G37x coupe Swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 PM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
G37x coupe Swift springs

Hey guys, this is not a review of Swift Springs for G37x coupe. I need the guys with G37x coupe to chime in on this matter. So after been lowered on Swift springs recently I notice my car seems to be quite floaty at times and just too bouncy. I definitely regret these springs now and should have gone coilovers.

At times i feel like my rear gets loose, so for those that are swift springs for X coupe..was your car too floaty, loose and just too bouncy. From my research of Swift springs they say it's oem like. The car is not even low and it feels like its slammed...smh what can I do to keep my G more planted?

Sway bars? Lmk
Old 03-02-2016, 08:39 PM
JeffG37x

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
That sucks! At some point I was looking to lower and was leaning toward a swift drop over eibach because the drop was not as drastic.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:12 PM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
FWIW OEM felt floaty to me.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:23 PM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
OP I had this EXACT problem on my X coupe after getting my springs put on. I felt like the smallest bumps destabilized my rear end and traveling at highway speed, especially in the rain, made me afraid of losing control of the car. It really did feel like I was floating/skating on the road surface.

I'm gonna simplify cause it's a long story.

1. Did you get the car aligned after install? If so how long did you wait for the springs to settle? If you didn't wait very long they may have settled more and you're out of alignment again

2. Did you install a camber kit? Mine was installed incorrectly. My local shop did not trim the slot for the toe bolts AND switched the hardware for the toe bolts and control arms. After going to a dedicated race shop around me I was furious to learn that's what happened.

Oh, and if you haven't yet, do the obvious thing and check your tires and make sure you have tread. Obviously overly worn tired could give similar results.

So my advice: Make sure the car is aligned properly and also that your camber kit is installed correctly. Improper install would not only put you at risk but throw your car out of alignment accentuating your situation. My poor alignment and camber kit made my car feel very unsafe and floaty at speed similar to what you describe. After getting everything fixed it is amazing. The Swifts are a great mod. Very controlled, planted, and comfortable to boot.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:57 PM
G37X NYC
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Jumbo palace gives good advice, I also recommend the sway bars! I actually had the sway bars installed before the springs, maybe this is why I never noticed what you describe..
Old 03-03-2016, 05:03 PM
slawek65
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2011 X Coupe with Swift springs, camber kit and sway bar. Perfect drop (for me ) ride quality and control. No problems from day one.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:32 PM
VQHAY

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
The day after I got an alignment. I don't think the car settle much to be honest. But everything you mentioned is exactly my symptoms. I may need to get it realigned. I don't plan on dremmeling just spc arms.

Originally Posted by JUMBO PALACE
OP I had this EXACT problem on my X coupe after getting my springs put on. I felt like the smallest bumps destabilized my rear end and traveling at highway speed, especially in the rain, made me afraid of losing control of the car. It really did feel like I was floating/skating on the road surface.

I'm gonna simplify cause it's a long story.

1. Did you get the car aligned after install? If so how long did you wait for the springs to settle? If you didn't wait very long they may have settled more and you're out of alignment again

2. Did you install a camber kit? Mine was installed incorrectly. My local shop did not trim the slot for the toe bolts AND switched the hardware for the toe bolts and control arms. After going to a dedicated race shop around me I was furious to learn that's what happened.

Oh, and if you haven't yet, do the obvious thing and check your tires and make sure you have tread. Obviously overly worn tired could give similar results.

So my advice: Make sure the car is aligned properly and also that your camber kit is installed correctly. Improper install would not only put you at risk but throw your car out of alignment accentuating your situation. My poor alignment and camber kit made my car feel very unsafe and floaty at speed similar to what you describe. After getting everything fixed it is amazing. The Swifts are a great mod. Very controlled, planted, and comfortable to boot.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Moe_G37x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have set of Eibachs for X Coupe. Brand new. Never used. Let me know. :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 11:21 PM
JUMBO PALACE
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by VQHAY
The day after I got an alignment.
This is fine but you absolutely need another one after having put some miles on the car. A couple hundred to 1k should see the springs sitting where they're comfortable. This is probably the root of your issue quite honestly.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:19 PM
pal51961
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I have swift on my x coupe now and love the ride, no issues. I did not do a camber kit, and had an alignment done and the guy set the specs with no problem. Hoping for decent tire wear and no issues.