Those with SPC front camber arms

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 01:24 PM
Ihtbealexxx

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Those with SPC front camber arms

Hey guys. I've had a squeak on my front passenger side in my suspension for a few months now. Did Coilover maintainence on my BC Coilovers and replaced all bushings and the noise is still there.

I've narrowed down the noise to my SPC front camber arms. Either the bushings or ball joint is worn out. However I've only had them on for 6 months. Is it normal for the bushings to go bad this quickly? I'm not slammed so I figured it would last longer
Old 05-27-2017, 10:24 PM
Invaderzim
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
No problems yet for me but only have had them on for a couple months.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:04 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Might check this thread~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...ng-thread.html
I've had my F&R SPC kits for about 6 years now IIRC, no noise issues from them, my coilovers however are a bit annoying at times

I'd also give SPC a call and see if they recommend greasing the bushings and if so, what grease they recommend. The Toyota that's listed inside that above link has a different bushing so not sure if the grease steps would be the same ???
Old 05-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Ihtbealexxx

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Regreased every bushing from the sway bar to the control arms to no avail. Ordered a set of control arm bushings from SPC and gonna give that a shot. I'm thinking it's the bushings more than the ball joints because the squeak only happens on low speed bumps and not when turning the wheel