great IMO at the show with the drop, i mean water lol!!! im ghetto
Old 11-09-2007, 06:06 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

hey whatever ya gotta do...lol..good stuff!!
Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright Quick Question Guys, Will get 4WAS Make it Harder for me to get Rims later down the Line, or Drop the Car? I heard something about this Before and Thats Why I ask?