G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 01:48 PM
ndbeyond

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers

Hey guys, I will be purchasing a set of stance SS Coilovers for my sedan later on today or tomorrow along with a rear camber kit! Right now I have Tanabe springs and HATE them. I talked with Adam over at race consulting agency and he's been a huge help with my future purchase! ( highly recommend him for suspension questions and purchases )
Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone on here with an AWD has the set up yet! It's fairly new so I wouldn't be surprised if no one does!
I'll be posting pictures along with a review on them when I get them installed after this long winter here in Omaha!
Old 02-05-2016, 04:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by ndbeyond
Hey guys, I will be purchasing a set of stance SS Coilovers for my sedan later on today or tomorrow along with a rear camber kit! Right now I have Tanabe springs and HATE them. I talked with Adam over at race consulting agency and he's been a huge help with my future purchase! ( highly recommend him for suspension questions and purchases )
Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone on here with an AWD has the set up yet! It's fairly new so I wouldn't be surprised if no one does!
I'll be posting pictures along with a review on them when I get them installed after this long winter here in Omaha!
Look forward to your review, AFAIK you're the first
Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Peepz
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Definitely subbing to this!! I was considering these coils as well for two reasons, well 3 actually. True rear coilover setup for the rear, height marks on the struts which is the BEST thing I've ever seen. lol and my megan coils are ****ty

Heard some of the subi and lexus guys are enjoying them.

***EDIT**** I was confused between stance and scale. Scale coils are the ones i described above. whoops. Still subbed

Last edited by Peepz; 02-16-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:38 PM
HS125
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know...standing by.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
What they said! Sub'd!
Old 02-06-2016, 09:57 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Great news!!!

Do you happen to have the part number? Are you going with Swifts, etc, etc? What options did you choose?

Thanks - Sean
Old 02-08-2016, 11:31 AM
ndbeyond

Just a little update.
Coilovers are on there way along with the rear camber kit!
Should be getting it by the end of this week
And hopefully have it installed by the end of the month!
I'll keep everyone updated
I almost went with the KSports, but really wanted to give the stance coils a shot!
The following users liked this post:
CPJ LB (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 11:34 AM
CPJ LB
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
^ thanks...this would be a great alternative for the X sedans... I have a set of Swifts still in the box, so if the Stance coils work well, it will be a must have for me.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:09 AM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Subscribed!

Just curious, but did you go with the true coil-overs for the rear (since Stance offers both) or do you still plan to keep the springs in the factory spring buckets?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:28 AM
ndbeyond

Yes, I went with the true coilover
Adam over at race consulting agency told me he would sell it either way but recommends the true set up over the OEM. They should be here tomorrow!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Very cool. Even though I'm in a RWD I'm still very interested to know your thoughts on these, as I've been considering going to true coils in the rear for a while now, but have heard mixed reviews regarding the ride.

Patiently awaiting updates!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:33 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
I've been told these were a "few weeks away" from Touge Factory for so long I gave up on the idea of them actually ever being produced. It almost leaves me skeptical, lol. Glad to hear they are finally done but it still strikes me as odd that there is no information about these anywhere online. Hopefully you don't end up with an unfortunate surprise...
Old 02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
ndbeyond

Yeah, I totally agree ryne. I'm a little nervous about them, but if they don't work out I will send them right back! Excited to give feedback on these!
Old 02-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Yeah, I totally agree ryne. I'm a little nervous about them, but if they don't work out I will send them right back! Excited to give feedback on these!
The place you bought them from is less than an hour from where I live. I looked at their website and it increases my level of concern. It says they fit "ALL models" and as we all know, that just isn't true. The AWD suspension is different in the front. Further increasing my concern is the fact that there are several other coilover brands on their website that say they fit the AWD that really do not (Ex. HKS, Tein, etc.). Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and I hope I'm wrong...

Be sure to keep us updated.

Other coilovers that "fit" according to their website:

TEIN Dampers - Street Basis - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION

HKS Hipermax Max IV GT Coilovers - Race Consulting Agency - PARTS | KNOWLEDGE | PASSION
Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Sub'd if these even fit and or don't clunk :/
The following users liked this post:
Rr1982 (10-21-2016)

Quick Reply: G37X Sedan With Stance Coilovers