7.41%
Purple
1.85%
Burnt Orange
22.22%
Other
14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What would be your color idea? Caliper Paint.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Aquamarine blue from post #43 on this thread FTW
What Color Calipers? - Page 3 - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike24
Yellow !!

Link
Just sick! I def love yellow.

Originally Posted by rod_b
I have a graphite shadow sedan and would either do red for more classic standard look or bright orange to go a bit on the flashy side.
I would do more of a orange..

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
Sell me the oem 19s you just bought?
You got it!

Originally Posted by john91
How about Dark Gold Metallic color? or just Goldish color with metallic in it..similar to one's GTR has?I think it will look sexy. IMHO red is way too common for calipers..
That was one of my 3 options. The goldish. Whichever color I do, will have flakes in it
Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 PM
alanz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be getting black!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by blnewt
Aquamarine blue from post #43 on this thread FTW
What Color Calipers? - Page 3 - Nissan 370Z Forum
Bro, this was an awesome link.. I saw visualization of two of the colors I have in mind.. Sick. Thank you.

Originally Posted by alanz
I'll be getting black!
, I would, (since I have a graphite/black theme), but its too plain for me.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:52 AM
InfiniteSmoke

And Yellow and Red for the winner lol

*Edit: Per survey that is lol

Last edited by InfiniteSmoke; 11-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
Bro, this was an awesome link.. I saw visualization of two of the colors I have in mind.. Sick. Thank you.
Glad to be of help Mr. Smoke, be sure to post pics when you get them done
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
http://imgur.com/a/Gk8n0

here is a link to my caliper paint job in Redskins colors. also like John91 said gold with metallic flakes would look really good aka the Georgia Tech helmet color.

Last edited by hinomura; 11-08-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I'm too stupid to post pics properly
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
TRich904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I may be doing a brake setup for my 37 soon enough. Already talked to my body shop who will powdercoat them, but I need some ideas on colors. Looking to see if the forum can change my mind from the color I currently have thought of.

The car is Graphite Shadow which will have a full chrome delete (completed soon). Black/Grey. More of a sport look than classy.

Again, these are just my opinions.

Red = Too Common.
Purple = Already seen someone with it.
Teal = Seen on coupes - I like it.
Yellow = I like it.
Burnt Orange = Something I haven't seen.
Green = Some family of green. Haven't seen.
Color Matched = Dont want to in this case.
Other = List what you got.
I am thinking of doing the same with my '09 G37s sedan. Going to match the caliper with exterior color of the vehicle (Red/Red).

How much is the body shop charging you? To take wheels off, sand down the brakes, paint brakes, install, etc. they are going to charge me $300.00. 2 day process at my shop in Jacksonville, FL.

You think that is a fair price?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by hinomura
RG37S - Imgur

here is a link to my caliper paint job in Redskins colors. also like John91 said gold with metallic flakes would look really good aka the Georgia Tech helmet color.
I must say, they look real good. I was thinking of Burgundy at one point as well but you pulled it off real well.

lol, college football at its finest.

Originally Posted by TRich904
I am thinking of doing the same with my '09 G37s sedan. Going to match the caliper with exterior color of the vehicle (Red/Red).

How much is the body shop charging you? To take wheels off, sand down the brakes, paint brakes, install, etc. they are going to charge me $300.00. 2 day process at my shop in Jacksonville, FL.

You think that is a fair price?

Thanks
Sounds reasonable actually. The shop I will be going to is the same price as yours but for not frequent clients. My pricing should be different though. Red/Red would be a nice combo.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:19 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And Yellow and Red for the winner lol

*Edit: Per survey that is lol

Looks like "other" is a close second...
Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
hinomura

I must say, they look real good. I was thinking of Burgundy at one point as well but you pulled it off real well.
Thanks!! When I painted them originally they were a little bit of a brighter reddish/burgundy as in current Redskins burgundy but as they heat cycled the color darkened slightly and took on a more purplish hue. I actually predicted this would happen and wanted it to happen since the color would then match the old school 1930s Redskins jersey color. So now I look pimp when I go to games on Sundays wearing my throwback Sammy Baugh jersey. If only I could look pimp after the game though... I just look forlorn and dejected. *sigh* Such is life as a Redskins fan.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Looks like "other" is a close second...
lol.. only if I knew what every 'other' was.

Thanks!! When I painted them originally they were a little bit of a brighter reddish/burgundy as in current Redskins burgundy but as they heat cycled the color darkened slightly and took on a more purplish hue. I actually predicted this would happen and wanted it to happen since the color would then match the old school 1930s Redskins jersey color. So now I look pimp when I go to games on Sundays wearing my throwback Sammy Baugh jersey. If only I could look pimp after the game though... I just look forlorn and dejected. *sigh* Such is life as a Redskins fan.
Haha, R.G isn't doing that bad now. But, interesting nevertheless. You have anything else to do that will be burgundy? There is one thing I can think of.

If you do customize the headlights, do the shrouds (lowbeam) and turning signal burgandy, all in a black housing. It would look crazy, but it will match the calipers though haha
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
TRich904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to velcro dreads off the trunk and the G will look like RG3!!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:11 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Other: i say a nice blue will stand out nicely.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM
hinomura

Haha, R.G isn't doing that bad now. But, interesting nevertheless. You have anything else to do that will be burgundy? There is one thing I can think of.

If you do customize the headlights, do the shrouds (lowbeam) and turning signal burgandy, all in a black housing. It would look crazy, but it will match the calipers though haha
I thought about doing doing the housing in burgundy and the shroud in gold so that it truly would look like Ironman yet also Redskins. I just need to find time to do it.

Originally Posted by TRich904
You need to velcro dreads off the trunk and the G will look like RG3!!!!
HAHAHA That's the most absurd but awesome idea ever. I would do it if I could find microfiber dreads that wouldn't scratch up the paint.

Quick Reply: What would be your color idea? Caliper Paint.