Yet another RSB swap question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Fermelmehue

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet another RSB swap question

Hi all! I just got my new (to me) 2013 G37X in September and am giving serious thought to swapping out the rear sway bar, like almost everybody with the AWD wants to do.

I've done tons of reading, and everything I've read says I'll be happier with a RWD rear sway than I am with stock, but even happier with an Eibach. Herein lies the question: Everything I've read from Eibach says that their rear sway won't fit my car, but I *think* I read somewhere that somebody managed to do it. Can I put an Eibach rear sway on my AWD sedan? Has anybody done it and what would I need to know before committing to it?

Also, what other parts would I need? Would my stock links work alright or should they be beefed up too? (I know the kits come with all that but I've got my eye on a used one with a broken link.)

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Fermelmehue; 11-12-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 PM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
^I received your PM and responded... but for others out there wondering the same as you, here is the part number for the Eibach rear sway bar that fits the AWD sedan and RWD sedan. 6393.312

It's been almost 2 years with the Eibach RSB installed and it's still running great.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
x2lacrosse
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you're leaning towards the aftermarket RSB but I can offer my 2 cents on a factory one. I recently bought a used Journey Coupe RSB off ebay for $50 (and free shipping); it even came w/ the bushings and was in good shape ie no structural defects. With this, a Cusco Tower Brace and 224/50-18 tires, the car feels much better now.
My main point is if you don't plan to 'track' the car and are just looking to improve the day-2-day handling, then you could save some money and go w/ a used OEM RSB. Another plus to this is you're assured the factory end links are good to go. Just food for thought, good luck w/ your purchase.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Fermelmehue

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your input! As it turns out I found a used eibach on ebay for $70, structurally sound, with bushings that looked practically new. Popped it on last weekend and it's awesome!! I'm thrilled with how much more planted the rear wheels feel now.

​​​I don't plan to track it at all but I do enjoy cornering like a maniac.

I'm going to wait at least until spring for fatter wheels but I've definitely got em on the list