Issues with the Ksport Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:41 PM
chrispyy
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Issues with the Ksport Coilovers

I heard great things about these coilovers. I just finished installing my Ksport coils today on my G37xS coupe and the fronts are way too low. I twisted the coils all the way to the max height where there is barely any thread left. I can barely fit a finger between the tire and the fender after I set the car to the ground. Also, the ride feels stiff and bouncy. I can feel every bump on the road yet it bounces a good amount as well. Does anyone else have this issue? I feel like I've done something wrong installing them, me and my friend installed it btw.

Here is a pic of it for reference:

Edit: So I emailed Ksport and it turns out I adjusted the height wrong on the coils. I should have read the manual a bit more. Long story short the car wasn't loaded on the spring and it made the car drop way low. I needed to adjust the coils from the bottom part only.It was a rookie mistake being it my first time. Now it sits exactly how I want it and it drives just how I like it after adjusting the damping to soft. I am super happy with the coilovers so far, no noises or anything and drives almost like stock, just a tad bit rougher. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I attached a photo to how it sits now

Last edited by chrispyy; 10-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:02 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Might shoot a PM to the93owner, he has Ksports for awhile now and may be of help, sounds like you'll need to fine tune your damper adjusters for more comfort-oriented ride. Some coilovers start out pretty low even at their highest setting. Looks like your front is about the same as where I'm set on my RWD sedan on Megan COs, but I do have room to go higher so ???
Here's his build thread~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...7xs-sedan.html
Old 10-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Looks sick!!!!!! I just got my k sports put on my x 2 weeks ago and love them so far. I still need to adjust them a little less bounce. But over all very happy. No weird noises either. FINGERS CROSSED!

Originally Posted by chrispyy
I heard great things about these coilovers. I just finished installing my Ksport coils today on my G37xS coupe and the fronts are way too low. I twisted the coils all the way to the max height where there is barely any thread left. I can barely fit a finger between the tire and the fender after I set the car to the ground. Also, the ride feels stiff and bouncy. I can feel every bump on the road yet it bounces a good amount as well. Does anyone else have this issue? I feel like I've done something wrong installing them, me and my friend installed it btw.

Here is a pic of it for reference:

Edit: So I emailed Ksport and it turns out I adjusted the height wrong on the coils. I should have read the manual a bit more. Long story short the car wasn't loaded on the spring and it made the car drop way low. I needed to adjust the coils from the bottom part only.It was a rookie mistake being it my first time. Now it sits exactly how I want it and it drives just how I like it after adjusting the damping to soft. I am super happy with the coilovers so far, no noises or anything and drives almost like stock, just a tad bit rougher. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I attached a photo to how it sits now

Old 10-18-2017, 11:17 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I was going to say, that last pic sits perfect! Glad you were able to work it out
Old 10-18-2017, 02:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Agree, the G is sitting just right, glad you're back to happy. Post a review in the review folder when you can.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:38 PM
vdragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, whats your setup for the G, I was literally looking at your exact setup for wheels and was told it was impossible!! Just ordered coilovers and wondering how you got those to fit. camber/offsets and whatnot.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:36 PM
chrispyy
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vdragon
Hey, whats your setup for the G, I was literally looking at your exact setup for wheels and was told it was impossible!! Just ordered coilovers and wondering how you got those to fit. camber/offsets and whatnot.
Hey, set up is Vossen VFS1 20x10.5 +25 with hankook Ventus 275/30/20 for all four wheels with rear SPC camber kit. It’s totally possible! I also removed the rear bumper bracket to prevent rubbing
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (03-10-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 10:21 AM
infamous84
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is that a 1 finger gap drop?
Old 03-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
One issue I had with my coils (not specific to only k sport but relevant to this thread) no real easy way to adjust rear damping settings.
I know there’s a better way to adjust the damping settings (adjust and leave it but I wanted to be able to be able to adjust fully) but I tried to drill hole and it didn’t allow the key to go all the way in to adjust. So I took a grinder to it. Seat comes out in sedan in like 4bolts (14mm) (5mins or less)

I had been running the rear on as hard as it comes but wanted to change the rear to as soft as it goes for the drag strip. Now I can adjust in 10 mins or less.

The labeled picture isn’t from me just wanted to put in here for reference also. Thanks to whoever posted it.

Not my picture, but wanted to use it to help everyone. These holes are right behind the headrest in back seats. I tried to drill a 1/4 inch hole but that didn’t get it far enough down to actually adjust it.
Now can adjust it completely without having to drop the coil and adjust that way.
Towels to cover/save the interior. Sparks everywhereeeeeee
Terrible cut I know, I’ll be going back and cleaning it up later.
Only 4 bolts to take out entire back seat. 4 bolts are at the bottom of the backs to the seat. Then they slide off the hinge at the top once bolts are removed.
The following users liked this post:
chrispyy (07-19-2019)
Old 03-24-2018, 04:11 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
And this is why I've decided to go with Aragostas. Expensive, sure, but the damping adjuster is at the bottom. I refuse to cut up the car to add an adjuster cable to the top of the damper.