Tein Basis coilovers on '13 G37S sedan 6spd - Page 5 - MyG37

Tein Basis coilovers on '13 G37S sedan 6spd

Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #61
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywat? View Post
so is it better to make coil lock rings same height and deal with the slightly uneven fender height or to make the rings not same height and adjust them so that the fender height is even both sides?
That's a good question. I would imagine it is better to adjust the suspension the same on both sides so that you have the same amount of travel in the suspension, and in this instance the same spring rate.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:34 PM   #62
saywat?

but then isnt that wat corner balancing does for coilovers when the adjustments are made? the result will be the left to right side adjustments will not be exactly the same ?
saywat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #63
4DRZ

Quote:
but then isnt that wat corner balancing does for coilovers when the adjustments are made? the result will be the left to right side adjustments will not be exactly the same ?
That is exactly right for weight balance. Most of the time you do that with a more serious set of coilovers where you can adjust the height without changing the tension on the springs so the handling stays more similar. Those types of coilovers also usually have adjustable dampening to account for ride height differences.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #64
saywat?

i kno the tein basis z doesnt have those features but i would think it should be ok to adjust the perches even if its a tad different height to get the fender height even if thats important to u. thats jus the logic for me. lol. mine is off by 1/8 for me its not a big deal ima leave mine lol. thats not enough variance for me to go wasting my time trying to get the fender height even lol
Old 02-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #65
saywat?

actually after reading more about corner balancing it seems all the small adjustments are only done on the spring perches. so technically u can corner balance tein basis coilovers if u wanted to lol . the dampening plays no role as far as dampening adjusments go. correct me if im wrong anyone? i technically havent done corner balancing before jus going off wat ive read
Old 02-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #66
4DRZ

Quote:
actually after reading more about corner balancing it seems all the small adjustments are only done on the spring perches. so technically u can corner balance tein basis coilovers if u wanted to lol . the dampening plays no role as far as dampening adjusments go. correct me if im wrong anyone? i technically havent done corner balancing before jus going off wat ive read
You are right, you could still corner balance the Tein Basis, but it will change the spring & shock compression amount like I mentioned earlier. Compare this to a more expensive Tein coilover where you can adjust the height without changing the spring compression. You are also able to adjust the compression and rebound on most high end coilover dampers to counter any overall height change.

Like you said, I doubt I would notice any ride or handling difference over a measly 1/4" difference on any one side.