Carbotech Pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 02:16 PM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Carbotech Pads

Anyone here have any experience with carbotechs? My buddy ran them on his m5 and swore by them. The main reason I am considering them over the usual hawk or EBC, apparently you can swap out any carbotech pad with another carbotech pad without having to re-seat or re-surface the rotors. Example, swapping DD pads to track pads for track day.

Anyone know a vendor on here who sells carbotechs? I searched, but looks like the last advertiser advertised in 2015.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:48 PM
bPChaos
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Just installed XP10s on mine (literally yesterday). Initial thoughts - they bite hard, and get better with heat. Also, they squeal under low pressure and when cold. It will probably bother you. They will probably dust a lot too.

I'll let you know as I run these down. Unfortunately no track days planned in the coming months, so I can't comment on their performance when pushed.

No idea for vendors, as I bought these used through another member here.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:58 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
About three track days into my XP10 / XP8 combo. I like them a lot. Very responsive when heated up, they have great modulation and bite hard when needed. They do dust (a lot) and are like a stuck pig when cold (greasing the backing plate helped a lot).